My GTO: first impressions | Page 2 | FerrariChat

My GTO: first impressions

Discussion in '612/599' started by M-individual, Jun 23, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. johns930

johns930 Formula 3

May 9, 2005
    if its not too late....... i need to double the deposit and bring it in, IF it handles better than the scud and 458 like u said!

2. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
    Thanks to all for the nice comments. Great to see that you all appreciate the feedback on what is ... a stunning machine. :)

Cheers,

M

3. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
    Thanks. I'm waiting for NNO to contact me so we can put our heads together ... Hope it is going to be a best seller. Need the $$ to fund the F-toys ;)

NNO ... where are you?

4. Cyprus16M

Cyprus16M Karting

Sep 11, 2009
    North Cyprus
    Full Name:
    Bora
    Great article mate. Enjoy it:D

5. commendatore

commendatore Karting

Mar 27, 2004
    Belgium
    i was in spa on tuesday and i saw your gto
    You car is amazing and the sound fabulous

6. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
    No fading whatsoever and no reduction in breaking power either. Only mistake I may have made is driving stints too long without proper cool down. Normally at Spa one does 3 laps and half of the 3rd lap at slower pace and light on the brakes to allow proper cool down.

The GTO feels so natural that I got carried away in the morning sessions and did stints of 7 or 8 laps before cool down. Disks are fine, no doubt but the pads are worn. I noticed the same on the second GTO present at Spa. The brakes are so powerful that you can brake very late. This is so addictive on a track like Spa and it is a track known to be hard on the brakes. Several braking zones are down hill as well.

7. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS

8. commendatore

commendatore Karting

Mar 27, 2004
    Belgium
    i where with my father and his 16M

9. enzo360

enzo360 F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Aug 1, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Jurgen Durand
    the rosso Fuoco one?

Best
    Jurgen

10. fonzie

fonzie Karting

Feb 4, 2010
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Andrea
    What a great report...you could have a carrier in journalism!!
    Really, thanks a lot for this...I was on the way to send you a message asking for your first impressions!
    At this point I really cannot wait for mine to arrive...I will pick up the phone in a second and start complaining with Ferrari for delivery time!! ;-)))

11. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
    Good luck ;) I hope it will have some effect but you know they are pretty "immune" for this kind of pressure.

12. cmack

cmack Karting

Jan 8, 2009
    Germany

I hope it does nor read that as I saw a GTO in Munich last week with exactly that number on the plate. Should there be several number ones it would allow the question how many 599 Ferrari will build?

13. commendatore

commendatore Karting

Mar 27, 2004
    Belgium
    No, rosso corsa with italian stripe and cuoio leather ;)

14. Bronzage

Bronzage Formula 3

Sep 18, 2007
    West Africa
    Full Name:
    MJ
    It reads the same on every GTO. It says "1 of 599" not "No. 1 of 599"

15. Jorrik

Jorrik Karting

Sep 16, 2007
    Holland
    Full Name:
    Jorrik
    Congrats M! As you know I have seen your stunning GTO at Spa last Tuesday :)
    It is absolutely a very fine and good looking car! And the sound is is just incredible loud!

Gr. Jorrik

16. cridom60

cridom60 Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2007
    France
    Full Name:
    dominique
    Congratulation for this new toy, it seems that you will really enjoy it!

By the way, a funny question: imaging that you are going to order a new one, what would you change from your initial specifications? colors? options? what else?

17. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
    Nothing. Perfectly happy with the outcome. I have it just the way I wanted it :)

18. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    Thank you for this thread. My heart started beating faster just thinking about how much fun you can have in these cars. You are blessed, take care.

19. Hawkeye

Hawkeye F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2009
    Congratulations on your GTO arrival, well done! And thanks for the write-up on your initial impressions. Sometimes, for me at least, it takes a week and many miles to piece together the subtle and not so subtle differences among new model cars. I enjoyed the read. Love the personalization as well, nice touch :)

20. GrayTA

GrayTA F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2006
    Deep South
    Full Name:
    PDG
    Thanks for the write-up. Its nice to get this from an actual owner and not some magazine. I appreciate the time you took to do this as well.

I hate that I have missed Spa this year. I went for several years there and met some wonderful people and had a fantastic time. I hope someone has posted some photos somewhere....

PDG

21. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
    Thanks ;)

22. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
  23. Ferrarista3

Ferrarista3 F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2007
    MC/UK
    Full Name:
    Carlo
    #48 Ferrarista3, Jun 25, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2010
    Thanks for the fantastic video! You must have had a ton of fun that day :)

Here's another good video from that same day which showed-up the sidebar--> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31C2i_nwSKs

I also found a couple of pics on flickr that you might enjoy:

--> http://www.flickr.com/photos/tguillaume/4724168575/sizes/l/
    --> http://www.flickr.com/photos/tguillaume/4724167531/sizes/l/

24. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
    Great find Carlo. Those pics look awesome ;)

Thanks for the links. Truly appreciated. We did have a lot of fun. The weather was perfect, plenty of nice Ferrari's present and great people. What else could we have wished for?

PS: how did your helmet search work out? You need to come to Spa one day with your beautiful 599 :)

25. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    I was doing so well. I quit smoking almost two weeks ago, but after reading that...

Holy crap, M! It seems like you just got your HGTE! And now you have your GTO and you've already put 1,200 KM on it?!? It's nice to know that people aren't seeing it on a lawn somewhere, but rather catching a brief glimpse of its blurry capabilities doing what Ferrari has always done best. I was a bit skeptical of Ferrari's use of the GTO legend with this final iteration of the 599. But after reading your review, it sounds like Ferrari once again sets the bar even higher than imagined.

Is that 174283 or 174293? Congratulations. Are you the first person to take delivery of a GTO? How in the hell do you choose between the GTO and the HGTE? Thanks for the write up. It seemed lengthy when I opened the thread, but now I wish it was longer. :)