my (new to me) FF has landed | Page 2 | FerrariChat

my (new to me) FF has landed

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by chris0315, Jan 26, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. chris0315

chris0315 Karting

Jul 11, 2014
    Richmond, VA + Düsseldorf, Germany
    Full Name:
    Christoph

So,
    Bought and tried out the Dunlop freyboard stuff... this was absolut garbage!!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

I can honestly say, this was the biggest mistake I ve done so far. This Dunlop crap shortly started reacting and damaged something that hasn’t looked to bad before. Now I have to replace it without any doubt.

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  2. TriumphantTaco

Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2018
    Thanks for the warning. I was about to order some and try it out. No thanks!

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  3. chris0315

chris0315 Karting

Jul 11, 2014
    Full Name:
    Christoph
    Does it sounds odd to say, I'm in love with the postman?
    Little break from the hospital, I could sneak out and check out my new spacers and screws.
    I've used the same brand for my Porsche. Quality is good, not novitech but for a fraction of the price. Let's see how they behave on the long run but hey, those are just some screws so can't be too bad.
    My wheels are on route, I'm so excited to put all that together.

Cheers
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my Pixel 3 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

ANOpax likes this.
  4. omd78

omd78 F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2005
    Breda, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Gratuliere Cristoph.

Gr. Martin

chris0315 likes this.
  5. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    Those parts look very nicely finished. What size are the spacers? And which F12 wheel did you end up going with?

6. chris0315

chris0315 Karting

Jul 11, 2014
    Full Name:
    Christoph
    Thanks! I bought the same brands nuts for my Porsche and they look nice.
    Once again, the finish of the novitech us of course outstanding. Novitec s are more grey and smoother edges. But the set is like 2,5k while those here are 500ish

Anyway, wheels will be standard F12 in glossy black. I've seen that before on grigio and believe this is perfect match. I looked into f12 tdf, bc they would had fit without spacer but don't like the look. I prefer standard F12 over tdf but that's maybe very personal choice. Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    What brand are those? Hope not H&R. Have seen them both warp and crack as they lack steel inserts in the holes. Very unsafe. Hill Engineering is the way to go. Affordable, yet top level quality with steel inserts.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

8. chris0315

chris0315 Karting

Jul 11, 2014
    Full Name:
    Christoph
  9. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    The F12 TdF/812 ‘race’ wheels are what I’m scoping out at the minute - I love the look. It’s very classy and understated. As you say, it’s a personal choice. I think colour has a lot to do with it as my car is Pozzi Blu and the contrast with silver wheels and calipers works well. I can see how it wouldn’t work so well on Grigio FF.

chris0315 likes this.
  10. chris0315

chris0315 Karting

Jul 11, 2014
    Full Name:
    Christoph
    So. Today was the day.
    Ceramic coating gyeon! Lucky me, one of my guys from Germany was over here and he is an expert in this stuff. Learned a lot of things today. Incredible how easy things are if you know how it works! I'm quite sure I'll do the wife's Macan myself later the year.
    I concentrated on the easy stuff such as the box and black pieces. Im trying to black out all the grills and stuff. Took me forever to get the Cavallino dismounted. I try dip it but it is not satisfying. I think I buy some black ones from ebay instead. It's not as easy as I thought.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

ANOpax likes this.
  11. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    Is that a clay bar you’re using on the front grille?

12. chris0315

chris0315 Karting

Jul 11, 2014
    Full Name:
    Christoph
  13. chris0315

chris0315 Karting

Jul 11, 2014
    Full Name:
    Christoph
  14. chris0315

chris0315 Karting

Jul 11, 2014
    Full Name:
    Christoph
    otakki and tomc like this.
  15. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    Look at you! So happy! We all had the same face back then.

chris0315 likes this.
  16. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
  17. chris0315

chris0315 Karting

Jul 11, 2014
    Full Name:
    Christoph
    thanks... not sure about the CF Shields. I do like the yellow contrasts, especially with the yellow calibers.
    Out of curiosity, where do i get the CF Shields and how complicated is it to put them on?

18. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Looks much better !

19. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    Those wheels look great on your car. What size are the spacers and tyres?

20. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Your dealer can order cf shields. Install is a pain. They are bolted on from the back, so fender liners need to come out.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

chris0315 and tomc like this.
  21. johnr265

johnr265 Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2010
    Mid-Atlantic
    Please post a sound clip of the x pipe once installed, at rest and driving. Would love to hear how it sounds.

22. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I can post mine. The difference is as minimal, which is why I added an exhaust since then.

Stock:

Stock Driven:

Capristo x pipe cold start:

The FF sounds great but more outside than inside, the cabin isolated IMO which means u then got have a loud car to enjoy it.
    My old Testarossa was less loud outside but more enjoyable inside bc less isolated and closer to engine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chris0315, johnr265 and IloveGT like this.
  23. Fast Poke

Fast Poke Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 31, 2019
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I have a Capristo X-pipe installed on mine along with the rear Capristo boxes and Forza valve controller.
    You don't really notice much until you open the valves. Once you open the valves you can definitely notice more of a rumble in the cabin and a more throaty note. Still screams up top... nothing like Novitec but perfect for me.

johnr265 likes this.
  24. chris0315

chris0315 Karting

Jul 11, 2014
    Full Name:
    Christoph
    Thanks guys! And thanks for the videos.
    I do find x pipe and valve controller perfect for me. I still have a newborn on the back seat so my perception may change down the road. And I agree, the biggest issue is the cabin being isolated like a S-class Mercedes! I'm a little bit disappointed, I just wish the sound would be more present on the inside. However, I definitely will not go down with boxes and stuff. This is too much on the outside for me. I really enjoy the FF for being somewhat of an underdog in the super car game. I don't want more attention than it is. When I have the window down it is actually way more than any GT3 or what the heck. Again, the isolation inside is the issue.

I'm working on a sound file and drive by clip. Again, the little one is keeping us busy.

Wheels are F12 wheels with standard dimension tires 245 and 295 20 inch. I have 15 mm spacers in the back. Not sure why this was required since there is plenty of space to the brake but I got told I would need them so I didn't asked.

ANOpax and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.