My girlfriend's new car - Honda S2000 | FerrariChat

My girlfriend's new car - Honda S2000

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by mchas, Aug 22, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
  2. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    Nice looking car.

We need more pics of the girlfriend! :)

3. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    What he said.

4. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    Great pics. As well as being a great looker your girlfriend obviously has excellent taste in cars!

5. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    I think the more important thing is that he has great taste in women.

6. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Thanks for the compliments everyone! I'll send this to her - she'll appreciate it!

As for more pictures - I'll see if we can take some more soon. It wasn't the greatest day for taking them anyhow.

As for her taste in cars - we literally drove I'd say 15-20 different sports cars before she decided on the S2000 (Boxter, Boxter S, M3, 911, RSX-S, Audi A4, Audi TT, Miata, 350Z, Mini Cooper S, WRX, etc.). Her criteria were: manual transmission, fun to drive, coupe, reasonably priced, and "not girly." I think she ended up with a winner!

About my taste in girls - She's everything I could ever want!!

7. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    I'm glad you put that in there I was starting to wonder if I owned a "girlie car"!

8. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    Tell your girlfriend to check out www.s2ki.com if she hasn't already and if you guys have any questions about her S2K let me know I'd be glad to help out!

9. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Thanks for the offer - I appreciate it! She's a member of www.s2ki.com - we actually went to one of their local meets here in SoCal before she got the car to ask a bunch of questions, and we learned a TON. That forum probably saved her $1,000+ just because we were able to get actual selling prices and know what to negotiate for.

NOT a girly car - don't worry! The miata IS - no offense to anyone that owns one, but that's definitely on the girly list :)

10. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Good choice. Lots of fun. Congrats, and more pics of the gf... those are subtle and very sexy pictures!

11. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Thanks!! I like your avatar - very cool shot!

12. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    great pics....i like the car door reflection the best...almost missed it..more pics!!!!

13. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #13 mchas, Aug 22, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    That was a really cool coincidence. I saw her shadow in the door, and as I was moving around to get a better shot, her reflection showed up as well.

I thought this was a pretty cool photo - I don't think she'd mind me posting this one.

Thanks again for the compliments!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. Da Hapa

Da Hapa Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2005
    Dana Point, CA
    Full Name:
    Christian Asis
    Congrat's. We owned two of these little jewels (a 2001 Silverstone on red and a 2002 Spa Yellow Pearl) and they were truly fantastic cars and at least IMO, amazing buys for the money.

I'm glad you've found Ski.com. Make sure you read up over there. That board has a ton of great advice.

Break that car in right and she'll give you miles and miles of smiles.

15. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Car looks great. How does it ride? I heard they were fun to drive, but a little rough and not comfortable on long drives.

16. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Congrats on your girlfriend. Great car.

People who say the miata is a girly car, are the same ones that say the NSX has no soul. They should really drive before judging ;)

Having owned a Turbo Mazdaspeed miata and a Mini Cooper S at the same time, I would say the miata is one of the purest and most fun sports cars out there, that you can beat on day in and day out.

17. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Indeed Ryan. I just drove a friend's Miata this past weekend, and what memories it brought back. Just a rock solid car.

18. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

Heck even the NA's are awesome cars, 15 years later. Anways, don't want to take the thread offtrack..just pointing something out that I didn't agree it.

Glad to see you around Randy, hope all is well.

Oh to the original poster---make sure your gf has comprehensive insurance. S2000 seats are stolen like hotcakes. The top is sliced with a knife, door unlocked, and seats stolen. Very common!!! So be careful out there!

19. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I've had my seats stolen, as well as my wheels. I didn't put my wheel locks back on after returning from the track... and they nabbed em.

The seats - protect them by getting locks, you can search on s2ki for them, or you can take out the bolts (12mm front/14mm back) and get allen or torx bolts for them. While the top might be slashed in the attempted nabbing, you'll still have seats.

20. triXXXter

triXXXter Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    Ft. Worth TX
    Full Name:
    Steven G. Ogden
    And at a couple of grand for the new seats, I suggest it! And great choice for the girlfriend considering her taste! Love the pics too. Nicely done.

Damn I miss my car...

21. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Thanks for the replies. Ryan - while I've never personally driven the Miata, my girlfriend did, about a week before getting the S2000. Her brother raved about the car, so we went to check it out. In her opinion, the NA version didn't have enough "go", and the mazdaspeed version had too much for such a light car, making her feel like she wasn't in control. In my opinion, without driving the car, I still think a slightly used S2000 is a better car than a new Miata, for the same price. Even the Miata's top felt like inexpensive vinyl that would wear easily. Having said that, I know many people that buy used Miatas (like you said - 15 years later) and have a blast for very little money, so maybe that's the ideal situation!

GREAT advice on Comprehensive - I wouldn't have known that. I do believe she has it, but I'll definitely have her double check. I know she has wheel locks (also great advice) because we made sure before purchasing the car that they were on there.

Finally - thanks for all of the compliments. She (and I) couldn't be happier. :)

22. CMY

CMY F1 World Champ

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I'll tell my g/f to keep any eye out for her.. if they meet at a stoplight, the loser has to make out with the winner! :)

Just kidding, of course.. where'd you take the pics? I'm always looking for new scenic locations in the area.

-Chris

23. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Nice - except everyone would be a winner in that case! :) What kind of car does your girlfriend drive?

The pictures were taken in Palos Verdes. I have NO clue what the street names are, but I could tell you how to get there. There's a shopping center with a big Neptune statue. If the statue is on your left, make a right at the stop sign. Follow the bend until you get to another stop sign (school on your right). Make a right, and then an immediate left. You'll see the ocean on your right and beautiful homes on the left. Go straight a couple hundred yards and you'll be there :) (I hope that made some sense).

24. CMY

CMY F1 World Champ

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #24 CMY, Aug 24, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I know exactly where that is, ironically.. I've been there a couple of times before but didn't go up that far.

My girlfriend has a grey 2-door '04 Olds Alero; 200hp but well over 3500lbs.. yes, we'd all be winners in my proposed senario. :) Here's some of my older pics, might take more this weekend.

-Chris

25. scott61

scott61 F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    North of Boston
    Good choice, seems your GF has a good head on her shoulders and what's under it aint bad either. I had a 2001 S2000 but felt the Honda name wasn't good enough so bought a Boxster S, Did not find that car to exciting so traded for an M3 which was even more boring. Then saw the Maserati Spyder and figured V8 Italian has to the car that will excite me, Was a fun car but getting about 8 MPG with expensive servicing on the horizon along with their cloudy future had me getting rid of that car after a year. So after losing about $65,000 in 4 years I am about to come full circle and buy a new S2000, The most fun, go-kart like car I have ever driven