For those who may have been following my exploits of doing a full service on my Testarossa, I would like to submit the latest pics showing progress made so far. Yesterday I made new plug wires, cleaned the dist. caps, and assembled everything onto the motor. I bought wire in bulk as well as the crimp connectors locally - now there's a switch! Instead of using the old wire lengths I placed them on the motor itself and cut them to the length that gave the cleanest installation. Then brought everything into the house to sit in front of the TV and watch my favorite car-related shows. It is quite a time consuming job for a TR. IMPORTANT TIP: After making each wire I measured the resistance to see that everything was okay, normally you'd think that would be sufficient. But when I screwed the wires into the dist. caps the connection was not always good, on 5 out of 12 wires I had to snip and re-attach them until I got a good ohm reading. I also had to source a carbon button for one cap as it was practically disolved. I got one from a Mercury Tracer cap and had to sand it slightly to fit, and made a spring from a ballpoint pen. Again very tedious work but cheap...rare on anything Ferrari. The last thing to do on the motor is make and install gaskets for the oil return lines at the bottom of the cam covers. I have 2 exhaust systems, one will be left stock. The other I'm thinking of hacking up into a free flowing system the hollowed precats and cats, and then going out the back of the car...havent' worked out all the details yet. Please excuse the messy shop as I've been so focused on getting the motor done I haven't made time to clean things up. Also note all the new fasteners...and the old crappy ones. I had to buy new as you just can't get first rate results any other way. I would like to describe each picture with text, but the "preview post" option doesn't seem to show the pics in the post text as in the old system, so I'm not sure how to manipulate them...so I'm spelling it all out here with all the pics below...I hope!