355 - My Unicorn Spec F355 GTS with CF Sport Seats | Page 3 | FerrariChat

355 My Unicorn Spec F355 GTS with CF Sport Seats

Discussion in '348/355' started by Closingtime, Jun 29, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Closingtime

Closingtime Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 1, 2020
    Thank you and congrats on your recent purchase! Is it a Euro or U.S./Canadian car?

2. U-Boat Commander

U-Boat Commander Formula 3

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
    INTMD8, 308 GTB, Suffyk and 2 others like this.
  3. Closingtime

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 1, 2020
    Stunning car! I love the Daytona style inserts. Were your seats originally red/black? I'll add you to the sport seat database: Manual transmission and where in the U.S. are you located? Thanks

4. U-Boat Commander

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
    I don't know the original color as they had already been recovered in tan before I bought them. I had them recovered with Connolley 3171, which was the red used at the time and just so happened to work well with Rosso Barchetta.

Closingtime likes this.
  5. Closingtime

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 1, 2020
    I thought I recognized that car. I believe it was owned by @Dogdish on here and came out of Colorado. Which year is it so I can update the records?

6. U-Boat Commander

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
    It's a '96 but I don't know Dogdish and I think you're thinking of a different car.

7. Closingtime

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 1, 2020
    This is the only other Rosso Barchetta GTS in my database with Daytona style seats. The thread is from 14 years ago, so it's possible that the car has changed hands and the interior has been revised or maybe I'm wrong and the seats were sold and ended up in your car. I only have VIN #s for 60% of the vehicles.

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/sport-seats-pricing.223199/

8. Suffyk

Suffyk Formula Junior

May 25, 2012
    @Closingtime - can you let us know how many vehicles you have in database with sport seats, and what the breakdown is between the variants (coupe, gts, F1, manual, color, etc)

Thanks!

9. bertrand328

bertrand328 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2015
    France
    Full Name:
    Bertrand
    So this is ZFFXR41B000105027 delivered new in Switzerland and then imported to France. Hope we will have exchange about database soon

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Closingtime, INTMD8 and ShineKen like this.
  10. U-Boat Commander

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
    Those are not my seats. I bought them from an FChatter. But they were diamond pattern when I got them.

Closingtime likes this.
  11. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    ewwwww.

12. U-Boat Commander

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
    Yeah.

13. Closingtime

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 1, 2020
    Here is a quick rundown of my database so far. I will make a separate thread as per Ken's request:

- 63 Total Vehicles (including 1 that was totaled as per the F355 Registry and the sport seats were removed prior to the auction photos)
    - 37 Berlinetta/25 GTS (1 unknown - Madturk posted a photo of a black/tan RHD car, but I can't tell if it's a Berlinetta or GTS)
    - 45 LHD/18 RHD (1 vehicle was listed in the F355 Registry as being in the U.K., so I marked it down as RHD)
    - 49 Manual/14 F1 (2 manual conversions - Tarek's Rosso Corsa GTS and Senshi358's GTS) - I don't have complete data on Manual vs F1, so this is estimated
    - 29 Rosso Corsa/9 Giallo/8 Nero/6 Silver/2 Rosso Barchetta/2 Nero Carbonio/1 Le Mans Blue/1 Azzuro Dino/1 Blu Pozzi/1 Blu Swaters/1 Metallic Hyperion Blue/1 Blu Scuro (1 unknown color) If I didn't have the exact color, I grouped the colors together by overall color like silver and giallo

Thank you for the information. Stunning interior and it looks very familiar ;). My car visited Switzerland, so maybe there are photos of them together? I wish I had a pre-airbag wheel, but otherwise, our interiors look nearly identical. Are your black contrasting pads leather or alcantara?

The Daytona inserts look much better. Did you buy Apex97's seats?

bertrand328 and Suffyk like this.
  14. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    There is another RHD GTS in South Africa with these seats, will see if I can find pictures/more details. I am fairly sure its the only one in SA with those seats barring a Challenge car.

Closingtime likes this.
  15. Suffyk

Suffyk Formula Junior

May 25, 2012
  16. bertrand328

bertrand328 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2015
    France
    Full Name:
    Bertrand

17. GLENN@TEAM AI

GLENN@TEAM AI Karting
    Sponsor

Jun 8, 2018
    Full Name:
    Glenn Butler
    Here is another one to add, a 1997 Giallo Manual GTS, ZFFXR42B000108795. Originally delivered to Germany, it’s on the boat to USA now. Once it arrives, we will do a major service on the car and might throw it on BAT after enjoying it for a few months

18. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    KEEP IT

19. Closingtime

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 1, 2020
    Congrats on the purchase! I might have this one in my database already (but didn't know the VIN #) if it's the one that was for sale at Autohaus Blöchl GmbH.

20. C'dwic

C'dwic Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 23, 2021
    France
    Ceci est le mien de Monaco Rosso corsa manuel 6 vitesses, 1999, 14600 kms

Attached Files:

Closingtime likes this.
  21. Closingtime

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 1, 2020
    Thank you for sharing. You own a very special car. Most of the '99s in my database are F1 or are being converted to manual. The pre-airbag wheel suits the car perfectly. I would love to pick one up for my car.

C'dwic likes this.
  22. MAD828

MAD828 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 8, 2011
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Elliott Caras
    The seats are were not factory equipped though, added later.

Closingtime likes this.
  23. GLENN@TEAM AI

GLENN@TEAM AI Karting
    Sponsor

Jun 8, 2018
    Full Name:
    Glenn Butler
    Yes, mine is/was the Autohaus Blochl car.

Closingtime likes this.
  24. C'dwic

C'dwic Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 23, 2021
    France
    Correct

25. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    Assuming you are in the US. Where did you find this example!? Amazing spec.

There was a similar spec F1 GTS that I missed a few years ago. I thought it was the same car until I saw that this is a manual. You have an F1 twin out there somewhere (I assume it's still in the North East somewhere)

Congrats and amazing find!