My new Nouvalari Super Sport exhaust system | FerrariChat

My new Nouvalari Super Sport exhaust system

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by petrolheadjeff, Sep 20, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. petrolheadjeff

petrolheadjeff Karting

Apr 16, 2015
    London/Kent
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    #1 petrolheadjeff, Sep 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I guess I should start this thread by thanking Richard Nouvalari for making me a system and dropping it on my doorstep well within 24 hours. That's service, old school!

I bought the super sport version and I'm delighted with it. The finishing and overall look of the system is great. Happily my car has no cat fitted so hanging the new system was easy and straight forward.

The car now sounds like a Ferrari should. As I see it, if you buy a Fcar you want to be noticed in traffic and stand out. Well, you certainly do hear me coming down the road now :eek:) The bass rumble on tick-over is just amazing. You feel it in your chest. Revving the car out and hearing "that Ferrari tune" for the first time was totally intoxicating, justifying every penny I paid for the system. I was like wow, hooolyyy rcap :)

Also I think the car is nicer to drive without all the baffling in the exhaust throttling it's airway and slowing the car down. To my mind the car is more responsive to.

Jeff
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    Very sweet Jeff! the super sport wakes up your whole street :D I am reserved and took the sport. Not sure if I would leave the Super Sport sign on.. :)

3. 123howie

123howie F1 World Champ

Jul 3, 2014
    El Segundo CA
    Full Name:
    Howie
    #3 123howie, Sep 21, 2015
  4. Leighton360

Leighton360 Karting

Mar 31, 2014
    South Wales UK
    Jeff ... that exhaust looks amazing ... Price ? contact details ??? ( please pm me if you want ) , nice to know we can get these made in the UK .
    I am eventually looking to change the exhaust on my project QV and this looks the answer .. thanks

5. Journiacois

Journiacois Formula Junior

Dec 28, 2013
    Dordogne, France
    Full Name:
    Gerald
    Jeff, Would you happen to have before and after pics?

6. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    around 1000 GBP depends on model.

Nouvalari Engineering Ltd

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1s1nIpkq3M[/ame]

7. Rapalyea

Rapalyea Formula 3

Jun 18, 2013
    Georgia Mountains US
    Full Name:
    David Rapalyea alias
    STUNNING!

Where I live, however, I do just about every thing I can to avoid being noticed! I was doing 120 mph indicated one day, on a road where no one even lived within 100 yards of that rural road. At the end of that run I was confronted with four cop cars converging on the intersection. I was, by that time, entirely legal, was not stopped. But I got the message. I actually toyed with the idea of having my local wrench look into quieting down my stock exhaust. But that would have been wrong....

Very best of luck with an exhaust that approaches a work of art!

8. srephwed

srephwed F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2012
    street,md
    Full Name:
    fred brown
    maybe you should move.

Rbarney360 likes this.
  9. petrolheadjeff

petrolheadjeff Karting

Apr 16, 2015
    London/Kent
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Sounds awesome dunnit. I see you have the cat version. Cewl

10. petrolheadjeff

petrolheadjeff Karting

Apr 16, 2015
    London/Kent
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Just visit Nouvalari Engineering Ltd and give them a call. Prices will differ depending on how much of the system you need but they know the car well and will sort you out with the parts you need.

Jeff

11. petrolheadjeff

petrolheadjeff Karting

Apr 16, 2015
    London/Kent
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I'll be at my garage tomorrow and I'll upload a pic of the system insitu for you.

Jeff

12. petrolheadjeff

petrolheadjeff Karting

Apr 16, 2015
    London/Kent
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Brit cops are to fat and lazy to get out of their cars. We just have feckin cameras all over the joint. Now if I had a gun like you guys do I'd shoot the feckers out. Lol

13. sidtx

sidtx F1 Rookie
    Owner

Feb 9, 2014
    Frisco, Tx
    Full Name:
    Sid
    Does this exhaust fit/work on a QV?

Also, I have a US Spec QV with cats. Does this eliminate the cats? if so, is there any raw gas smell?

I've heard a few stories that eliminating the cats and/or performance exhaust systems causes a very noticeable raw gas odor.

Got to keep the peace with the wife. Not so much the wonderful noise, as the smell would cause instances of domestic unhappiness.

Sid

14. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    #14 MvT, Sep 22, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
    If you consider it you will need to mention your model and say it is US spec and the make it specific to your model. When you take out the cat you will for sure notice the noticeable raw gas odor. but hit the pedal to the metal with a cat and it will smell like over dated eggs :):) Personally I do not mind both smells and I do not smell the raw gas odor while driving or being to a stand still. I don't know about the convertible though. If I had a cat I would ditch it so I have some more horse power + weight loss. When it needs to go to MOT, you will have the lot replaced within 30/45min and you even do not have to jack up the Mondial :D

I'm really happy with the sound and looking at the price, it is not more then a good sport exhaust for an Alfa for example. it's only 1/3 of the price then a Tubi or an Ansa.

15. petrolheadjeff

petrolheadjeff Karting

Apr 16, 2015
    London/Kent
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    #15 petrolheadjeff, Sep 22, 2015
    Here's a pic I took for you today. Obviously fitted. It looks good I think.

Jeff

16. petrolheadjeff

petrolheadjeff Karting

Apr 16, 2015
    London/Kent
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    #16 petrolheadjeff, Sep 22, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
    £1000? Nope, less for the QV. Is that really a Super Sport fitted to that Dutchman? If you can loose the cat do it. The car will breathe better and you'll loose a good few kilo in weight and that equals more horses.

Jeff

17. petrolheadjeff

petrolheadjeff Karting

Apr 16, 2015
    London/Kent
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Basically if you can loose the cats do it. That said there are systems for both. Just look at the pics we've posted here.

I've not noticed any bad smells coming from my behind recently petrol or otherwise (soz couldn't resist that :)

The Super Sport is LOUD ! If you want less db's then perhaps the sport system would be the better option. That said I am still "street legal" at least for the UK

18. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    that's the Sport not the Super Sport ;) and euro version have no cat when you have no T :)
    Jeff, do I see that the tips are not in the middle of coves or is it the angle of the pic? Look nice btw! £1000 incl VAT.

19. petrolheadjeff

petrolheadjeff Karting

Apr 16, 2015
    London/Kent
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    It's the angle I was holding my phone. I thought it was the sport system as opposed to the SS. it's much quieter than mine but still has a still a nice fruity rumble to it and a big improvement on the original system imo.

Tijn, Perhaps we should take a db reading with our phones? It would be interesting to know the db difference between the two systems.

Jeff

20. Leighton360

Leighton360 Karting

Mar 31, 2014
    South Wales UK
    Looks great ... will enquire when mine is back on the road .

21. Todd308TR

Todd308TR F1 World Champ

Nov 25, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Todd
    Can't wait to hear mine.

22. Allen S.

Allen S. Formula Junior

Mar 16, 2001
    Morgan Hill, CA
    Full Name:
    Allen / AKA tCoupe
    #22 Allen S., Sep 24, 2015
    Good replacement Jeff.

When I changed out my stock exhaust on my tCoupe in August with the SS can, the first benefit I noticed was weight. Stock can is a tank. Seems to weigh like 3-4 times the weight of the SS can.

The 3.4 is running so much happier, revs quicker and pulls harder. Also runs much cooler and the heat disapates from the engine bay faster. I needed to leave the cats on here in CA. No smell.

Love that Ferrari exhaust note turned UP!

See the SS through the exhaust grill.

23. petrolheadjeff

petrolheadjeff Karting

Apr 16, 2015
    London/Kent
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    #23 petrolheadjeff, Oct 14, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
    She was too scared to wind Betty up and she has dainty wee feet hahahah but anyway a quickie so you can hear the Super Sport grunt. What a difference! Crank up ya speakers. When I get time I'll post more of the same.

Jeff

https://youtu.be/u8oz9Z3FS9s

24. petrolheadjeff

petrolheadjeff Karting

Apr 16, 2015
    London/Kent
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Nice wheels and a great pic!

25. Allen S.

Allen S. Formula Junior

Mar 16, 2001