My newly acquired F40 replica | Page 3 | FerrariChat

My newly acquired F40 replica

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by F40 replica guy, Dec 12, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BigAl

BigAl F1 Veteran

Mar 17, 2002
    TX
    Full Name:
    GSgt Hartman
    really....he's kidding right?

2. F40 replica guy

F40 replica guy Karting

Dec 9, 2005
    Portland
    Full Name:
    Brian Jeremiah

Ooops sorry I forgot to expound on that thought.

The reason I would choose the fake is I couldn't live with ymself having a $400k car just sitting around while people in situations with not much hope of improving could be helped with lifechanging aid and ministry. I like the unusual Italian look but I would rather have the look with a car that is daily drivable and doesn't require periodic $30k overhauls. On Ebay you see cars with under 15k miles that have just had a $20k service done on them ... in my opinion they should make better cars. Cars that don't require service so often. But then again I don't know everything really. Very soon I will have my choice of owning an entry level F-car (308 or an old testarossa etc..) but I will instead choose a fake with a well built and tuned 350 engine and good quality inerior. I might even pay close to as much for my replica, say $30k for a real one or maybe $25k for a top quality replica. But I will have a car with much higher reliability and if it does break down I can fix it myself or get it fixed in any town anywhere in the country.

I would definitely not hold that standard to anyone else as I really do admire the real ones but for me I would rather have reliability and send the extra to a group that helps troubled kids or whatever.

3. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir

A superb F40, can be had for quite a bit less than 400K. Most exotics are reliable, if they are properly maintained, and driven at least semi-regularly. It does not cost 30K, for a periodic overhaul.

The entry level F cars, require much less maintainance than the F-40. The F-40 is not a typical first Ferrari. You like to do your own maintainance ? Their are quite a few F car owners, who also like to do their own maintainance. That is nothing unusual.

30K for a replica ? You will most likely lose quite a bit of money, when you decide to sell the car. A nice 308/328 can be an enjoyable experience. You can get in and out very easy. If you do your own maintainance, you most likely can actually turn a profit.

4. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    This is a troll. Why don't you post on a charity site that you wasted 11 grand on a replica of a Ferrari?

5. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    Like those "Real Dolls" ? ;)

6. Perfusion

Perfusion F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2004
    Marietta, GA
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Can't wait to see pics!

7. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    Good luck with your car.

My question is, if you want to stand out, then why not make your own kit car, not based on an exisiting car, but your own creation? Something truly unusual? Why copy someone else's design.

The heart of a ferrari is the engine, and without that, you just have a nice looking car.

I say, rather than duplicate someone else's design, make your own. Do something different.

Dom

8. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    You said you had 10,000 pictures of every angle I believe. Post one of those.

9. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    The big expense with replica owner's, that they never seem to calculate, is their personal time.

The time required to put the entire project together.

10. F40 replica guy

F40 replica guy Karting

Dec 9, 2005
    Portland
    Full Name:
    Brian Jeremiah
    I don't have the first idea of how to make my own car ..

I don't have pics of My car only the real thing ...

My car will be in later tonight or tomorrow so pics will be forthcoming ...

I am not a troll. Trolls don't put their real website and name in a post ...

I wish I had waited until I had the car back to post as I would have photos, I didn 't think people would care too much for photos .. I was wrong :)

11. dbw

dbw Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2005
    palo alto ca
    Full Name:
    dave
    boy has this guy got you folks....i doubt that there will ever be any pics [i think the car has to go in for tires next]...with a few keystrokes this fellow has pushed the proper button and opened the flood gates..i'm rather enjoying the results.

12. Westworld

Westworld Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004
    You should talk to John...

13. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    WTF?

If only Pininfarina could have found you earlier.....

I sincerely think you would have been much better off just getting a Fiero to begin with.

I saw a nice one last Saturday and actually admired it as a very well kept up, nice Fiero. I admired it for what it was.

Yours, is just kind of sad. Fake vents, fake exhaust, etc. Yikes

14. mark328

mark328 Guest

Jul 30, 2005
    Mi
    Full Name:
    Mark
    The money that you give to ywam.org do you really know where that money is going. In my line of work I ran across another christian/mission organization years ago and the minister actually had a Ferrari in his collection.

15. F40 replica guy

F40 replica guy Karting

Dec 9, 2005
    Portland
    Full Name:
    Brian Jeremiah
    #65 F40 replica guy, Dec 12, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  16. traimpz348

traimpz348 Formula 3

Apr 13, 2004
    Avon,CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    I find it funny that you say you would donate your money instead of spending on an exotic car. Like your doing something better with your money.

The money you spent on your replica is stealing a design from a company. They are not getting paid for the vision and talents.

Shame on you for throwing in a morale argument for your replica purchase.

17. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    Hmmm...... I may have a little something to contribute here. It looks like the guy is legit enough, no obvious troll signs using the mod tools. I dunno anything about the particular dealership that is named on the receipt he posted pics of but I know that area well and there are a lot of small used car dealers on McLaughlin Blvd that I could imagine selling a replica F40. I will be in Portland in a couple weeks so maybe I could meet Brian and see the car firsthand.

As for the preference of a replica over the real thing.... well if that's his thing then so be it. There are a lot of weirder people on this board. I'm actually quite interesting in seeing this thing, I have seen a bunch of real F40s and Rick gave me a ride in his. I have never seen a fake F40 in real life and I bet most of you haven't either, I think you are all just jealous because he has the most unique car on the board. I highly suggest everyone check out The Official Fake Ferrari spotters thread!

18. F40 replica guy

F40 replica guy Karting

Dec 9, 2005
    Portland
    Full Name:
    Brian Jeremiah
    Hey Mark .. my phone number is posted on the receipt and I should have the car back tonight. The interior is unfinished but I would be very happy to meet up with you and get an opinion. If the receipt is not clear enough you can always visit my homepage listed for me and my numbers are there.

19. stugots

stugots Formula Junior

Jan 12, 2004
    PDX
    Full Name:
    B T L
    I'm in town...

Would love to see it, maybe I can hook up with MarkPDX's mom and go for a ride?

J/K Mark, it's all Carbon's fault-

20. F40 replica guy

F40 replica guy Karting

Dec 9, 2005
    Portland
    Full Name:
    Brian Jeremiah
    You got my number .. anytime :)

21. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    Stugots, please take and post pictures....

Of PDX's mom!

22. stugots

stugots Formula Junior

Jan 12, 2004
    PDX
    Full Name:
    B T L
    10-4

What was her number PDX?

(note to self, bring Jagermeister for best quality photo opportunity...)

23. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    I couldn't either. That would mean I got screwed (F40s go more $350k) and that I only have one car. Both are totally unacceptable conditions.

And while we're at it, I'd rather pay 400k to a company, who pays hundreds of workers (engineers, designers, mechanics ... everyone) to actually make something different, rather than giving 10k to some leecher with no imagination. Similarly, I'd enjoy giving 30k for an overhaul to a local mechanic (and his family!) rather than 10k to some 3rd world country because I know for a fact everything goes into the pockets of high-ranking leaders.

If you ask me, buying cheap carbon-copy scrapyard salvaged cars is the socially least responsible thing to do ...

But hey, you seem to enjoy yourself, so I'm not gonna spoil it all. I just disagree. :)

24. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast

Eh..... you are too young for her..... oh, you mean like a ride in her Corvette? You should hear the things Carbon says..... I really don't care what people might say because it means I can talk smack about their mom/wife/sister whatever and although some people may use more dirty words I can usually come up with something more psychologically shocking:D

BTW.... did you hear Michael J. Fox is gonna be in the new James Bond movie?

(keep quiet Carbon, let them figure it out)

25. stugots

stugots Formula Junior

Jan 12, 2004
    PDX
    Full Name:
    B T L
    Not to Hijack (guess I already did)...

When do you get in town PDX?

PM me, drinks are on me-