My First Ferrari 07 F430 Spider #154977 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

My First Ferrari 07 F430 Spider #154977

Discussion in '360/430' started by KBR54, Dec 29, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fredzzz

fredzzz Rookie

Oct 20, 2017
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Congrats! Nice seats!

2. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Dave, congrats on the F430 Spider. I looks like you found a great one. Hopefully you get some warm weather up there soon to get it out and enjoy it.

3. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
  4. cpep

cpep Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2017
    new york
    Full Name:
    CHARLIE
    Nice car. Just bought one myself and like others have said I grin every time I walk through my garage and see it. Best of luck with it.

klointheridge likes this.
  5. KBR54

KBR54 Karting
    Owner

Sep 23, 2017
    Sylvan Lake Alberta Canada
    Full Name:
    David Garratt
    Thanks again everyone for all the supportive comments.
    Here's a update...I purchased the Capristo Headers and Exhaust Bracket from Mike at Yellow Compass, the phone call was worth it. I also ordered all the nuts, bolts and Exhaust studs that don't come with the Headers/Bracket that I also need changed from Ricambi. Now I am just waiting on a quote to install them, do a alignment and a full service.
    Only 97 days to go till I pick up my Ferrari April 15 th.
    FYI all the distributors I talked to said the price of Capristo products are going up very soon for 2018.

cavlino likes this.
  6. Bigfisher89

Bigfisher89 Karting

May 24, 2017
    Great Car! I purchased my first ferrari last March, '08 430 spider, rossa w tan interior. You will love the car. I did the following to the car: scrape pads under front bumper (inexpensive and well worth it as you will scrape bottom occasionally), clear bra over front bumper and wheel wells (rocks love to fly up and hit ferrari's), I also installed a complete fabspeed exhaust system w ECU tune - headers, sport cats, x pipe & tips however I immediately took the x pipe off and put muffler back on as it was just way too loud - can easily swap out yourself in 20 minutes for track days; while a new exhaust is not really necessary (unless you have cracked manifolds) the car now sounds amazing and seems too have more umph and now I don't have to worry about sucking debri into engine should the original manifolds fail. If it needs new tires I would suggest waiting till you are just about to pick it up before replacing as the car will likely sit in one place until you pick it up - don't want any flat spots on expensive new tires. I also had a few of the sticky buttons refinished. My next move this spring will be to replace the crappy stock stereo system - I have the HI Power option but it still sucks especially w the top down. Find a great independent ferrari mechanic in your area - buy him lunch or something occasionally and he will become indispensable - when you need little things done the dealers tend to kill you whereas a good independent shouldn't, IMO most dealers don't care much about anything but taking your money as quickly as possible. Lastly drive the hell out of it!!! These cars are born to be driven not sit in a garage.

7. KBR54

KBR54 Karting
    Owner

Sep 23, 2017
    Full Name:
    David Garratt
    Thanks...nice color combo on yours.
    It came with the scrape pads and clear bra so I’m good there. It’s going in shortly for the Capristo Header and Exhaust Bracket install, an alignment and full service. Tires will be when I pick it up April 15 th...flight is booked to Vegas now just counting down the days.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

8. cpep

cpep Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2017
    new york
    Full Name:
    CHARLIE
    Just be sure they are storing it with the top up.

9. KBR54

KBR54 Karting
    Owner

Sep 23, 2017
    Full Name:
    David Garratt
  10. KBR54

KBR54 Karting
    Owner

Sep 23, 2017
    Full Name:
    David Garratt
    Well only 15 days now until I fly to Las Vegas to pick up my F430. It has been a long 3 months of anticipation!!
    All the servicing was completed at Timo’s Auto Haus in Chicago. Capristo Headers and Brackets installed, new AGM Interstate Battery, Ctek Battery Tender hardwired in, wheels powder coated satin black, new PS4s, alignment to Euro spec and all fluids and filters changed.
    Car is now waiting for shipping to Las Vegas. Once there Eco-Tint will be installing Xpel to replace older clear bra and Clear-Plex on the windshield, then it will be ready to hit the road on a California tour before heading up to Canada.
    I will post pictures of the trip as I go.
    Here are some pictures of the car finished waiting to ship.

Attached Files:

11. cpep

cpep Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2017
    new york
    Full Name:
    CHARLIE
    she looks good.

12. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

U never seen it in person yet? If not might want to have that back window of the convertible top looked at. Might be me but looks a bit blurry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. KBR54

KBR54 Karting
    Owner

Sep 23, 2017
    Full Name:
    David Garratt
    Yes I flew to see it before purchasing. Back window looked ok...hopefully it’s just angle of the pic that makes it look blurry.

14. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Don’t worry!! I am sure its just the angle! U are going to have a blast and ur dream car!! That’s priceless!! Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. KBR54

KBR54 Karting
    Owner

Sep 23, 2017
    Full Name:
    David Garratt
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Leaving Las Vegas I picked up my car on Thursday afternoon after getting the Llumar full front clear bra and Clear-Plex on the windshield installed.
    Friday we drove to San Diego and it was a awesome experience to drive my own Ferrari for the first time I was pleasantly surprised at how comfortable it was for a long drive. The grid lock Interstate slow moving parking lots we ran into did scare the s*#t out of me on clutch wear though...how do you keep your sanity driving through these everyday Also had a very scary moment when with traffic on both sides of me and at 75 mph the car in front of me ran over a piece of 2” square tubing steel on the road and going to fast to stop and no where to go I went thump thump over it too...luckily I must have hit it just right and no tire/rim or body damage.
    Any way 8 hrs later we made it to San Diego in one piece. We will spend the weekend here checking out the attractions then off to LA on Monday for a week. More pics to come as I find some cool places to take some.

Natkingcolebasket69 and NVH like this.
  16. F430-5V

F430-5V Rookie

Mar 17, 2018
    Full Name:
    V
  17. KBR54

KBR54 Karting
    Owner

Sep 23, 2017
    Full Name:
    David Garratt
    Yes I would have loved to have seen yours too and maybe a cruise but I didn’t pick up the car till late Thursday afternoon and we had a show that evening then left early Friday after getting my in laws on a plane back home.
    Might take a cruise around San Diego tonight.
    So far I am surprised at how few Ferrari’s or other exotics I have seen down here. I saw a few in Vegas but most likely rentals, I didn’t see any on the drive down to San Diego...maybe see some tonight

18. KBR54

KBR54 Karting
    Owner

Sep 23, 2017
    Full Name:
    David Garratt
  19. TransaxleAlfa

TransaxleAlfa Rookie

Aug 4, 2016
    Seattle WA USA area
    Full Name:
    Merril Gordon
    These are like dream come true stories. I love reading them.

20. KBR54

KBR54 Karting
    Owner

Sep 23, 2017
    Full Name:
    David Garratt
    NVH likes this.
  21. DaChosen1FoSho

DaChosen1FoSho Karting

Dec 23, 2017
    Damn I wish I would saw this sooner. We could of met up as I’m in San Diego. I’m assuming you left town already?

22. KBR54

KBR54 Karting
    Owner

Sep 23, 2017
    Full Name:
    David Garratt
    I wish you had too...I did not see any Ferrari’s in San Diego over the weekend, all thought we used the transit system a lot to see the attractions and only did the one evening cruise around the Bay Area.
    I am in Anaheim now for a couple of days then the Hollywood Area for 4.

23. NVH

NVH Karting

May 3, 2012
    Cedarville NJ
    Full Name:
    Nowell Herman
    Awesome Story, Congrats!!

24. KBR54

KBR54 Karting
    Owner

Sep 23, 2017
    Full Name:
    David Garratt
    F430 silhouette with Disney Fireworks in background....I will try to find a better spot to get the silhouette and Fireworks in the background without a Motel, tonight is last night here then on to Hollywood area.

25. KBR54

KBR54 Karting
    Owner

Sep 23, 2017
    Full Name:
    David Garratt
    #50 KBR54, Apr 28, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
    Santa Monica
    Long Beach
    Queen Mary Long Beach
    USS Iowa Long Beach
    Hollywood sign in background from Mulholland Drive
    Mulholland Drive over looking LA

So far I have only seen 2 Ferrari’s in 5 days driving all over LA. 1 Red F458 Spider and a 599. Lots of Porches, Audi’s and BMWs.
    But I did see a Orange Bugatti on Mulholland Drive this afternoon which was very cool.