My thoughts on "ricers" | Page 2 | FerrariChat

My thoughts on "ricers"

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Seth, Apr 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SkizoACE

SkizoACE Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2004
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Whatever dude, ****ing shoot me. Im not racist against any Asains, my girlfriend is Asian. Calm your britches son.

2. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

Ahh gotcha. See since I am on T3, I catch most of the stuff.

LOL @ 20 mph one. ;)

3. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    "Dixie" Grow up, or come back when you are more mature. Your age has nothing to do with your actions. We have younger members that act better then you.

4. SkizoACE

SkizoACE Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2004
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Uh, yes they do, let me see what they posted.

5. SkizoACE

SkizoACE Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2004
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Ok.

6. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Because most of society is closed-minded and hateful... Don't you just love america...?

7. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

Well I think you are misguided in your analysis. The f40 with a wing serves a purpose where a honda civic with one does not. Thus comparing those two is not correct.

I think there is a bit of baiting going on, are you born in 1986 and drive an import and want to know why civics are hated? Thats is where I think this thread came from.

Nonetheless my personal experience in the culture is that, these people don't buy civics to make them fast or they don't think civics are god's gift to cars.

They buy the civics, at least I did, because it is a cheap reliable car. THen I wanted to make it go faster, added a turbo, wheels, suspension settings. I used to take to SCCA every weekend and Drag Racing on friday nights at LACR.
    It was a reliable platform to build on.

However the culture has gotten mixed in with many people. You have a new generation coming in buying a civic and thinks that it is the fastest thing in the world, and are doing very ugly mods to their cars that are NOT functional, thus people get annoyed, stereotype them, and then they get annoyed and put bigger exhaust..and the cycle perpetuates itself.

8. Auraraptor

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Seth, it is quite simple, Ferraris when modded (on this site at least) Are done so for performance. We don't

1. put 10000 dollar stereos and BS junk in the car. (like tvs PS2s etc)
    2. Add useless junk on the outside with no function

If someone mods their car for performance, I, as well as most here, respect them.

If someone wastes $ putting a fancy interior in their car, we laugh at them. You might remember the osterish 512m....

9. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

There is no such thing as the degree you listed! Grow up before you start lying. I may be Asian but I can read and know that they don't offer such degrees.

If your friend has that then I have a Biology degree in Criminal Justice.

10. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Wow! Friday night F chat fights. I'm making the popcorn now.

11. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

One more thing is that you are stereotyping Ferrari owners. F cars in general are one of the nicest bunch of people you will ever know. They don't all think "ricers" are stupid. Ferrari owners are performance minded mostly and appreciate performance cars. There are many members here who have owned Toyota SUpras or Nsx's and other Japanese cars. You bring a BPU Supra with 700HP and you will get respect from this board.

What this board and most performance minded individuals don't respect is a 1999 Civic Si with 160 Hp, with one exhaust and an intake and a 4 foot wing, revving at every single stop light, music blasting trying to race Ferraris all the time.

There is a difference between being mature and crossing the line.

12. Seth

Seth Formula 3

Feb 8, 2004
    Texas
    i dont know if my orginal message was sent out... i dont have an import/ well a german one...

and i was comparing what these people do, to what people did in the past and like you said LAfun2 you modded civics and what not, and are now onto bigger things (ferraris i think correct me if im wrong...) what i was saying is that todays "kids" are into the imports because it is cheap and you can go fast, much like the muscle cars were, which i think recived the same amount of critizism as todays imports do... and i was trying to relate that to some other f-chatters who have corvettes and muscle cars,

the thing that brought this up in my mind was the people bashing the lammrossa(sp?) i think its an odd car, and that the silver engine is a bit much, but i wouldnt go so far as asking the person why he is still here

another point this morining on the show on speed (car crazy)with the Meguire(sp) guy now has a segment devoted the import scene, which did look funny, but he said something like these people are the future of the automotive world/scene and they should still be appreciated...

13. SkizoACE

SkizoACE Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2004
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Hows that workin out for ya?

14. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

Yeah you are wrong. No Ferraris for me, I am still a ricer, I now mod Suzukis, Lexus', Minis. ;)

People bash him because he is making his Toyota a Ferrari=real rice. Be happy with what you have, don't try to make your Honda into a Ferrari. The bashing he receives is completely deserved.

THey are the future, because they are the new generation with money.

15. Seth

Seth Formula 3

Feb 8, 2004
    Texas
    ok i was wrong with the lammrossa Ive realized its a kit/coversion, im trying to focus on modding...

16. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Now, Ryan, i respectfully disagree with that; why does he deserve the bashing he's getting...? i had Scuderia badges on my Sebring (until someone stole them)... i also have two Ferrari emblem stickers on the back, on either side of the license plate, a rear Ferrari license plate frame and a front Ferrari vanity license plate... Does that make me a "ricer" or someone in need of a bashing...?

17. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

Its a kit from Home Depot ;)

18. SkizoACE

SkizoACE Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2004
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    They are. How many Hondas or Acuras have you not seen with the prison-anus pipe, and the altezza lights, and the 747 wing, and the decals, and the shimmering paint?

Not many.

There everywhere.

19. Auraraptor

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Again almost no one will bash someone here for modding their car, but almost everyone WILL bash someone for irking them the wrong way about what is to most here their favorite marque.

20. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

I don't want to answer your question. In my personal opinion, he is making his toyota into a ferrari which is a ricer mod. He should be happy with his Toyota, a Supra is no slouch.

Maybe I should put some Ducati badges on my Mini, and a Lamborghini decal on my Lexus. :D

We can agree to disagree. :)

21. Auraraptor

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    NNO, you don't come on saying that your Sebring is better then the 3x8 series and bashing older Ferraris, then only to come back and say you are an enthusiast...

22. RacerX_GTO

RacerX_GTO F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Gabe V.
    Here is a classic i saved a while back, a "ricer" mouths off in the Corvette forums.... a Corvette owner had to set the lad straight :

You know its sad every single Si driver (they all initiate, I never want to race a civic but I’ll happily give them a lesson) I've slapped silly with my Corvette. All I get is a middle finger or the "small engine/smaller budget whine" or "just cause your faster doesn’t mean anything (even though I’m all about going fast)". I'm sure half of you don't care about this, but you guys are all *******s anyway, so listen up.
    Before I got serious modifications, I raced a 2000 Viper GTS, I got beat, not astonishingly, but I got soundly beat, and we gave each other a thumbs up, and in my head I gave some respect to the king of acceleration {(in stock form anyway) of any car that you don’t need a huge waiting list to get}. I didn't go on the message board and go "oh no my engine is smaller and my car cost 1/3 of his and I can’t afford that insurance and I’m not spoiled or filthy rich, and it doesn’t matter I could beat anyone else", no I just realized his car was better at performance. Me and my Corvette friends all act the same when beaten. I think my car is good for the price and is more comfortable, but its no Viper and I don’t try to act like I’m better than Viper drivers.
    But SI people and their crappy cars with prices in the teens think they have the ultimate performance vehicles. You try to tell them that a car has better performance, and they’ll through all this stuff about a smaller engine, how they cant afford insurance. Yet somehow they can eat out all the time, buy lavish gifts for their girlfriends, and that their car is lighter and with only a "few thousand dollars" in mods they could wreck a Vette.
    This thought doesn’t occur to me when I lose to a Viper or a Porche turbo. I don’t yell at 911 Turbo owners, "well I have a family and kids to go to college and I just had bad luck in the corporate ladder so your actually lower than me". Its stupid and childish. Only white trash Si owners spew crap like this to Mustang and Fbody owners.

"I’m not spoiled" give me a break, stop eating such expensive food and wasting your money on worthless crap like tint and tin can exhaust pipes and you could get enough money for a real car anytime. And don’t blame us for being successful, its not our faults your idiots and can’t land a good job.
    I’m sure someone will lay the "styling" piece on me. Where "civics styling is so awesome a Corvette is butt ugly!" Well fine, then either throw in ALOT of mods to your civic, or drive a civic when your "styling" and a v8 when your "racing". Don’t run 15-16 second time slips against my 11 seconds and think your fast!
    What do I want out of you guys? Either don't pick fights with real sports cars, or when you do, respect us when you lose. If you somehow do beat us, than we’ll give our hats off to you, for you’re in the elite 1% of your cars who actually know something about performance mods.
    But to the others, who are sitting here scratching their heads going "wait a sec! we have real sports cars!" THIS IS A WAKEUP CALL, you drive HONDAS, they make cheap cars, they have a luxury branch and civics sure as hell aren’t in it. Matter of fact, in the Honda list of cheap cars, the Civic is the CHEAPEST OF THEM ALL. THE ONLY CARS CHEAPER THAN YOURS ARE SOUTH KOREAN CARS THAT FALL APART IN 2 DAYS. Everyone and their mother drives a Civic. Including the Civic Sis, your not fast, special or even respectable. No matter how much tint, affix fake nitrious stickers, tin can exhaust tips, ridiculous spoilers, cheesy rims, lowering kits you add onto your car, its still a cheap passenger car for old people.
    Now go put some stickers on your car to gain some more horsepower.

23. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LOL... Agreed...

...however (i just can never keep my mouth shut:D), my Sebring is no slouch, either (compared to every other car i've owned)... However, it's okay to want more, so badging my car as a Ferrari or going balls to the wall and making a complete replica (even out of a Supra) is okay, too; it just shows your love and passion for the marque in your own way...

24. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

Maybe I should start calling you names since I disagree with you like some people ;)

Hey whatever floats your boat :)