News

My Route 66 adventure:

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Gatorrari, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I suppose anything with decent fuel mileage, cruise control and a decent trunk will work. The important thing is to give yourself time - a minimum of 7 days, with more being better - and have a copy of Jerry McClanahan's "EZ66 Guide" with you at all times. You can learn more at https://www.facebook.com/groups/846509458891412/.

G. Pepper likes this.
  2. tomc

tomc F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I've driven most of 66, albeit not at once and in segments, cruise control when you get out west would be a definite plus. I'd add a fully charged cell phone and top level AAA membership...T

3. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Probably a good idea. The stretch west of Seligman, where you are well away from I-40, feels pretty remote at times, ditto for the stretch thru Oatman and even between Barstow and Needles.

4. Natkingcolebasket69

Rossa Subscribed

Great post! Love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. albkid

albkid Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2016
    Full Name:
    Jim
    On our move west from VA, wife and I stopped in Seligman, AZ for lunch in mid December. During our meal, three cowboys, and I mean real wranglers, stopped in for their meals. I would have guessed the three men were in their early 30s.

Their attire was right out of any period western film from the 19th century, and their winter clothing showed all the earmarks of being heavily abused. Likewise, their faces were brown and leathery.

We knew we had reached the real West.