My very loving wife surprised me on Christmas day | FerrariChat

My very loving wife surprised me on Christmas day

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Buzz48317, Dec 27, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Buzz48317

Buzz48317 F1 Rookie

Dec 5, 2005
    Shelby Twp., MI
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I have been 'rebuilding' my old Ruger 10/22 for the past 3 years. Now, when I say 'rebuilding' I really mean that I spent 2 years thinking about it then I decided that I would disassemble the darned thing to motivate myself into building it into a tack driving trainer for myself. And then life happened and the rifle sat, in pieces, for the past year.

I have mentioned in passing to my wife (generally when she asks me why the rifle is in parts all over her basement) that I want to build this into something that I really like shooting and that can help me be a better shooter with the guns that cost me more money to shoot. I can only assume that she conspired with my shooting buddy to sort out the PERFECT Christmas gift for me. On Saturday morning I opened up a KID 2 stage trigger (black assembly, red curved trigger, 8 oz/1 lb let offs, speed magazine release).

It is EXACTLY how I would have ordered it and she never asked me about it. So I can only assume that she conspired with my buddy about this gift, it's either that or I talk in my sleep...either way I now know that my secrets are not safe in my own home.

The engineering that is evident in this trigger have convinced me that I will probably source other parts for this build from KID and now I have something to spend my time and money for in 2011.

Now I need to start hinting for a 458 in Rosso Scud. :)

2. 8 SNAKE

8 SNAKE F1 Veteran

Jan 5, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Now that you have one of the best trigger groups, what are you going to build around it??

I built my 10/22 a couple of years ago with similar goals. I put a Volquartsen snake-fluted barrel on the factory receiver, added a few cosmetic goodies and an accuracy kit (adjustable V-block, adjustable tensioning system, etc). I put it all in a Richard's Microfit thumbhole stock and put a Burris 3-9x scope on top. I haven't gotten around to the trigger group, but the KID you have is very likely what I will go with.