My Mom is gone -------------- | FerrariChat

My Mom is gone --------------

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by CarlDog, May 4, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CarlDog

CarlDog Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Southern NH
    Full Name:
    David
    I had mentioned in a thread about TV cars that my dearest Mother had passed the Saturday before Easter Sunday. I know I have not met any of you in person but I would like to say thanks for the comments I received and I thank you. This sucks but for the record I plan on trucking on and getting through this because if I don't ---------- she would be pi**ed ! I hope to meet all of you throughout the world at some point - sometime. I have no right to be this guy right now but if anyone wants to see my Mother and her web site (if not that is ok) I have been an absolute trainwreck so here is the website from my good friend John Brewitt (the director) as I would only give him the job of taking care of Mom. No one has to post anything because even though I have been a member for a while know I am not an active poster. If you wish to meet her the link is below.

Thanks for listening and I will always miss her.

http://obit.brewittfuneralhome.com/obit_display.cgi?id=408024&listing=All

2. rollsorferrari?

rollsorferrari? F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    everything gets better with time, it's good to vent. you have my sincerest condolences

3. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

mothers are the best. remember she will always live in you as long as you choose to remember her. tell your children about their grandmother as often as you are able.

i'm sorry for your loss.

pcb

4. jorge.rios

jorge.rios F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 2, 2006
    Monterrey
    Full Name:
    Jorge
    R.I.P sorry to hear this very bad news...you have my condolences

5. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    My condolences to you.

6. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Sorry to hear of this. All the best.

7. djui5

djui5 F1 Veteran

Aug 9, 2006
    Phoenix, Arizona
    I send you my best in these times. Take care.

8. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    I'm very sorry to hear this, be strong.

RIP

9. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    David - it's obvious she raised not just a good Son, but, a good Man. I cannot emphasize enough that she was, is, and will always be with you in your daily walk. Mother's Day will soon be upon us - while you may view it with some trepidation right now, it might be good for you to embrace the day, as you move forward.

Griefnet is another place to create a memorial for her, and find guidance during this difficult time.
    http://www.griefnet.org/

10. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Sorry to hear about you loss.
    All the best to you and your family.

11. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    ....Condolences brother.

Lost my mom in February 2006.

12. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    David,

Sorry to hear about your loss. I lost my mother 10 years ago when I was 33. She had a long battle with breast cancer. I am a physician and knew what the end result would be and was prepaired, but even so when the time came it was crushing. I will never forget that time and place when I got "the call". However, with time I found peace. There is not a single day that goes by that I do not think of her. At first the thoughts and memories were very painful, but over time the pain dissipates and you will be left with your wonderful momories of this incredible woman. This is offerd not in consolation, but in hope and solace.

May you find peace.

Steve

13. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    sorry to hear this David. she'll be in my prayers. take care buddy..

14. fiorano94

fiorano94 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2006
    MW/NW/SE
    Take care

Best of wishes to you and your family

15. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    David mate i can truthfully say that i know how you feel having lost me dear mother also, i send my heartfelt condolences to you and you family, if you need to talk send me a pm.

16. QT3141

QT3141 Formula Junior

Jul 24, 2006
    My heartfelt condolences.

17. yzee

yzee F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2005
    Bodegata
    Full Name:
    Michael
    My Mom and Dad are 87. They just returned from their last of 25 winters in Florida. I got them into a condo a mile from my home and you need to check on them every day. They are very happy and content but I know they can't live without each other.

My sincere condolences.

18. ZINGARA 250GTL

ZINGARA 250GTL F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 21, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Ken
    May the sweetest of your memories remain always. She has, " loosed the surly bonds of earth; reached out and touched the face of God."

19. jsa330

jsa330 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Lost my mom in '94 after quad-bypass surgery, for which her docs estimated a 95% survival rate for someone of her age/health: 77 and good. She drew the one bad card out of 20...I had to tell them to pull the plug 24 hrs later, after massive, uncontrollable, and unrepairable blood seepage through the heart walls developed.

A yr. later, lost my younger brother to a hard-drug overdose.

Those two events sent me into a deep depression, from which I finally emerged in 1999.

13 years after mom's death, I'm finally prepared to sell off the rest of her furniture and other stuff that I grew up with, so we can move to a smaller house.

David, I'm not meaning to hijack your thread...just give sympathetic personal testimony as to what a hard hit losing beloved family can be.

You indeed have my fullest sympathies and best well wishes...and if you feel yourself spiraling down psychologically, do not hesitate...get prof help, right away.

20. HUTCH91TR

HUTCH91TR F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Hutch
    David - You have my sincerest condolences. I know how it feels because my mother passed away October of '03. Stay strong and talk with friends and family to help get you through this.

21. Emil

Emil Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2006
    Solihull
    Full Name:
    Emil Ahmed
    RIP :(

i lost my grandma on the 7th Feb,miss her every day.....

22. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    I really can't imagine how the loss of a mother can impact a son or a daughter, but you have my deepest condolences. I love my mom and always scare myself when thinking of loosing her some day... Oh my god this is so sad :( Take care... Thoughts to you and your family...

23. CarlDog

CarlDog Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Southern NH
    Full Name:
    David
    I will have her in my memories forever and I wish you could of all met her and seen what a saint she was.

Thanks again everyone... every comment has made me feel better. God bless.

David

24. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    My sincerest condolences to you. May God give you peace during this most difficult time.

25. Ferrari 1

Ferrari 1 Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Fort Lauderdale
    Full Name:
    Benn Correale
    David,
    So sorry to hear of your loss, but I echo the sentiments of everyone else here; time will not heal the wound of the loss, but over time, the thoughts and memories will turn from painful to blessings.

As long as she is alive in your heart, she is still with you.

I wish you grace and peace in this most difficult time.