F8 - My First Day with My F8 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

F8 My First Day with My F8

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by F458Italia, Apr 30, 2020.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I shuddered to think what the Italians in Maranello thought of my botched Italian. Would they judge me poorly? To my delight, they were all friendly and quite patient and understanding.

2. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    You ain't loosed nobody yet. We all a tight-knit group here on Ferrarichat :)

Anyway, don't let all the native English speakers around here get you down. Thanks for the write up on the F8!

Ray

3. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    It doesn't matter. Congratulations on your new car, I hope you enjoy the heck out of it.

4. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Indeed!!! Drive in good health gentleman for we are all blessed beyond measure.

jnunberg, LARRYH and Gh21631 like this.
  5. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Absolutely - if that's what I think he's saying it's exactly as I found it! There's nothing to be ashamed of for liking an F8 over a Pista, but there's no denying the fact it's very cushy and smooth for an exotic, because it really is.

The sophisticated feel is very sports luxury, but wrapped up in an exotic exterior rather than a regular 4 door luxury car which you would expect to find that characteristic in. I also can't see the problem if one prefers it over the feel found in most exotics. I've said before the Pista is as daily driveable as a 488 gtb in every way and it's really only the sound deadening and lack of glove-box which has been compromised. I also find Pista has a more sophisticated ride to the GTB even though Pista rides flatter through the corners and is more connected through the steering. F8 is indeed Ferrari's Bentley cloaked in a exotic exterior. No question.

spyderman likes this.
  6. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    i don't mind getting a more cush sports car as I am getting older as long as it can be raw whenever I want it to be.

seareveler and LARRYH like this.
  7. Rory breaker

Rory breaker Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2017
    Drove one today. Wow. Crazy fast. Comfortable and refined like a daily driver. 458 people probably won’t appreciate it if you’re looking for a “better” 458. After the 488 and F8 now, it’s just a different type of experience now, Ferrari making a different kind of car. Not better or worse. But wow, when you hit full boost, zoom zoom! Enjoy!!

seareveler, up4speed and Jo Sta7 like this.
  8. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    it’s ok to accept it may be objectively better, but that 458 sound when you’re on it is goosebump inducing.

9. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I agree. When I test drove it, I was blown away by the look, the quality feel and the speed. But as you said, I had no desire to "upgrade" from my 458 (mainly due to liveliness and sound).
    However, the F8 is truly an amazing car, and may be my next Ferrari.
    @F458Italia, Drive it in good health, its gorgeous!

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  10. RaceMX-M3

RaceMX-M3 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2010
    Frisco, TX
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Congratulations to you, thanks for sharing your experience. Beautiful car.

11. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Amazing garage ...which one gives you most 'excitement' ?

12. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Funny thing is Mike is native USA, I think from NY or NJ originally. :)
    Nice cars Mike! You really love the color white. :D
    I can’t believe you are letting your gorgeous Speciale go....

paulchua, Gh21631 and Jo Sta7 like this.
  13. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The incessant comparison of the F8 with the Bentley is not only a massive exaggeration, it is wearing thin and results in a dimunition of your credibility. Your previous rave assessments of your 488 included not a morsel of criticism of it being excessively comfortable and refined. Yet the F8 , which is its superior on every objective and subjective metric, is described ad nauseum akin to a Bentley.

stavura, Texas2step, jim g and 2 others like this.
  14. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Funny that you made the assumption that Mike, due to his Italian name, was not an American but rather an Italian immigrant.

15. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    He cant be american born and raised with that english unless he's a inbred hillbilly :D (that he's definetly not!)

16. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    According to italiafan, he was born in NJ or NY.

17. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    It wasn’t due to his name it was due to his sentence structure lol. I thought the same thing if I’m honest. No big deal it’s all in fun.

Napoli likes this.
  18. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Rob , I think he’s making room for the SF 90. If I was a gambling man I’d guess it’s gonna be white too.

19. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
  20. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    This was me.

AlfistaPortoghese likes this.
  21. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #46 paulchua, May 2, 2020
    Last edited: May 2, 2020
    Where did I say Mike is Italian? I mentioned Maranello, maybe I should have said Modena.

Can you guess why I mention these two cities?

@Coincid seems like you are picking up @noone1 's mantle now that he's gone.

Your post is something very reminiscent of something he would say.

ScottS, IloveGT and Napoli like this.
  22. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada

Your comment seemed connected to the op posts which was replete with confusing language, rambling sentence structure, limited vocabulary and incorrect syntax and the logical inference drawn is that you were making allowance of the fact that English was his second language. Otherwise, your remark about your concern how the locals would react to your limited grasp of Italian when visiting Maranello would seem out of left field.

Your unwarranted dispersion towards me with the comparison to @noone1 is uncalled for.

Gh21631 and OSUferrari like this.
  23. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #48 Shadowfax, May 2, 2020
    Last edited: May 2, 2020
    What is wrong with a Bentley S? You behave as if it's not up to scratch as a comparable for a Ferrari. The S happens to be a very nice car. I found drive of the pair quite similar other than the shape of the body and the different interiors. Even the sound being very similar. No shame in having these similarities imo. I'd also be happy be an F8 and found it a great car but it is very soft for an exotic, again nothing wrong with that, if that's what you prefer in a car. Clearly the Ferrari accelerates faster but again you only find that out when you really drop the hammer as otherwise it seems happier to trundle around at very low rpms. Very smooth as OP reports.....nothing to get upset about.

PS Didn't find anything at all wrong with OP just because english may be his second language. I was able to break down certain elements of his post and got a basic understanding of what he means.

24. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    This poster also assumes the op is not a native English speaker. And Paul Chua liked the post.

25. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Nothing wrong with a Bentley S. But it’s driving dynamics are not similar to an F8 on any subjective or objective metric. Clearly you insist on repeating that absurd claim, which is your prerogative.

Lukeylikey, stavura, jim g and 2 others like this.