My girlfriend's new car - Honda S2000 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

My girlfriend's new car - Honda S2000

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by mchas, Aug 22, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. frank4cars

frank4cars F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Frank F.
    Congrats to her on the new car. Hope to see it in action at CC some day. And kudos to you on the great pics.

2. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Chris - those are great pictures! Getting night shots is tough without using a tripod, etc. I feel very fortunate to live within walking distance of the beach - this city is awesome.

Scott - it's great hearing you say that. We drove all of those cars (except the maserati) and in the end she went with the S2000. I'm sure you'll be glad to be back in one!

Frank - you'll certainly see it at CC sometime soon. Get 3 Enzos out there again, and you bet you better believe we'll be there! Only kidding... 2 will do :)

3. waltk88

waltk88 Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Walt K
    Great choice. I'm on my second S2000. I thoroughly enjoyed a 2001 Spa Yellow for three years (including plenty of track miles), and traded it for a 2005 Silverstone that looks just like your GF's car.

4. minami

minami Rookie

Apr 25, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Kristi
    For those of you who've offered your advice and your compliments, thanks so much! I'm "the girlfriend". Just so you know, I've gotten on a group buy list for seat locks with Kodokan, and I intend to heed everyone's great tips.

Hopefully we'll keep it looking good and in one piece for a long while.

Will we see you locals down at Crystal Cove this weekend?

5. SilverF20C

SilverF20C Formula 3

Jun 22, 2004
    Congrats again.

There's apparently an S2000 caravan to CC and also a breakfast.
    http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=314127

I unfortunately can't make it but PM Sideways on there. He's on this board too.

Cheers

6. OC Speed Junkie

OC Speed Junkie Formula 3

Aug 6, 2005
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Great cars. My ex had one. I used to drive it often. Might actually look into a used one in a while as a daily driver.
    Good Luck and enjoy.

7. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Just to clarify, we got it used. It's a 2004, and it only had ~2,800 miles on it. Much better deal than buying it brand new.

8. minami

minami Rookie

Apr 25, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Kristi
    Thanks for the referral--Mchas and I are in. Right, Mchas?? ;)

9. senna21

senna21 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles W
    I've been thinking hard about test driving one of these things now that they're dropping below the $20K mark.

Congrats, great looking car.

10. minami

minami Rookie

Apr 25, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Kristi
    You probably already know all about 'em, but since I was shopping around for just the right one for several months, I thought I'd share what I learned.

If you care about glass-back convertible tops rather than plastic, they started using glass in MY 2002.

2003 and older have more high-strung engines and less interior space.

Since you're planning on using the s2000 as a daily driver, I'd recommend 2004 or newer. Honda dropped in a slightly more "relaxed" feeling engine in this Model Year, and they also shaved about another inch of material out of the interior door panels to give the driver and passenger a tad bit more room.

I commute 40 mi. each way to work, and these little changes have kept me very happy. :D

11. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Sure - now I can sleep while YOU drive there at 6am! :)

12. NY550

NY550 Formula Junior

Aug 8, 2005
    Long Island
    yeah we need more pic...lol

...the color is nice too

13. SilverF20C

SilverF20C Formula 3

Jun 22, 2004
    Just make sure you don't try to race Sideways. :D He's got a few extra goodies on it.