My Ferrari & exotic photo collection | Page 2 | FerrariChat

My Ferrari & exotic photo collection

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by R33, Sep 7, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. R33

R33 Formula Junior

May 7, 2005
    Kent,UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Creed
    A similar past Simon. I used to follow the Aston Owners Club around from venue to venue. Also spent a lot of time with the lamborghini club down at Goodwood too. They were the days when Club meets would enable you to have rides out on track all the time and get to see some rare machinery.
    Would like to see some of your pics. Maybe we were at similar events.

2. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Most of my serious club racing (as a spectator only :() was between 1982 and 1990. The Intermarque Challenge (AC, Aston, Ferrari and Porsche) was a great favourite of mine. Paddocks full of Cobras, some seriously modified E types and Aston V8's and the car park would regularly throw up a 250TDF or a SWB. I remember once a 275GTB turning up on the saturday morning towing a 512BB converted for racing on a trailer. I wish I had a picture of that. I'll dig some out this weekend and try and scan them...all pre digital unfortunately.

3. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    WOW, what a great thread. Keep posting these pics. Those are all the REAL cars. I love em!

V.

4. R33

R33 Formula Junior

May 7, 2005
    Kent,UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Creed
    All the photos you see above are scans Simon. Time consuming but worth the time.
    I too remember days like yours. Full paddocks, with so many varieties. Prototype cars like the AC Frua, and lotus elevens, racing against lightweight "E" types and such the like.
    Happy days!!

5. jpsantiago

jpsantiago Karting

Mar 27, 2005
    Amadora, Portugal
    Full Name:
    João Ribeiro
    I really think this was a great ideia you had. keep on posting your nice pics. thaks for sharing your collection with us!

6. Lemke

Lemke F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2004
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Great shots of the 288 GTO. What is going on in the last photo? And last but not least is that a P3 or a P4 (the eighth picture from the top if I counted right)? I can never tell the difference. Thanks for the photos!

7. R33

R33 Formula Junior

May 7, 2005
    Kent,UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Creed
    I Believe the 330 is a P3...possibly s/n 0846 driven by Surtees and Parkes

The 288 GTO certainly is one of my favourites

The last shot was taken at Brands Hatch circuit just up the road from me.
    It was a Ferrari/Maserati challenge day, and that part of the track is a rather dodgy corner called "Druids". It can be a tricky corner if taken wrong, as the 308 displays getting a bit exuberrant with a TestaR.
    If you have a look at the earlier set of shots, you'll see the green rebodied LWB Lusso, just after the same bend. Was a cracking day and some fantastic machinery there. nearly 20 years ago now i would imagine. Shame i can only scan my photos. One day, i'll get the good shots redone digitally from negs.

8. nunojcmaia

nunojcmaia Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2004
    porto - portugal
    Full Name:
    nuno maia
    Very nice pics. Please keep on posting...everyday if you can...

9. Martin D

Martin D F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin Dietz
    When and where was the picture taken?

I think the car could be P3/412P s/n 0844 if the pic was taken in the last 5 years (the car was converted from CanAm body back to a coupe in 2000 or 1999).

I don't think it's P3/4 0846 becaus it has a "safety cage" (tube inside) and 0846 doesn't have one (at least I can't see one in my pics).
    All original P4s are Spiders and 0858 is a CanAm.
    So the 412Ps are remaining. 0854 is a spider and 0850 is yellow and has also no "safety cage" as far as Iknow

Very nice pics! thanks for posting and please keep them coming

Martin

10. Dopplemax

Dopplemax Formula 3

Go to www.exhaust.tv if you want to see alot more of the purple lambo.

DMAX

11. f48koenig

f48koenig Karting

May 27, 2004
    Lyon france
    Full Name:
    Jean bosco
    many, many thanks for this pics....surtout for the Koenig BB and 308...

12. R33

R33 Formula Junior

May 7, 2005
    Kent,UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Creed
    Thankyou,
    I have some more photos of them if you would like to see them.

Paul.

13. Lars Theunissen

Lars Theunissen F1 Veteran

Mar 2, 2005
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Lars Theunissen
    Great pics, very nice to see them. Please keep them coming!

You might be interested to know that the green Lusso mentioned above (s/n 5521 GT) was later repainted red and was eventually sold to the USA. In 2003 (my last record of it), it was located in California.

Ciao,
    Lars

14. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Great thread. Keep up the good work :D

15. kerbie

kerbie Formula Junior

Jul 2, 2004
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Full Name:
    Kevin Carbotte
    I'm speachless.
    Its amazing that you've had the chance to see so many of these cars. I can't even fathom that. I have seen maybe 10 ferraris in my lifetime and 3 lamborghinis. I'm so impressed.

16. R33

R33 Formula Junior

May 7, 2005
    Kent,UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Creed
    Hi Kerbie,
    Yes i've seen a lot of nice cars in my time. Have driven some of them too, as the owners were kind enough to let me have a go, even if it was just tootling around a carpark .....lol
    I was just leaving School when you were born..God thats frightening:)
    When i was at Uni in London, i used to bunk off all the lectures i excelled in and strolled around London visiting all the car show rooms. I was such a regular at HR Owens in South Kensington that the foreman (a old guy called Stan) used to let me change the wheels and help out on the cars.
    Sometimes i used to find myself just standing there in Queens Gate Mews, just stareing at some of the old classic Ferraris they often parked outside in the good weather...many memories.
    I was lucky enough when i was a young teenager to have a friend with a car, so we both used to visit all the car meets and events. I've met some fantastic people and seen some cars that will probably never be seen again. I've had dinner with F1 drivers, and had the pleasure of being taken on track by such influential people like John Starkey etc, and loved every minute of it.
    I'm nowhere near as fortunate as many people on this forum, and i admire so many of them.....Napolis,Boudewijn,etc etc..but i'm happy with my lot and pleased that people are enjoying my past.
    Its just a case of getting out there and going to events and meeting people.
    I've always had the greatest respect for my elders, and i think that is why i was so fortunate to get to see so much when i was younger. You'll get your turn dont worry. If the passion is there, so are the opportunities

17. BigAl

BigAl F1 Veteran

Mar 17, 2002
    TX
    Full Name:
    GSgt Hartman
    the Muira (IMHO) is just about the most beautiful car ever designed.

18. v15ben

v15ben Formula 3

Aug 12, 2004
    Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Sounds like you have been very lucky and I have to admit to doing exactly the same thing as you by leaving lectures behind to go for a day car hunting in London (however I go to uni in Nottingham so its a bit more of a trek!!)

The pics of Jay Kay's Miura are stunning, I saw the car in the same place as you photographed it along with the first Koenigsegg in the UK at that time. I hope to go back to the place when I return to the UK and see the incredible cars they have in there all the time!

Great pics, keep them coming :D

19. R33

R33 Formula Junior

May 7, 2005
    Kent,UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Creed
    Thanks Ben,
    Yes the Muira of JK was certainly a work of art. Absolutely pristine condition. The paintwork was amazing. That was an open day that our car club was invited to for the day. Was hoping for a test drive of the Koenigsegg, but that didnt materialise unfortunately. Good day though.

20. senna21

senna21 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles W
    LOVE the Pantera pics!

What's the story on the white Comp Mangusta? I've never seen one in competition bodywork before.

You might want to email those Pantera and Mangusta pics to http://www.poca.com/home.htm . I'd bet they'd love to have them.

Also big thumbs up on the Lancias! Stratos is one of my faves!

21. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    I never thought I would say this about a baby blue car, but that Muira looks incredible in that color. :eek:

Thanks again for continuing to share these treasures. :cool:

>8^)
    ER

22. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    Wow! Amazing cars and great shots.

23. Lemke

Lemke F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2004
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Holy Cow!!
    What is it about the 250 GTO and the air ducts in the front. For whatever reason the car looks better with them open then with them closed.
    What is the name of the car in the fourth picture from the top? The silver one. I've never seen it before.
    Anyways, thanks for another great set of photos.