My HORRIBLE experience with Naples Motorsport. Pics included with this post! | Page 6 | FerrariChat

My HORRIBLE experience with Naples Motorsport. Pics included with this post!

Discussion in 'Report Bugs & Ask Questions' started by steve miller, Jan 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RavenFan_94

RavenFan_94 Rookie

Dec 10, 2005
    Annapolis, MD
    Full Name:
    Jody Presti
    I agree with your thinking but I don't know if it works here.

Just because the guy is only charged with double homicide doesn't mean we are going to let him walk the earth until the defense makes it case.

I'm buying another car within the next few weeks. NMS is no longer on the shopping list.

2. Dan Ciezniewzky

Dan Ciezniewzky Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 6, 2004
    Indianapolis
    they didnt exactly have a stellar reputation before Steve stated his experience with them, otherwise Id completly agree. And even if they did have a good rep, they still took his 16k for nothing. They could have atleast found him a good 360 to make him happy, instead they have him sign away his right to sue or defame....nice guys eh?

3. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    No one can assess where the truth lies here based solely on Steve's account. Nevertheless, as a business owner myself, I can find some fault with both parties.

For Steve:
    1. Should have gotten a PPI or at least looked at it himself.
    2. Should have negotiated the restocking fee.

For Naples:
    1. Should never claim any car is perfect. Hell, my 430 wasn't perfect the day it left the factory.
    2. Should have refunded all the money or, at most, charged a small nuisance fee. In business, especially in a small fraternity like exotic cars, bad news travels fast. In the internet age, it travels the speed of light, hence this thread.

It is possible the former owner of this 360 had the work done, covered it with the bra and whoever took it in at Naples missed it. This does not excuse Naples for not making it right once discovered, but this is just one possible scenario that jumps out to me besides purposeful deception.

All businesses have some disgruntled customers. Different businesses will go to different lengths to placate such customers. I would not reject Naples out of hand to do business with just becasue of this one incident.

These stories seem to always come down to the same issue----get a PPI.

Dave

4. No Doubt

No Doubt Seven Time F1 World Champ

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    http://lotus.roadfly.com/turboesprit/2004-07/msg00485.html
    "marckevinjordan wrote:
    I got my S4s from Naples Motor Sports and had some weird things happen in the deal. First of all, when I got the car it had 200 extra miles on the odometer from when I did the paper work.

I never got to the bottom of that... basically both Naples & the shipping line just shrugged their shoulders about it.

I specifically asked the guy at Naples if the car had any mods and he said no. That wasn't true.

I rolled the dice and had a 3rd party inspector in Naples check the car out. He came back with a glowing report saying the car was spotless and nothing was wrong with it. However, when I first drove it the check engine light came on, and the coolant light came on.

The coolant was way low and toping it off fixed the problem.

And the brake rotors needed to be replaced. The guy at Naples said he had driven the car, and the 3rd party inspector drove it. If they *had* there's no way they could have missed that light and no way the could have missed the brakes needing that kind of work.

Also, the car wasn't completely clean when I got it. I even found some weed in the drivers side ash tray. I kinda laughed at first then got mad because if I hadn't found it a cop might have.

The bolster already had some damage on it, too. The Naples web site had a bunch of pictures of the car so I double checked those against the car when I got it. In the pictures I didn't see any bolster damage. So, I asked the guy at Naples about it. He said that those pictures were probably taken from when they had the car *before* a previous sale. That actually pissed me off in a big way. I think there's a word for doing something like that...

I feel like I was misled and my enthusiam for the car was dimmed for awhile. However, now I'm now completely happy with it.

Except for the damage my big butt is doing to the bolster.

--- In [email protected], Luke Walling"

5. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Hell, I couldn't believe that they didn't charge you extra for that genuine Italian olive tree leaf stuck way behind the air dam.

"Dave, since that leaf was put there by Dario on the test drive at the factory, FNA has instructed us to add $38 to the final sticker price to cover the additional costs incurred by the shipping and prep of the leaf."

6. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I was thinking of getting those olive leaves out and selling on ebay. Gotta be worth 1000's!

Yer buddy,
    Dave

7. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    OK, 2 disgruntled customers. You should be pissed at the guy who inspected as much as anyone.

Dave

8. No Doubt

No Doubt Seven Time F1 World Champ

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    We need Fchatter Prova4re to weigh in with his Naples' "Tubi" experience.

9. switchcars

switchcars Formula 3

Jul 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    Doug
    good to know, I had heard good things about BSM.

I want to jump into this discussion, but really shouldn't....there's too many variables. I would like to hear Naples side of the story.

10. cavlino

cavlino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 6, 2002
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Carm Scaffidi
    Wow! I almost didn't notice this thread since it's in the model specific area. I wish it was in the general area so more members would see it. I don't have any sympathy for Naples Motorsport based on how poorly they handled this. I would never consider dealing with them and if I was ever asked about them I would simply refer to this post.

11. BH1

BH1 Formula Junior

Nov 14, 2005
    NSB, Fl & Aspen, Co
    Full Name:
    Brett
    Sometimes you just have to "man up" and do the right thing...... unless you are a beatch to the almighty dollar. I would never let my reputation in such a small community be damaged over something so clearly inappropriate. $16k for what, the pleasure of meeting the boys at NMS??? I think not!!!

12. Ferrari348turbo

Ferrari348turbo Karting

Nov 22, 2005
    Florida
    Hard top nailed it right on!!!! Fault on both ends. You both need to grow up and move on.

Im so tired of everyone being sue happy. Everyone these days has the attitude if I dont get what I want im going to sue you.... oh no!!! not that.... Probably the most stupid thing I have heard, Lets go back to 5th grade, you hit me so im going to hit you back harder and if you try to get me back again, I know a 6th grader who will become an attorney then I'll get you 20 years later when he passes the bar, oh and plus interest you dirty 5th grader.
    People can afford a Ferrari that expensive but can't realize that the only two people who win in law suits are the attorneys, after court win, lose draw, or what ever you think it was you did, you now have been through months of hassel, lost time at the job, emotional stress, attorney fee's and court costs which may be less then what your awarded, oh yeah yeah yeah, I know I know.. your so hard headed you think you gonna win and they will pay it for you, Of course if you win if you want to call it that, now you have to try and collect, and using my 5th grade education, me's ah thinks ifs you can buy a car that expensice im sure you could make more money working then in court, unless your a bottom feeder attorney and thats what you do for a living, but with all this being said, the attorneys will go out and have a beer together and laugh about how they got your money, while you had months of stress, hassel, lost work time, but hey, you made two real good points, #1 your Ego got hurt because you feel they got one on you, and #2 your check book is bigger then your common sence.

By the way I'm not attacking you, this is directed at both of you. My word of advice is move on, enjoy life, and just let it go, I promise you will sleep better and less stress.

13. gam4

gam4 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2003
    good point
    Move on!!!

14. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew

Take it you havnt read this thread from the beginning then?

15. BH1

BH1 Formula Junior

Nov 14, 2005
    NSB, Fl & Aspen, Co
    Full Name:
    Brett
    Yeah, thats it....... just let NMS keep the $16k because we woudnt want the lawyers to get any of it. But wait, NMS may do it again, and again, and again until somebody has enough and gets a lawyer to help end this nonsense. You may not like attorneys but we damn well can fix problems like this. I bet if you were on he receiving end of this blatant rip off your tune would be different.

16. Ferrari348turbo

Ferrari348turbo Karting

Nov 22, 2005
    Florida
    You would lose that bet, I have been in the situation. Unless you work at McDonalds its a dollar waiting on a dime, how much good money are you going to use to chase bad money.

Oh by the way I agree with you, its not the attorney who fixes the problems, its the person who has enough to spend that really fixes it, lets give credit where it due.

17. vdodici

vdodici Rookie

Sep 21, 2005
    Novato, CA
    Currently I own 3 Ferrari cars and plan on purchasing at least one more, but never from these guys. I've tired of deceptive comments and dirty deals. I find it interesting that nobody from Naples Motorsport has weighed in on this issue in any fashion. Poor management, policies, personel and products will affect their bottom line and I suspect that is why they charged you such an aggregious amount of money to take the car back.
    I also suspect that fellow in New England needs to learn about customers being right, even after they've opened their wallet. I'll avoid that business as well.
    It would have been quite interesting for Naples to have taken the vehicle back and cancelled the check they sent you.
    Good luck with this mess.

18. Ferrari348turbo

Ferrari348turbo Karting

Nov 22, 2005
    Florida

Ummm...just a guess but ... maybe because they signed a contract which agree's to silence?

19. steve miller

steve miller Karting

Dec 30, 2005
    Parkland, Fl
    Full Name:
    Steve Miller

Bad Guess. The agreement has been posted. Read it.

20. HOT4RE

HOT4RE Karting

Nov 28, 2005
    LA County, CA
    Full Name:
    (TJ)

I fully agree with Dave, but I still think that Naples could and should give the money back to Steve and make everything right. It's not too late. I could tell from this forum that Steve is very much hurt, not because of amount of money per se, but simply because he got screwed by being a "good' customer. I would too.

I challenge Naples to correct things now and refund $$ back to Steve, so everybody could be happy.

For one thing, the power of this ferrari chat forum is incredible. You can use to help you or hurt you. Best regards,

21. roykaku

roykaku Guest

Aug 30, 2005
    El Dorado Hills, Ca
    Full Name:
    Roy F Kaku
    Thanks steve for alerting potential customers to a business that is run by callous individual(s) who appear to act and behave dishonorably. I've been looking at buying a new Ferrari, and I appreciate the information you have provided, bringing me added awareness and caution to certain business and business practices!

22. Ferrari348turbo

Ferrari348turbo Karting

Nov 22, 2005
    Florida

Hey Steve, Im not trying to bust your chops, I think your pretty cool, you sound very well educated and intelligent, I respect that, but my God man, everytime someone posts they are not going to goto Naples for business, this could be used against you if they file suit. I'm not a scum bag attorney or an attorney at all, so I know nothing but I would assume they would sue you for defaming them and the refund of money wouldnt be a direct issue of importance. Everyone has already read this and you made your point, I would have the thread pulled, not because your right or wrong, but because of what you signed. It may not be what you said directly but look at what this last guy said, basically thanking you for Bringing, providing, awareness, it points back to you. The fact some agree with you, is not helping your situation. If you want to spend 20K defending a defaming law suit, hey thats up to you.
    It would be better to have someone else post about what they heard happen to a friend, then you jump in and say hey that was me, I was the one who got screwed, bla bla bla.....

Either way good luck

23. tiara4300

tiara4300 Formula Junior

Feb 27, 2005
    miami ,fl.
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Naples is getting away with murder. I have sold many Ferrari and other high line vehicles in Florida ,and I have even had to buy one back from time to time. Its easy to miss a little paint work or maybe a panel has been replaced. If I have stated to a buyer that I am selling a perfect car and it proves to be otherwise, they would get a full refund period. This holding onto $16k is absolute BULL****. I am a licensed dealer in Florida and I know we all must place a bond with the state to protect the consumer in a case like this. I would contact the Fla Dept of Agriculture automobile dealer division and see if they can help. I also challenge Naples motorsport to refund your $16k maybe with an extra grand for your trouble. If they do not respond I offer to you my expert witness experience at no charge when you do wind up in front of a judge.

24. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    steve -

if naples is like most "high end" used bucket shops, they don't have a pot to piss in. they needed that $16k so bad it is unlikely they have $$$ to mount any sort of legal offense.

25. CTM

CTM Karting

Aug 5, 2004
    New York, Catskills
    Full Name:
    Craig
    It seems to me the guy made the deal about the refund under duress, but hey I am not an attorney. A $16K restocking fee is BS total BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!