458 - My First Ever Ferrari - Rosso Scuderia over Nero | Page 3 | FerrariChat

458 My First Ever Ferrari - Rosso Scuderia over Nero

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by axlesofevil, Jan 18, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. axlesofevil

axlesofevil Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 14, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Car's at TAG as we speak. Told them to give me a modest lowering -- around 20mm. Looking forward to feeling how it rides and seeing how it looks. I took a lot of "before" photos and will take a lot of "after" photos.

2. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Looking forward to it, probably more than you are. When will it be ready? Please share pictures!

Sent from my BLA-A09 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. axlesofevil

axlesofevil Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 14, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Should be ready this afternoon. I'll try to post before/after pictures this evening.

4. axlesofevil

axlesofevil Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 14, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Alright so I got the car back from @TAGMotorsports after it was too dark to take pictures, but here's a sneak peak of the before and after.

It's about a 3/4" (20mm) drop. It's hard to get the exact same angle as the picture I took weeks ago. But definitely noticeable and definitely looks better. I have to drop the car off at the dealer tomorrow to get some work done but will post pics when I get it back.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

GT2goneF and rob5819 like this.
  5. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    If you are headed to San Diego Ferrari say hi to Nick for me. My TPMS system just failed in my 2014 Spider so I am headed there in the next few weeks. There's been a change in ownership so I'm hoping no changes in the sales and service organization.

Rob

GT2goneF likes this.
  6. axlesofevil

axlesofevil Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 14, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Will do! I worked with him to fix my passenger seat belt (when I took delivery it was frayed >_<). I asked him to get me a quote for retrofitting a backup camera (bumper replacement and all) and he eventually said they don't even make the parts anymore to do that. Probably would have been more than it was worth.

7. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    FRM is same new owner. All staff has stayed. Supposedly, new owner said he would keep staff.

8. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Definitely noticeable. Can't wait to see rear stance. How's the ride?

9. axlesofevil

axlesofevil Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 14, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Ride was... fine? Haha definitely wasn't any harsher, which is good. Maybe very slightly more compliant? Hard to get a sense of performance tooling around on the freeway and downtown. I felt like I had a little more grip on the one or two turns I took at speed. Though the car also just get new MPS4S tires so that could be it too. :p

GT2goneF likes this.
  10. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    Hopefully we'll meet up for a spirited drive at some point this year. We can compare my stock 2014 458 Spider on MPSS with your new setup. I've had enough problems with driveways in my area, even with the lifter, that I will not lower my 458.

Rob

11. axlesofevil

axlesofevil Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 14, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    I've never once had a problem, even when I forget to put the lifter up ::knocks on wood::

If I had, I wouldn't have lowered it. But for now it seems fine ::knocks on wood again::

Nick told me they're going to be doing rallies sometime soon. I'm a bit incredulous, but looking forward to that.

12. Evotion

Evotion Karting

Feb 5, 2021
    UK
    Full Name:
    Adrian Elford
    I am starting to think the 458 looks better with a black roof - on red and yellow cars anyway.

13. axlesofevil

axlesofevil Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 14, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Funny enough I actually really wanted a car without the black roof. I thought it looked "prettier" (the F355 and 360 I grew up falling in love with had that pretty red Pininfarina shape). All red really showed off the look of the car.

The black roof makes the car look a lot more "aggressive" but it hides the design lines of the roof.

I thought about painting it red, but when I saw that it was a $11,000 option I thought that that would be sacrilege. And the black has really grown on me!

14. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    You should get the door sills wrapped in black to match. My 458 has the sport sills (PEXS) and the roof and pillars are wrapped to match. I think it looks amazing (others are free to disagree):

axlesofevil likes this.
  15. axlesofevil

axlesofevil Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 14, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Yeah I wanted the sill/skirts in black. I didn't think about wrapping it. I'll probably leave well enough alone. I kinda like it the way it is.

Though I do really wish I had the Carbon Fiber rear bumper connecter, though. Kinda like this car. That car is actually a fantastic exterior spec. Sport exhaust, CF bumper connector, grey wheels, and I actually really like the yellow calipers.

16. 458cc

458cc Rookie

Jan 26, 2021
    Full Name:
    Charlie
    Beautiful spec on your 458, welcome to the club!

axlesofevil likes this.
  17. axlesofevil

axlesofevil Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 14, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    I wanted to give a special shout out to Ferrari & Maserati of San Diego and their service advisor Dale (and Nick) especially.

My car developed a rattle from the driver side vent. I brought it in and they started tearing down the interior. It took a couple days for them to track it down, but now the car is completely solid and silent. Total peace of mind.

And the cost for all this? Nothing! "I have a hard time charging people for rattles."

Highly recommend them.

rob5819 likes this.