My horrible experience with EAG (European Auto Group), San Antonio. | Page 7 | FerrariChat

My horrible experience with EAG (European Auto Group), San Antonio.

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Circle K, Dec 1, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    dude what did you go through? you had a rough time shipping a car during covid and you think the clutch isnt yours? what about the conversion? does the conversion balance out the clutch etc?

2. Statler

Statler F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2011
    Crimes of moral turpitude are relevant to anything involving honesty. Has to do with individual clutch case only in terms of credibility.

would you prefer a different thread to discuss which people working on members cars have criminal convictions and which don’t?

And slander is false statements. That’s why I asked for proof. If the guy has a felony conviction it is not slander by definition. If he doesn’t then the poster has an issue.

Cordero likes this.
  3. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    so felon's shouldn't be entitled to earn a living?

Cordero and vraa like this.
  4. Statler

Statler F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2011
    You’re reading into it something never said.

crimes related to fraud, theft, etc. though shouldn’t be hidden should they?

you don’t think such a history deserves an explanation before you trust that person with money?

crimes that relate specifically to your money?

5. Statler

Statler F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2011
    Good topic for the politics section.

vraa likes this.
  6. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    read the OP - it has nothing to do with what you are referring to. Why in the world wld Art send back someone else's clutch and what does that have to do with something that might have happened a decade ago in another industry, another life?

not one person here has been defrauded of a car or any money at all, not one.

this whole felon thing goes back to brandone, who by my due diligence (separate from Art) is a total fraud and felt slighted. BrandonE also apparently cut deals away from Art while using EAG as the sponsor. Again, confirmed this away from Art.

7. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Before buying the scud and sending back to eag and before me publicly defending eag I spent hours talking to alot of people. Fwiw i got very comfortable, so much so i introduced art to miller. I feel pretty good about doing business with eag. I will be spending time with art in the short future and if something feels off when I look him in the eye, i will not be quiet about it.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  8. Circle K

Circle K Karting

Dec 21, 2017
    Full Name:
    KC
    The stress, time and money. Flying out to drive the car for the weekend, turned only 10 min. Not know where my car is! Has nothing to do with covid. Art didn’t even know the name of the company he hired. Who doesn’t get an invoice from a transport company. PD didn’t even know what to look for.
    Am I suppose to be happy with the conversion, I better be because I paid for it.Throughout the whole time, not once did I rush, disrespect, get mad at him
    You didn’t go through what I did so please stop.

9. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Art sets the prices for his parts and for his niche service, which at this stage, he has no competition. He doesn’t have to defraud a customer , who just paid him $30k, over an $600-800 used part. He could easily charge a few thousand more for his service and there would still be a line. The more likely case is there is a mix-up and the two individuals believe what they believe. Best thing to do is exchange money at a fair price over disagreed part. This kinda stuff happens with shops all the time.

To throw the felon word around over a minor disagreement after Art just completed a $30k service for him is a bit much. He could have a history of being a felon, but doesn’t mean he can’t redeem himself. Be cautious, but give the man a fair chance. He’s putting in the work to give the Ferrari community a unique service. I think I could find easier ways to defraud people.

10. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Owning and modifying cars is exhausting. The stress you experienced sucks. Im confident you will resolve your clutch issue and i hope you enjoy the car for many miles and years.

11. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Hopefully we can put the felon thing to rest. Art is not a felon. Pretty sure you cant get one of these if you are convicted of a felony. Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. Statler

Statler F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2011
    Which is all very
    actually you can as the disqualifying crimes are specific, But at this point that issue is likely best served by a different thread as those semantics aren’t going to help here. Clearly you’re friends if you’ve got his ID. Since you’re with him perhaps he can just address the instant issue.

AHudson and GatorFL like this.
  13. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Honestly, art has a wife and a daughter. A few people here clearly had blood on their teeth and felt like trying to destroy him. I did my own work and felt it was the right thing to offer the other side and help defend him. Art will not go hungry because of a few pissed off people on fchat. There are and will be plenty of customers. Given all of the drama rather than encouraging art to become a sponsor I actually think its best to accept the message from the crowd: art isnt and wont be welcome here. I hope everyone who has done a conversion enjoys their rides!

Cordero, ShineKen and Statler like this.
  14. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I have 0 skin In this game. I don’t like the 430, will never have one nor want one... but people TTFORCE is a really nice guy and has lots of integrity. He is always giving advice and tries to help people.
    I honestly wonder why because with his collection of cars I’d not be bothered being online and help out but he is a very generous person with his time, always helpful to members new or old soooo...
    I see the side of EAG having lots of customer relations issues, no doubt there and it does seem Art has not been good at fixing the issues and lots of warnings were given to him before posting about him.
    That being said I think it would be nice if Art offers an answer here and continues his smart work. Independents are quite often like that. He might be overwhelmed etc.
    I say let’s give him a chance;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttforcefed, NY-3PEDAL360 and ShineKen like this.
  15. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Thanks nat. I have learned alot from fchat over the past 20 years and i enjoy giving back when i can. We all share the same passion and there are a ton of great friends ive met through the platform.

pretty sure rob will not unban art and sponsorship is expensive for a community where you arent welcome.

and ps u will come around to the 430. Watch marchettino’s latest video.

16. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    I’ve been in this a long time. More often than not, a good mechanic tends to run a business horribly if he’s trying to do both simultaneously. Probably not intentional, but there’s only so much time in the day. You can choose to pay him $200/hr to lick your balls or $200/hr to actually do your conversion.

I believe Art is taking a step forward having someone run the business side of things which leaves him time to focus on quality wrenching. TTForce volunteering to mediate doesn’t hurt either... or does it :)?

TTForce sees the positive side of people and wants to see them flourish. One could knock him for being vulnerable, but realize he doesn’t have to be doing any of this. His time is valuable too!

17. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Ha - im actually a glass half empty cynical mofo.

i listen to those who know more than me!

vraa likes this.
  18. Natkingcolebasket69

For now I’m enjoying FF and 355 with semi functional top down

19. rennspeed

rennspeed Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 4, 2007
    Full Name:
    Rennspeed
    It's been posted before and is public information, just go to the the Texas Dept of Safety. If you look it's all related to theft which shows a pattern of behavior, it goes on for a couple of more pages but here you go:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    yup, I hear ya! Thanks for the correction!

21. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I sympathize, and you have every right to air all grievances.
    Given what I've seen, I believe you. I would suspect Art has a stack of used clutches in his shop, I mean it could be as simple as swapping the one you got out for one better.

As I said, I tend to try and salvage a situation that has gone south then completely throw in the towel. At this point, however, I suspect the turning point has long gone.

Good luck and truly hope you can put this behind you and enjoy your car (with our without a better clutch)

AHudson and Circle K like this.
  22. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    again, have you ever been a customer of EAG?

23. Natkingcolebasket69

Damn 5’10, 125lbs !

Il Tifoso and paulchua like this.
  24. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    A word of advice. It seems that you went to Art about this felon question and he gave you a photo of his TWIC card as an answer, allowing you to infer that he must not have a felony record based on the credential. It turns out that common felony convictions age out after 7 years for TWIC eligibility. Yet he could have directly answered "yes I do, but that's the old me, not the new me". It's deflecting and deceptive behavior like this that raises eyebrows. If you're going to be his apologist, then perhaps you should do less inferring and relay his answers to you in quotes so that we see what he actually says versus what he leads you to think he's saying. Otherwise your reputation and his are going to become intertwined.

Also, it doesn't matter much to us if he does become a sponsor or not. What I will say is that we don't protect sponsors any more than users. So if he has poor or deceptive business practices, then he should expect continued criticism from Fchat users and sponsorship will do nothing to stop that.

Flea7, AHudson, 808Forza and 6 others like this.
  25. HH11

HH11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 4, 2010
    No dog in this fight either, but I hope you move past this and just enjoy your car.

Not trying to discount the grief and stress you went through, but you now can pilot one of the best driving experiences on the planet.

It's easy to lose sight of what else is going on when certain circumstances arise.

Go out for a few tunnel runs and heel-toe downshifts!