My first Ferrari - 2013 Cali... thanks Fchatters | FerrariChat

My first Ferrari - 2013 Cali... thanks Fchatters

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by MarylandGuy, Sep 7, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MarylandGuy

MarylandGuy Rookie

Jul 9, 2020
    Full Name:
    Paul L
    #1 MarylandGuy, Sep 7, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
    After a few months of researching on this forum and shopping around, we finally found and purchased the perfect first Ferrari for us. Since this is our first, it had to be Corsa, but I fell in love with the Nero with diamond pattern seats over cuoio which we initially were targeting.

We were lucky enough to purchase it from a wonderful family in New England who kept it in their climate controlled warehouse and in near-mint condition. Even with 8.2k miles, we were still blown away by the condition of this one and it was great pulling away in what felt like a new car... not even a touch-up ever on it.

I'm loving the HS package, but still trying to get used to the F1 paddle shifters since this is my first car like this (my daily is a Jeep wrangler).

Anyway, thanks so much to Fchat and all of you on the Cali forum for helping me know what I was getting into and find the one. Looking forward to continuing to plug into the forums here as I figure this thing out.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

Justicepool, GNU, 635CSI and 2 others like this.
  2. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Suh-weeeeeet!!
    Fine looking Cali. I hope it's nothing but miles and smiles for you.

As for getting used to the paddles, depending on what you've driven before, don't be afraid to drive her in auto with all the e-nannies on as you learn how she drive & handles. My Cali was the first front engine car I had ever driven with anything like that HP. My 911 is, of course, rear engine. So, I took it easy for the first several months, and as I familiarized myself with the Cali, pushed it bit more, then added in the paddles, on familiar back roads.

Enjoy your Cali!

T

3. SLViper1

SLViper1 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2014
    Nashville/Destin
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Congratulations! & Welcome
    Enjoy the ride!

4. alex

alex Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Crystal Lake, Illinois
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Welcome to the Cali Club! Enjoy your beautiful "newsed" car!

5. Sammi

Sammi Karting

Aug 8, 2020
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Samantha (Sammi)
    Congrats! She looks great!

6. russellmcg

russellmcg Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 3, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Russell McGuire
    Welcome to the family and enjoy the hell out of her!!!

7. BLAMPEE

BLAMPEE Man Card Status: Never Issued

Love it!!!!

I think red over black is a fantastic combo on these vehicles!!! :)

MarylandGuy likes this.
  8. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    No lie. It may be heresy, but I think it looks better than red over beige. Add in those diamond pattern seats, and you're cooking with gas!
    T

MarylandGuy and BLAMPEE like this.
  9. MarylandGuy

MarylandGuy Rookie

Jul 9, 2020
    Full Name:
    Paul L
    Really appreciate the responses from everyone. Hopefully I don't get shunned for not having the beige interior, but I am really loving the black leather and the diamond pattern seems to fit the less aggressive cali design well.

Its raining today here so a little more time on Fchat instead of behind the wheel of our new baby...

10. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Diamond seats are where it's at! No shunning for those beauties!

I can attest to the fact your Cali won't melt in the rain! Which, being a worry wart, leads me ask, how old are your tires.? I replaced the original tires (Pirelli) almost immediately after buying my Cali with MPSSs. Marked improvement in handling...T

MarylandGuy likes this.
  11. MarylandGuy

MarylandGuy Rookie

Jul 9, 2020
    Full Name:
    Paul L
    Prior owner put new Michelin Pilot 4S all around about 500 miles ago, so I'm good to go on tires for a while.

12. Mirek

Mirek Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 20, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Mirek
    Great buy and love those seats !

13. alex

alex Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Crystal Lake, Illinois
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Many Ferraris have black interiors, most likely for ease of care. We wanted a lighter interior so it would be cooler top-down in your typical midwestern summer heat!

14. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Lucky dog! That baby is plug and play.
    T

15. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    Love it. Such great cars and a perfect dose to start the drug . I grew up in Annapolis and it’s great see a beauty in the state

16. Justicepool

Justicepool Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2019
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John L.
    Congratulations and welcome to the family! I have put over 3k miles on my 2014 California 30 since purchasing it the end of May this year. I am still getting used to the paddle shifters. I came from years of driving manual transmission cars and this is my first paddle shifting sports car. I honestly (still) prefer a manual transmission, but I still love my California 30!

Cheers and enjoy it!

John

MarylandGuy and BLAMPEE like this.
  17. Federal man

Federal man Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2018
    Seattle area
    Full Name:
    Mark Higinbotham
    Congrats and welcome! I have a very similar car but with the traditional red/tan and Daytona seats. I like your diamond quilted seats and think they might be more comfortable. I also like your yellow calipers to coordinate with the center caps and fender shields.

Regarding the shifting, I find I drive differently depending upon if my wife is with me or not. Wife= Auto/Comfort manatino, Alone= Manual Paddle Shift/SPORT setting and 5-7K rpm rifle shots! :)

BLAMPEE, tomc and MarylandGuy like this.