My HORRIBLE experience with Naples Motorsport. Pics included with this post! | Page 10 | FerrariChat

My HORRIBLE experience with Naples Motorsport. Pics included with this post!

Discussion in 'Report Bugs & Ask Questions' started by steve miller, Jan 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. No Doubt

No Doubt Seven Time F1 World Champ

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    I can assure you that if a licensed Ferrari dealership ever charged a 10% or even an 8% restocking fee, that you would have heard some talk about it by now.

2. CornellCars

CornellCars Formula 3

Mar 24, 2005
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Actually there's a big difference between an 02 and 03 - with 3 yr unlimited warranties, an 02 is out, an 03 (esp a later delivery) should have some left, so there is a price gap there. Personally, I would put the grigio ingrid car being discussed here well below the 180 mark, but I figured I'd be generous with what he might have paid for a lower mile car. However, find me '03's with low miles at 168 and I'll find homes for them all day every day. Also, who sends a decent 360 spider through Manheim? Answer - almost nobody. 6 cars in 7 months for 2003 models, and the last three were all 175-176k.

3. No Doubt

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    Are you saying that Steve would have been $7k or $8k ahead by simply unloading his resprayed 360 at the Manhiem auction?

Or for that matter, are you saying that Naples Motorsport would have been better off by either suggesting Manheim to Steve or (gasp) handling the auction for him?

Your prices seem to indicate a 4% to 5% haircut, after all, with which an 8% "cancelled sale" fee really can't compete.

Would Naples know about this auction?

4. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

Bet you can't prove it.

The earth is a pretty big place......and there are dealers around like this place.......

http://www.auto-salon-singen.de/

Stevie Wonder would have been able to determine that this car had a repainted front bumper cover as evidenced by the paint drips in the posted photos. A professional in this industry as Todd wants to be known as would also have been aware of it. It's not a big deal in the real world as it is a bumper cover after all.......however that is not the point........failure to disclose something as obvious as that when asked is the point........and when combined with the utterly BS restocking fee, along with my above captioned comment and the total context of his reply to this thread........well.........those 4 items are a pattern now and it has my alarm bells ringing.

And I am dealer with 18 years of experience and over 1,500 high end and exotic car sales to my credit. Nothing gets past me when I am buying a car for my inventory......and everybody knows what they are getting when they buy a car from me. This is such an easy business.........to wit.........

Mr. Miller.....

I am very sorry and would like to apologize for our inadverdant non-disclosure of the repainted front bumper cover. It was unprofessional and truly done in error. Please feel free to return the vehicle at a date and time to be discussed and we will refund 100% of your money as well as any transportation costs. Again please accept our apologies for this most unfortunate oversight.

Case closed......customer happy and probably buys another car from said organization. We're human and we make mistakes sometimes, but, it's how we "man up" to them that seperates us from the other segment of society.

5. jratcliff

jratcliff Formula 3

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    I bought a F355 at Naples over a year ago. I haven't had in real issues. I had them do a oil change before sending it (I paid for it) and I couldn't help but notice that the oil filter was in the exact orientation as what was shown in pictures of the car on their website. I thought this was odd, but no proof of anything. The bottom dollar to this whole thing is no one knows for sure who they are dealing with until they have a problem. Almost everyone is honest as long as nothing is asked of them. It doesn't matter if you had anyone else check out the car or not. If you are in business and you have stated the conditions of selling something you should be held to those conditons. I believe some people have become so use to being screwed they believe it is just a way of life and you should just move on. Not me, I fully support you in this. Hopefully it might catch the eye of somebody else who is in business thinking this is no big deal.

6. CornellCars

CornellCars Formula 3

Mar 24, 2005
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Not at all - seems like, if he paid 191k, and got 16k back, then their "restocking fee" was, as KDS suggested, more like the "gap from wholesale to retail" fee as that would put the value right around 175k as well.
    Again, not at all, they seem to be almost identical in value between Manheim and what they 'repaid' Steve for the car.
    Not sure what you mean by this or where you're getting the 4%-5% number so I can't really address this...
    I believe someone earlier in the thread had mentioned having seen Todd at Manheim in PA, but aside from that, Manheim is the single largest conglomerate of auction sites in the US, so as a dealer, I think it's almost impossible not to have heard of them. Perhaps overall you've misinterpreted my point in posting to this thread - I don't have a horse in this race, and I don't know enough about either side of the deal since we really have Steve's story alone to go by, so I'm not in a position to judge either party. I was only posting as support for KDS's suggestion that it sounded like the restocking fee was about the same as the gap between wholesale and retail.

7. psmaia

psmaia Karting

Oct 26, 2005
    greenwich, conn.
    Full Name:
    Paul Marchese
    i am exhausted...

8. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Be glad you aren't out $16,000.00... :eek:

It's a shame there is no real way to quantify the exact financial impact that this event will have on Naples Motorsport based on how they handled the situation and the impression it has given many potential customers. I'm sure it will be a lot more than $16,000 in the end though.

Businesses need to think long and hard about these things before they let an unsatisfied customer walk out the door. I don't think anyone is arguing that Naples should have had to take a bath on this deal to make themselves look good, but doing the opposite to the customer doesn't bode well at all for their reputation, and future customers have definitely been lost.

I guess we've seen the last of Todd and his marketing team around here. :rolleyes: Again I'll use the word "pathetic".

>8^)
    ER

9. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    Especially this day and age (hello internet). 10 years ago it would be hard to get this story out of your neighborhood.

It's kinda scary really, depending on what you do.

10. mfarris

mfarris Rookie

Feb 1, 2006
    I have just become aware of the postings Steve Miller has been making regarding his purchase of a 2003 360 from Naples Motorsports. I feel obligated and privileged to post a factual thread that is directly related to this exact car. I was the owner of this car prior to Naples Motorsports. I owned it for approximately 7 months. I can say, with great confidence that this car was never in a major accident. I would love to buy this car again. I sold it to hunt for a 430 and have been unsuccesful in my search. This sounds more like a case of buyer's remorse rather than dealer misrepresentation. I have owned several Ferraris, some of which were purchased from Naples Motorsports, and can honestly say that this car showed no evidence of an accident at all. The pictures that were posted on this site do not even look like they came from the car at all! Is it possible that Mr. Miller scratched the bumper, had is painted, didn't ike the result and used Naples as a scape goat? I can't say that is what happened, but isn't it possible? I cannot understand why Steve would sign the aggrement if his intention was to try to defame Naples Motorsports after his check cleared. What kind of person does something like that? Steve, you have rambled on and on and on on this site about your experience. I think you should stand up and take this deal like a man. You say you don't care about the money, THEN STOP WHINING and move on. You seem to be obsessed. I have purchased many used exotic cars in my life as I am sure you have.
    I can say without reservation that Naples Motorsports DOES IT RIGHT. I have always been treated very fairly with them. My first Ferrari purchase was a 355 in which I dealt with Rob and can say that he was always a gentleman. Todd has always made himself available whenever I wanted to speak with him. Todd has a wealth of knowledge concerning exotic cars and I cannot think of another dealer that I have dealt with that has been more striaght forward and honest than Todd Rosenthal. There have been people posting extremely malicious statements about Todd and Naples Motorsports. To those people I must say, please only post what you know to be true. Baseless opinions of this case can be unneccessarily damaging and wasteful.
    To the other dealers chiming in when they are not even incvolved, I question your motives. It is shameful to act in such a manner when you are not privy to all the facts. Are you trying to discredit a fellow dealer to make yourselves seem better in the consumer's eye? This will not work! I am confident you will not be rewarded for these actions.
    Anyone looking for a highline car should call Naples Motorsports and enjoy a purchasing experience that is far superior than most.
    I willl conclude in stating that I am available to anyone who wishes to hear more about my experiences with this 360 spyder and Naples Motorsports.
    My E-mail is [email protected]
    GOOD LUCK to Todd, Rob and Naples Motorsports.

Mike

11. BH1

BH1 Formula Junior

Nov 14, 2005
    NSB, Fl & Aspen, Co
    Full Name:
    Brett
    I have one word for Mike.........."Bondo"!!!!! Or in Italian its "Bondisimo"!!!!!

12. Dolle Dolf

Dolle Dolf Karting

Apr 15, 2005
    New Jersey, USA
    I remember that Tony Soprano did a lot of business in Naples. I would definitely not buy a car from there ;)

13. J.P.Sarti

J.P.Sarti Guest

May 23, 2005
    So Steve damaged the car and it was all repaired and bondoed up in less than a week ? The paint would not even be dry yet. You cannot put a clear bra on new paint for at least 2 months for it to flatten out and fully cure otherwise when you remove the clear bra which Steve did the paint would come off with it no question.

Its usually takes a week just to get an appointment and estimates done at most shops for damage.

Can't see Naples taking back the car if they saw fresh damage and paint not on it before which is easy to tell, and for whatever reason Steve did not like the car charging $16k to return it says it all.

14. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Mike,

It's nice of you to come forward.

15. No Doubt

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    Mike, thanks for contributing. Where did you buy this 360?

16. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    Mike, how do you know it wasn't painted poorly before you owned it and you just never noticed it? Maybe it happened before you bought it. Just curious. (You may have bought it new for all I know.)

17. No Doubt

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    No, he said that he just owned it for 7 months. It's an '03. We're talking about a "multi-owner" 360.

18. Morgie

Morgie Formula Junior

May 3, 2005
    SF Bay/Carmel
    Mike,

Sorry to be the cynic, but can you prove that you purchased this car? Sales receipt, registration, insurance, etc.

Since you provided your full name already, you can cross out your address before posting. You could be anyone and possibly a Naples MS employee?

As a Ferrari owner (multiple), I wonder how you found out about this issue and this is your first post ever on F-chat.

19. lawwdog

lawwdog Formula 3

Dec 4, 2002
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Mario

Mike,

Nice to see you come to the show here. Glad for the perspective.

But GEEZ US - Can this thread die now? This is a Jerry Springer Show!!!

Mission Accomplished on ALL SIDES -

Enough detective work by everyone. Let it work itself out.

Mario

20. No Doubt

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways

Hmmm...

[Excerpt] Below are the historical events for this vehicle listed in chronological order. Any discrepancies will be in bold text.

Report Run Date: 02/01/2006
    VIN: ZFFYT53A830130724 2003 Ferrari 360 Modena Spider

Event Date Event Location Odometer Reading Data Source Event Detail
    12/27/2002 TX 99 Independent Emission Source PASSED EMISSION INSPECTION
    01/21/2003 DALLAS, TX Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
    01/29/2003 DALLAS, TX Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:04332137640103308)
    09/20/2003 DALLAS, TX 1,429 Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:04332837872115322)
    01/01/2004 DALLAS, TX Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
    01/01/2005 DALLAS, TX Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
    02/03/2005 CARROLLTON, TX 2,340 Independent Emission Source PASSED EMISSION INSPECTION

21. lawwdog

lawwdog Formula 3

Dec 4, 2002
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Mario

Oh come on now - really.

I mean the detective work isn't necessary. This is the internet. believe 100% - 50% - 25% WHATEVER you want but for god sake this isn't a Murder Case.

And now the auto check - greeeaaaat. Thanks Shirlock - :D

(shaking my head at the people weighing in on this)

22. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    If everyone would be willing to give Mr. Miller $50 for every time they posted on this thread, then he would have $12,350 of the $16,000 that he lost. Just a thought.

23. kole

kole Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2005
    Naples is not a good dealership. They are also rude. Stay away

24. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Practice what you preach maybe? :confused:

>8^)
    ER

25. TG

TG F1 Veteran

Oct 26, 2004
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Taylor
    I feel this post relates to this whole NAPLES ordeal. And not that this thread hasn't been stirred enough, but I would like to weigh in on LAWWDOG. And DONT get me wrong, this post is only meant as constructive criticism. Nothing more or less than that. Or to just simply say, lighten up. I have noticed over the last few threads I've been reading, your post's are very opinionated in favor of yourself. What really brought it to my attention was your thread about that ugly Ferrari. You could NOT accept that threads sometimes take a different road than the original subject.

With your "Ferrari PIMP package" thread, some of the posts you made about people "hijacking" your thread were rediculous. For example,

I mean really Mario, can you really be that controlling? I don't think I'm the only one who thinks this, but just let things go sometimes. And for you to try and get the Moderator to close the thread, just because people don't want to talk about ONE ferrari with six exhaust pipes.... comeon. Basically this thread we are in is the continuation of what you wanted yours to leave as, and for you to come to this thread and give worthless input..??

And literally 3 posts after this one, you said...
    Who cares how long the thread is and aren't you weighing in on this also??? AND you should be 100% content that your "Ferrari PIMP package" thread died out and moved here. Live a little and give people the benefit of the doubt. And once again about your Ferrari PIMP package thread you put down the owner of NAPLES for posting in your precious thread...
    And another...
    It is the other way around, in the scale of things... I care much more about anything associated with a dealer and/or pricing. I COULD CARE LESS about an "ugly 360 with pizza and pipes exhaust pipes." See, your posts don't help a thing. You ARENT the moderator, you don't enforce the rules. All these posts are is annoying. I think there are others who would agree with me...

You are rude to people you've never met and have no background information about..

I could quote you so many times to make a thread out of it, so instead I will just say...

LOOSEN UP!!