My new (to me) 360 - the wait is almost over... | Page 3 | FerrariChat

My new (to me) 360 - the wait is almost over...

Discussion in '360/430' started by ar4me, Jul 19, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. needaferrari

needaferrari Karting
    BANNED

Jan 31, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Winters are long here in Park City and that combined with me being too anal about my car leeds to long times on a float charger....I have this last season had my wifes Z8 and my Viper on a B&D float charger for more than 6 months with no problems..I will do the same when I get my Ferrari...They are very handy having a 1 or 2 amp switch and come with 3 sets of leeds so you can hook it up the way you want and cost only 25.00...I did have one fail with no problems after 3 years...Kevin

2. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Everyone has to decide their level of risk tolerance for themselves, but I've never had a problem and haven't heard of any using true battery tenders. Lead acid batteries like to be kept *just* at around full charge, and if this is done, it maximizes the life of the battery and ensures enough juice for a start after a long period of non-use.

3. Ingpr

Ingpr F1 Rookie

Jun 30, 2009
    PR
    Full Name:
    David
    Very nice!
    Love the color!

4. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I keep it plugged in when not in use and as previously stated, do not use the battery switch "off and on" as a way to keep the battery from draining.

Great looking car, the modular wheels are really going to kick it up a notch in the looks category!!!

5. DoctorWill

DoctorWill Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2010
    Playa Vista
    Full Name:
    Will
    Forgive me for asking but...why wouldn't battery hold charge for a few weeks? Is it a Ferrari battery problem? What about putting in a more modern battery?

Will

6. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    #56 ar4me, Jul 29, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
    It is not the battery. I'm sure we all have "new" batteries - mine is a brand new optima. The issue is that cars draw current when they sit (for alarm, etc.) and will gradually drain the battery. It seems some cars have a stronger in-op current draw and drain batteries faster. Some types of batteries can better handle being completely discharged while others don't take it well, and it will shorten their life span.

I will make a habit of just plugging in the trickle charger when I park it.

Jes

7. andy308

andy308 Formula 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Jes,

Congrats on the car. I hope you enjoy it!

Andy

8. jd1966

jd1966 Rookie

Sep 28, 2009
    Massachusetts, USA
    Absolutely stunning. I Love the color...
    Congratulations!!!

9. EnzoXYZ

EnzoXYZ Karting

Jun 1, 2010
    Chicago
    Charge it if you are not going to drive it regularly. Love the color combo.

10. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    Thanks again.

Given a busy weekday schedule it will be driven primarily on weekends - for now it is plugged in after every drive.

I was going to put on the modular wheels this past weekend, but my 7 year old son had a sleep-over at a friends house. This was an opportunity to take the wife out for her first ride (two-seater and cannot leave 7 year old home alone). Her comment was that it is loud and not overly comfortable - lol... I explained that is exactly what you pay for with a Ferrari :) Actually, I find the suspension somewhat soft. Anyway, we took quite a long drive. Since it accelerates fairly quickly (and I couldn't help it) she got the sense I was constantly speeding and kept reading me the speed limit - haha... I explained there is no legal limit for acceleration ;-) I offered her to drive but she declined. In terms of operation it is no more difficult to drive than my Alfa Romeo Milano Verde and past 164s which she drove on occasion. Anyway, given the couple of hour drive, cleaning up the garage, I only managed to finish cleaning the modular wheels by Sunday evening. They will go on soon, but driving it has higher priority at the moment :)

Jes

11. MamoVaka

MamoVaka Formula 3

Jul 31, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Pano S.
    I LOVE this color on the 360.. I hope you have a capristo or tubi exhaust for some reason this color just goes with that exhaust!!

great car.. it's a wonderful machine I hope you cherish the car

12. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    It has a Tubi exhaust :)
    Jes

13. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    #63 ar4me, Aug 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Got home early from work today with plenty daylight for a drive with one of my best friends, fellow car nut, alfa racer, etc. Found some open road with some bends and made a few runs up the gears shifting around 7000 (no reckless driving or speeding!). This is just an incredible piece of machinery, wow... And the sound, oh my... Though, I'm very surprised by how soft the suspension is. In the eufori of the moment I forgot to put it in sport mode - BIG duh!!! I will definitely try it in sport mode next time. I hope that firms it up significantly. Does the CS have much stiffer suspension?

Got home and let it sit to cool down a bit before tugging it in. Some pics of my Italian corner of the garage (Alfa Romeo street car on top). Apologies for the picture quality - cell phone camera...

Also received my Leatherique products in the mail today and plan to treat the interior this coming weekend to make sure it remains in pristine condition.

Jes
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. jonlevel2

jonlevel2 Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Jon Dubrick
    Jess,

Great job the car...congrats....Just moved to Pasadena from Chicago and I am starting the same thing you did awhile ago. I too have decided to go 360 vs 355. Mainly drove 911's(SHHHH). Been on this site a fews years but had to take a break....but its good to be back. All the ferrari guys out here seem really cool. Looking forward to hitting some meets to talk and maybe find a car. Have fun

15. nizam

nizam Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 9, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Ni Zam
    HOLY COW.

Is that an Alfa Romeo Milano??!@?

16. verdegrrl

verdegrrl Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2008
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    April
    No kidding! I always wanted one of those! :D

17. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    #67 ar4me, Aug 6, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2010
    You guys are funny :) April, go check the garage - maybe Santa brought you one, or two, or three... ;) Got your driveshaft sorted?

BTW, how the heck do I get icons inside the body of the post? Thanks to the kind person who PM'ed me the solution to the icons.

Jes

18. verdegrrl

verdegrrl Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2008
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    April
    #68 verdegrrl, Aug 6, 2010
    Congrats on a great choice! My fav colour on any car.

I hear Alfas are great training wheels for Ferrari ownership. Enjoy the 'rarri while it's still "perfect". ;)

What do you know? Santa did come early and left some Alfas! One is taking up the lift, so need to clear it off before driveshaft work can commence.

19. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    Don't jinx it, Judy thinks they never break ;) don't ask who told her that ;)

Being used to Alfas maybe Ferraris seem bullet proof :) Ok, no more bashing the Alfas or they won't start next time...

Jes

20. verdegrrl

verdegrrl Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2008
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    April
    First time I ever drove the CS, it set off a flashing CEL and cut power! It's clearly female, jealous and Italian! ;)

Quick! Wave a dead chicken (or something) over the Alfa before it hears you! :D

21. euro_king

euro_king Formula Junior

Mar 18, 2009
    San Jose, Jakarta
    Full Name:
    Jastien Weiss
    may I know what lift are you using

22. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    It is a Bendpak single post parking lift. Forgot the model number, but I can look it up when I get home.
    Jes

23. ttdang123

ttdang123 Formula Junior

Nov 28, 2009
    North San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Tung
    Hi

Would you please also let me know the height of your garage ceiling? I am thinking about doing the same thing. My garage door might be an issue? Any advise on mounting the lift or ....?

Thanks

24. thechopshopllc

Jul 25, 2010
    Kentucky
    Car looks GREAT!!!! Congrats!!

I am looking at a 2000 360 F1 now, never thought I would own a Ferrari but that might change very soon.

25. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    #75 ar4me, Aug 6, 2010
    I think my garage ceiling is 10'8". I had doors converted to high-lift with jack-shaft door opener (Liftmaster 3800) - super quiet (uses existing doors but new rails and opener). It rotates the rod at the top of the garage door directly and eliminates the traditional rail in the middle for the garage door opener. That helps clearance a lot - high enough for any of our two sedans to fit on top of each other. I had the lift installed by the company I bought it from.

Model is PL-6SP.

Jes