My first Ferrari | FerrariChat

My first Ferrari

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Tdr2j, Dec 13, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tdr2j

Tdr2j Rookie

Jun 19, 2018
    Rock Hill
    Full Name:
    Reuben Johnson
    Hello everyone I’m new to this group just got my first Ferrari a 456 GTA and I got so much to learn. I took delivery of the car the day before Thanksgiving here in Rock Hill SC.and immediately drove it to NJ. my home state boy what a ride. When I returned I took the car to Automotive International which i found out about from this group and it’s only 20 minutes from home to check out so far so good. Looking forward to joining a Ferrari club soon. Let me take the time to mention that I got the car from ***************** in Atlanta and they did right by me and I have no problem recommending them or using them again for future purchases

F456M and Patrik550 like this.
  2. NE550

NE550 Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2017
    Omaha, NE
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Welcome to the club, Reuben! Hope you put many enjoyable miles on your 456.

+1 on Merlin...that's where I bought my 550. Cheers!

Tdr2j and F456M like this.
  3. wbklink

wbklink F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Bill Karp
    Congrats ! Welcome to F-chat ....

Tdr2j likes this.
  4. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Congrats!! Any pictures? The 456 will forever be a good Ferrari and it is so good looking! Much lower in the front than the new modern Ferrari front engined models. I know that after the 575-era was over and the 599 and 612 were introduced, the impact with humans needed to be softer as per the new rules, so these newer cars had to have at least 4 inches of free room over the engine up to the underside of the hood, so that if you hit someone, the hood is build to take up the shock from a head etc. slamming into the hood by flexing down those four inches. The older cars where the hood almost rest on top of the engine is much more sexy looking! How is the automatic? Smooth changes between the gears?

Best of luck!
    Erik :)

5. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Reuben- Welcome. My grandmother lived in Rock Hill. A 456GTA would make her a 97 or 98 with Motronic 5.2, since there were no US spec 96 456s. At least you got OBD II, which is why there were no 96s.

Tdr2j likes this.
  6. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    Welcome and congratulations on your acquisition, which I am sure you will enjoy. :)

Tdr2j likes this.
  7. fished43

fished43 Rookie

Aug 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Reuben, i live in the next town over (Fort Mill) with a 456 GT that i have owned for a while now. We are lucky to have Automotive International so close, but I don't think there is another 456 owner within 100 miles of here, so please PM me and we can start a very exclusive club :)

Tdr2j likes this.
  8. Tdr2j

Tdr2j Rookie

Jun 19, 2018
    Rock Hill
    Full Name:
    Reuben Johnson
    H
    ok soon as I figure out how to PM you on this site I will

9. Konadog06

Konadog06 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 22, 2007
    Daytona Beach, Florida
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Reuben, PM or “private message” is now called “start a conversation”. I’m not exactly positive but as a new member you may need a couple more post (thinking 5 total) before you will be able to do this.
    Once allowed click on the members name highlighted in blue and you should get a drop down with your options.
    Bill
    Florida

Tdr2j likes this.
  10. krazykarguy

krazykarguy Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2014
    Fort Mill, SC
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Congrats on the acquisition of one of my favorites - the 456! Hope to see you and the car at some of the local shows, or maybe even catch it out on the road... if this weather ever gets better...

Tdr2j likes this.
  11. Prit Singh

Prit Singh Karting

May 29, 2017
    London
    Congratulations beautiful choice

Tdr2j likes this.
  12. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Welcome to 456 ownership. This place is a wealth of information and you will find the sticky post on common parts numbers invaluable. Things like the suspension bombs are a common part with a number of other cars from other manufacturers and the pricing is significantly more palatable. You're gonna love this car!!
    Oh, and my sister lives on a mini-farm in York County....her flavor of horsepower comes with four legs. The maintenance is even worse....shoveling, oats every day, shoes, can't believe people do that stuff just for horsepower....lol

Tdr2j and F456M like this.