My GTO: first impressions | Page 6 | FerrariChat

My GTO: first impressions

Discussion in '612/599' started by M-individual, Jun 23, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
    Merci Christian. Thank God for the "Coyote" ;)

2. Maximus

Maximus Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2009
    Assen, NL
    Full Name:
    Jurgen
    I'm guessing he share the weather in the same part of Europe. Think there is about 500km's between our places. Winters can indeed be harsh, yet therefor there are other cars :)

3. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
    I'm not even thinking of the winter. A light drizzle is enough to switch the setting to "'slippery". ;)

4. Christian.Fr

Christian.Fr Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
    #129 Christian.Fr, Jul 9, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2010
    Our Coyote name here is "Stinger"
    my first GTO apparence is for next week end...really impatient to see it in person.

Great avatar, the pictue is awesome who make it? The HR available?

5. SimonSays

SimonSays Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 14, 2005
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Don't you love that? Pops & crackles on the overrun :)

I did the same thing when I went to get my Diablo... It's addictive :D

Who helped you? I know Livio @ Waterloo quite well from his days @ BMW.

No intention whatsoever to hijack you thread, but I did a similar write-up on the first experiences with my car here:

http://www.auto-journals.com/journals/Lamborghini?model=Diablo&journal=158&entry=1857

Enjoy in good health M! Hope to see the GTO some day soon.

6. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    M- Bring it to New Mexico. Gets cold here in the winter but dry as a bone. Lots of roads, not too many cops. Our state is just a little smaller than Germany, with its 82M people, and we have less than 2M. Long straight roads with no cops in sight, mountain roads, whatever you like. Just not too much grass.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

7. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    #132 George330, Jul 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Got this on the mail today...It looks like my car arrived with the black wheels on...It was an early delivery so I thought they might send those later, but it seems we got lucky...

Is this a tease or what? Now I have to wait until the white film gets removed during the PDI on Monday!

What a car...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    George- Way to go. Is that Rosso Corsa or another red? You probably will not sleep this weekend. Maybe you could take a sleeping bag and air mattress to the dealership. That is what I would want to do.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

9. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    It is rosso corsa...It looks a little different as I ordered the roof and all the grilles in black instead of grigio silverstone. The sleeping bag idea is a great one! I dont think I can wait until Monday...

10. Bronzage

Bronzage Formula 3

Sep 18, 2007
    West Africa
    Full Name:
    MJ
    Congrats George, Warning in advance...pictures required on Monday afternoon!!!

11. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
    Sounds like the perfect habitat to play around with the 599 GTO. I'm sure you wouldn't have a problem keeping me company while taking her out on those long straight roads and especially on the twisty mountain roads.

Congratulations George. I remember you were one of the first on Fchat to go for the 599 GTO with all your hart (as was I) ;)

Monday will be a great day for you. Your car (even with the stickers on) looks great. I'm glad to see yours was delivered with the black wheels. Mine wasn't because there seems to be a delay on the black rims. Seems they must be catching up and the black versions are available. I hope to receive mine soon as they give the car such an aggressive look and that is what I wanted to achieve.

I'm really looking forward to seeing more pictures of it and ... of course ... your driving impressions. Give your car its own thread. It deserves it ;)

I'm pretty sure that you won't be disappointed on Monday. Take a deep breath and it will be Monday before you know it.

PS: foresee plenty of time and a full tank when you drive it out of the dealership. The car is pretty addictive and you won't feel like going home for quite some time :)

Cheers,

M

12. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
    Thanks. Courtesy of Julien Mahiels. He posted links to more pics of my car earlier in this thread. He was at Spa for the Ferrari Owner's Days and took several great pictures of my car. Wallpaper quality. The HR are available on the links he posted.

I hope your GTO experience will be great this weekend ;)

13. Christian.Fr

Christian.Fr Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
    #138 Christian.Fr, Jul 10, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2010
    Great it wll be my new screen saver, love the pic!

If Ferrari organised well the things, normaly one unit, if more...God loves me!

ps: Julien makes a good job, just watching is page on flickr

14. ThisFlyGuy

ThisFlyGuy Formula 3

May 7, 2006
    SF Bay area
    Full Name:
    Michael
    congrats on your beautiful car! makes a great pair with your hgte

15. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    George, I had the same idea of a black roof instead of Flat grey. I even asked M-individual if he thought Ferrari could make it. He said that shoudn't be a problem.

I'm really happy somebody decided to do that. I can't wait for pictures of your car. I hope the wait is not too hard.

BTW, Is the front grill painted in black ?

16. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    Yes it is. Ferrari will do it as a special order, same as the roof...No point having a black roof and grey grille...I also asked for Scuderia seats in full leather which is also a special order item, but I haven't seen them yet

17. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    That's crazy. It seems we got the same tastes
    Black roof and grill are two things I would have request if I had to order one. For the seats, I think a Full Alcantara interior on Scuderia seats should be perfect for the GTO' spirit.

I mean Alcantara everywhere, even on the carpeting, like M-individual has on his OTO HGTE.

And GTB carbon interior panels instead of the GTO trim. Haven't seen in real life but according to pictures, I really prefer the GTB CF Trim.

And if the roof is black , why not CF mirrors.

Thanks to you, I know that Black roof and grill are possible. Do you think my other hypotetical requests would be possible ?

18. omd78

omd78 F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2005
    Breda, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Congratulations! Would have loved to be at Spa during the Ferrari Owners Days. What do you think about the continues downshifting M.? If I'm not mistaken the car shifts further down as you hold the shifting paddle?

Another one has arrived! A beautiful car (and a very nice dealership) ;)

Both of you: enjoy these machines in the best of health.

Gr. Martin

19. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    Alcantara everywhere is perfectly possible. I have no idea whether you can get the GTB CF trim though

20. nads

nads Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    London, UK
    You can...its a special order.....I am having all my interior carbon fibre in the polished finish.

21. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    I find it awesome. Can you tell me a little more about the CF finish special order ? Is the same finish used in the GTB interior ?

22. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    The dealer is Maranello Motors in Koln. Very nice people and great professionals...Highly recommended!

23. nads

nads Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    London, UK
    Yes it is..

24. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    You know what ? I find your idea excellent. I had the same idea. Two different people tell me that the CF finish of the GTO was far better in real life than in pictures, But I really don't like that grey finish on the GTO CF interior panels.

Do you think ferrari could change the CF finish of the Body exterior parts aswell ??

That would be the absolute perfection.

Rear diffusor, front Lip, ans side sills in the "polished Finish"

Atelier , Can you do that ?

25. Julien Mahiels

Jun 26, 2010
    Thank you !

I'll post higher resolution since the pictures are not that new anymore.