My first 488 service experience | Page 2 | FerrariChat

My first 488 service experience

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by BlueCorsa, Nov 18, 2018.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona

Don’t sweat it. No one will care. Likely you will trade the car in to a dealer who won’t care about those reports. Enjoy the car!

Ernest Kontor likes this.
  2. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    Sorry the op had to experience this. I had similar experiences as well with porsche and ferrari. I was simply asking if there was discount on the extended warranty on the 458, and I was made to feel like I didn't belong. I was lucky to be in an area where I had 3 different dealers within 100 miles.

Don't even get me started with the Porsche. I remember I was reading carefully about the docs that I was signing, and the financial manager was mocking me about how "careful" I was, and said " this must be your first Porsche." I then gave him a blank look and said this was my 6th...

3. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Reminds me of a Seinfeld episode.

RWP137 likes this.
  4. JimPVB

JimPVB Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    Florida
    I was contacted here in the US about 2 months after my purchase, they thanked me and asked a few satisfaction related questions. Short call, about 5 min.

I use Ferrari of Central Florida. Great bunch of guys, very responsive, friendly, professional, and helpful.

Jim

5. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    The Triarsi Family owns Ferrari of Central Florida and Ferrari of Tampa.
    Onofrio Sr, his beautiful Wife Dagmar, their son Onofrio Jr., and their daughter Giuseppina are all super nice, warm and friendly. They get us together frequently for dinners, holiday parties, brunches at the dealership, C&C, attend our car show, Onofrio Sr's birthday dinner, road trips together, and frequent phonecalls just to say "hi."
    Not all Ferrari dealerships in the US are the same.
    My Ferrari buying now is limited by garage space, and the deep affection I have for my current stable; not my exemplary experience with Ferrari in general and the Triarsi family specifically. I'd buy more...just need a bigger garage! :)

6. J. Salmon

J. Salmon F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 27, 2005
    VA
    Still get a call from Mazda shortly after the wife's CX-5 is in. It's a 2016, cost about half the typical option's list on a 488, out the door. Paid below invoice with the racer program (race a Mazda, get employee pricing). Dealership has always treated us great.
    Just sayin'.

k wright likes this.
  7. au-yt

au-yt F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 13, 2006
    Burradoo... Actually
    Full Name:
    Graeme
    I know from experience they won’t share that info with future customers, As I tried to get service info on a 456 and they said that information is confidential.... but more than likely the dealer will use that info to knock down the trade in price.

8. z8virginia

z8virginia Rookie

May 10, 2006
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Carter
    I think a prospective purchaser is more likely to learn about this "non" issue from this thread than from dealer service records. This is where a lot of us do our research.

How low does the pressure have to go before the TPMS stops working and doesn't sound the alarm?

9. elt360

elt360 Karting

Mar 27, 2013
    uk
    Full Name:
    paul elton
    Hi regarding the brake fluid issue. I have SRF in my 458,i have booked my car in for a service in march next year. I told them that i was running with SRF in the brake lines and that is what i want put back in at the service which i would supply (2ltrs).They said that there was no problem with that but i would have to sign a disclaimer.i said i would have no problem with that as i believe that SRF is far superior to the Petronas fluid that dealers in the UK use.

of2worlds likes this.
  10. 88Testarossa

88Testarossa Formula 3

Sep 25, 2012
    Annapolis and Daytona Beach
    Full Name:
    Al
    I currently own a Testarossa (20+ years) and a 430 Spider and have owned four Ferraris over the past 30+ years.

After dealing with Ferrari dealers and testing the waters with Ferrari v McLaren dealers for a TR plus cash trade, I can tell you that my next car will be a McLaren.

McLaren of Philadelphia treated me with respect and is willing earn my business when the numbers match my desired car. Not so much with the Ferrari dealers I contacted.

SeaNile and Melvok like this.
  11. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    It must be sheer arrogance of these dealers …. tell them how you feel about them and tell them why you go to another F dealer …

It is the only way that they will learn to be polite ….

12. Enzo's Long Lost Son

Mar 12, 2013
    OP, they may not be able to delete what was put in the service report. But, they sure as hell could add a paragraph explaining what really happened and that the previous explanation was incorrect. I would push for this resolution. Because what they did was BS. If they say no, I’d pay an attourney to start making some calls. I’m sure that’s all it would take to get some action.

13. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
    Buy and older Ferrari.......... :)

tifoso2728 and Capri335 like this.
  14. vracer

vracer Formula 3

Jun 23, 2014
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Richard
    It ain't just high end cars. This reminds me of my single days way-back-when in San Francisco. The sales 'girls' from I. Magnin and Sax 5th had their noses permanently 1/4 inch higher than 'normal' people. I met a fair number of flight attendants too. You could always tell Pan Am 'stews' from those with other airlines. If I remember correctly, they all had to be college graduates, but their resumes did not have to include brain surgery or rocket science. That attitude permeated the entire airline, and is probably one of the reasons Pan Am was one of the first to fail.

15. Robmypro

Robmypro Rookie

Aug 3, 2016
    My local Porsche dealer is great. I do almost all my own maintenance and they even note that i did the balance of the service. Good people.

16. Michaelw488

Michaelw488 Karting

Mar 20, 2018
    Full Name:
    Michael W
    If that was done to me,I would do everything possible to make service writer add a retraction paragraph stating whatever necessary to relieve prospective buyer from believeing the car has been driven hard.it is not service writers place to determine that!

17. Motob

Motob Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 11, 2003
    Frederick, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Brian Brown
    It's a Ferrari. The whole purpose of the car is to drive it fast and grind the tires off of it. If you are worried about decreased value due a comment regarding worn tires then I feel sorry for you. You don't get why Enzo made the brand in the first place. You are supposed to drive it hard.
    There is a difference between using the car and abusing the car. The tires wear out when you are using the car in the manner in which it was designed to be used.

18. Michaelw488

Michaelw488 Karting

Mar 20, 2018
    Full Name:
    Michael W
    Read what service writer wrote!first of all how does he know how the car is being driven,& it’s not his or her place to write that in service records!