My horrible experience with EAG (European Auto Group), San Antonio. | Page 11 | FerrariChat

My horrible experience with EAG (European Auto Group), San Antonio.

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Circle K, Dec 1, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I will do that tomorrow sometime...

2. bkthomps

bkthomps Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2012
    USA
    Anyone have a good contact number they can share with me for EAG? My car has been there since August, they have been responsive and had good communication so far but Dave went dark on me about a week ago, and now I cannot reach anyone there- no voicemails are returned. Anyone with alternate contact numbers or methods, please PM me, probably not best to share their info out in posts as a courtesy

3. Merrick Harding

BANNED

Mar 22, 2018
    This is extremely exaggerated, as you can see here there was an email that came in at 9, and we responded at 11. We don't just sit at computers all day waiting for emails to come in, we're a small team and we're all working on alot of things all at the same time. If we miss your phone call, or email, we're sorry, we'll get back to you as soon as we can.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Aren't those from nearly 3-weeks ago when the person said that things went dark about 1-week back? Hope you connect.

5. Merrick Harding

BANNED

Mar 22, 2018
    Look at the dates and times....

Bas likes this.
  6. bkthomps

bkthomps Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2012
    USA
    Merrick- my name is not Peter- hope that helps. My last contact from Dave was Oct 1, just looking for an update

7. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Yes, Sept. 21st, which tomorrow will be 3-weeks ago...

Scott98, bkthomps and willrace like this.
  8. Merrick Harding

BANNED

Mar 22, 2018
    Bas and Tarek307 like this.
  9. bkthomps

bkthomps Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2012
    USA
    Merrick, again, my name is not Peter- Dave just replied to my text and we were able to connect up and discuss the project. For the rest of the audience to this thread, I had no issues in September communicating with EAG and I have been satisfied with the project updates and pictures of the work performed so far. I look forward to completing this conversion and getting the car back on the road and will come back to update on the final results. Cheers

Gh21631 likes this.
  10. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Tough to wait, but congrats on nearing completion!

11. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    We have previously banned EAG employees since they've used FerrariChat for the self promotion of the EAG business entity. Since you're posting private (and apparently incorrect emails) I am banning you as well.

AHudson and MBi like this.
  12. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Could have been an honest mistake. They have multiple people looking for a response so he may have gotten confused. Sounds like they are good now though.

Bas likes this.
  13. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    as long as EAG cant post here any posts made about them should be locked or deleted.

Cotton and Bas like this.
  14. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Just a reminder of objective fact. EAG cleared the exhaust CEL in my Y2K 360 after two other attempts failed. Did that while installing Fabspeed headers (which combined with my valved CS exhaust are unbelievable).

That is all for now.

dhalperin13 likes this.
  15. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    yep and they delivered me a sound, completely working scud.

dhalperin13 and G. Pepper like this.
  16. dhalperin13

dhalperin13 Karting

Mar 26, 2021
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Unless there are objections, I will take delivery of the first EAG Converted Gated Six, Fabio Full System, Tuned by 360Trev Gated Six 575M naturally aspirated V12 ..who can help create.a badge for that?

Il Tifoso, ScottS and brogenville like this.
  17. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    It's OK to post in defense of self or business, even if not a sponsor. But that is only true under the condition that a user account is not otherwise in violation of site rules. Self promotion is one of those violations that can revoke the privilege of defense.

Just as Art lost the privilege of defense for abusing his posting privileges by posting to promote EAG in the past, Merrick Harding has lost the privilege of defense in the same fashion. Partly for the posts made here that released private messages from an unrelated user, but mostly for posts he made that promoted 6-speed conversions or attacked other's 6 speed conversions in the past.

It does not serve the community to shut down criticism of a dealer, service or supplier, simply because the user account they use violates the rules. That creates a method where they can gag all customer complaints against them by simply acting inappropriately and getting themselves banned. It is up to them to act appropriately so they can maintain their privileges in the event that they need to defend themselves.

There are still plenty of users who are are still able to post in defense of EAG, several who have posted on this thread, if they wish to.

18. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Seems worse than fb/twitter banning trump

dhalperin13 and Bas like this.
  19. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    difference is FB banned Trump for no reason within their rules, they left Taliban accounts open. we’re consistent enforcing the rules.

20. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    There was no reason for this afternoon’s ban

21. dhalperin13

dhalperin13 Karting

Mar 26, 2021
    Full Name:
    Dan
    @ylshih Do you offer a path to reconciliation or are these bans lifetimes?

It seems to me that it would be in the best interest of all parties.

22. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    Since the violations relate to self-promotional activities on the board, it is up to them to contact Rob and obtain those privileges or somehow wipe the slate clean of their past violations. If Rob tells us that issue has been resolved to the Admin's satisfaction, then the moderators will moderate according to whatever status is set for them.

rob lay likes this.
  23. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Yin explained it at a 175 IQ level.

24. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed