My First Ferrari | FerrariChat

My First Ferrari

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Chizz, May 14, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
  2. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Tasty color combo! Congrats. Now get off the internet and get driving!
    Enjoy it in the best of health.
    T

Reacherman1022, liquid360 and Chizz like this.
  3. liquid360

liquid360 Karting

Sep 25, 2018
    Beautiful!! Congrats!!! I took delivery of a 488GTB this past Friday. It’s crazy huh? Never thought I’d own a Ferrari and still can’t believe it. You can’t help but think “ahhh... I totally get it now”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reacherman1022, Dolceexte and Chizz like this.
  4. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
    EXACTLY!!!!!!!

Dolceexte and liquid360 like this.
  5. liquid360

liquid360 Karting

Sep 25, 2018
    I open my garage half expecting it to be gone... or men in black showing up and saying “there’s been a mistake at headquarters... you weren’t actually supposed to get one of these so we’re taking it back.”

Reacherman1022, Chizz and Dolceexte like this.
  6. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
    Congrats on the 488. That is an awesome car

liquid360 likes this.
  7. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
    Lol!!!! Same here! I’m out of town for two days and I have called my wife 3 times to make sure it’s still there and I wasn’t dreaming it up

8. liquid360

liquid360 Karting

Sep 25, 2018
    LOL I believe anyone who buys one of these things and doesn’t have this type of reaction... well, I wouldn’t trust that person. There are lots who attempt to be cool about these things, act suave. I’m like a tween at Bieber concert about these things, all exotics! I’m from Birmingham Alabama. I’ve been into exotics since the 80’s looking at DuPont Registry and dreaming. In my entire life of looking for them on the road I have seen three Ferrari’s. Most from Alabama haven’t ever seen one in person. While I hear of 488s or any Ferrari really of being common, it’s just not true. These cars are highly concentrated in major cities, not remotely are they evenly spread out. These are very seriously rare cars to most people. Thus far I feel like a nobody hanging around town with a rock star. “Hey driver, I’m trying to get a photo. Could you get outta my shot!!”

Chizz likes this.
  9. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
    So totally agree!! I have wanted a Ferrari since childhood and watching Magnum PI when I was a teen. It has taken me until 52 to get one but I feel like a kid behind the wheel. Love it. A lot of Lambos , Ferraris, Bentley’s, and even Bugatti’s in Atlanta so I really appreciate the anonymity. But this car still garners a lot of attention. Almost uncomfortably!

liquid360 likes this.
  10. Fireman1291

Fireman1291 Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2017
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Congrats! Very nice spec!

Chizz and liquid360 like this.
  11. liquid360

liquid360 Karting

Sep 25, 2018
    Yeah the entire experience is extremely surreal. I feel like I’m out around town with a rockstar. “Hey buddy, no idea who you are, but could you get outta my shot?” Trying to navigate traffic but people wanna see the car so you end up blocked in. I am not complaining... yet, but have a feeling there’s likely to be days I’m in a hurry or just not feeling social where it could be a pain. For now I feel lucky in the extreme. Wonder how long this lasts? There has to be a point where you begin to take it for granted... maybe not. Just enjoy the ride for now

Chizz likes this.
  12. liquid360

liquid360 Karting

Sep 25, 2018
    My “daily driver” (eventually) is my 09 Cayman. At the moment i pick the Ferrari everyday, but expect this will change. Sometime in the next year I’ll replace it with a new 911 Turbo. Porsche is really the Swiss Army knife of sports cars. They’re incredibly fast, beautifully built, fun to drive, and just under the radar enough to blend in and not attract a crowd. People look and ask, but I’ll never end up with a crowd.

View attachment 2706123

13. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
    Yes I have a 2018 911 turbo. It is a beast. Just not as satisfying as the Ferrari. The new 992 turbo body style will come out in about a year and a half.

liquid360 likes this.
  14. liquid360

liquid360 Karting

Sep 25, 2018
    It’s a lifelong tradition of mine to buy in right when it’s going out. Story of my life, always late to the party.

Chizz likes this.