My new 360 Spider is F1. My 2001 Spider was | FerrariChat

My new 360 Spider is F1. My 2001 Spider was

Discussion in '360/430' started by nberry, Apr 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nberry

nberry Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    6 speed. Often as I am driving down the road people pass and give me an indication to gun the engine in order for them to hear the glorious Ferrari sound. With the 6 speed, all I needed to do was engage the clutch and revv the engine.

However with the F1, I am not certain putting the car into neutral by depressing both paddles and revv the engine and trying to engage the gear again is a good idea. Would the computer go to first or back to the gear it was in at that the speed the car was traveling?

Does anyone know? Is it bad to do this with a F1 tranny?

2. silverf1modena

silverf1modena Formula Junior

The computer will engage it back to the right speed that it left off at or to the appropriate speed it should be in. I have done this, not by choice, to rev the car, but when I first got the car, out of accident. I don't know if it is bad for it, but I can assure you it is not good for it. On any kind of clutch.
    Next time someone tells you to rev, just use the gear your in and gun it and make use of the fuel that you are revin^_~! Also, I know for one thing it is not good to rev and burn out on these cars w/the F1 trannies. It will wear them out BIG time!