My Visit To The Ferrari Of Washington Dealer!!! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

My Visit To The Ferrari Of Washington Dealer!!!

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by Juggernaut84, Jan 10, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    i stand corrected, sorry jack.

2. vetconstruction

vetconstruction Formula Junior

Aug 10, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Michael A. Whitlow
    Keith,
    I once visited the dealer and.....I enjoyed myself-the woman at the center counter actually spent 45 minutes talking to us about the cars and the way they do BIZ-I didn't get to sit in anything either but......I know the feeling you had as you looked around.
    As I get closer to actually buying my dream car, I think I'm going to go up to Competizione-I have heard amazing things about this place from everyone on the board.
    Semper Fi

3. Cwavery9209

Cwavery9209 Karting

Oct 5, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    Full Name:
    Charles
    I can not even thank you enough for your service to this country and I hope you get a ferrari very soon!

4. Juggernaut84

Juggernaut84 Guest

Dec 22, 2007
    Somewhere in Cali
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Thanks again guys for your support. It's people like you who keep us going and continue to defend our way of life. I just reenlisted for another 4 years, and will prolly do a tour to the sandbox soon. And my passion for Ferrari's will continue to grow as it has been. And I'll continue to keep working hard for this country and for all of you. But either way, I'm planning on coming back up to the NOVA area again soon to visit the FOW guys again. And again, to hopefully meet some of you all.

5. shahedc

shahedc Formula 3

Jun 4, 2007
    Washington DC

I saw the sign at FOW as well, so I just assumed that you can't ask to touch the cars.

The day I went up front, they were already closed, so I didn't get a chance to go inside. The sign discouraged me, so I didn't bother to go again during business hours.

Realistically, it might be 2009 before I get my first Ferrari. I passed over the opportunity to get a 348 Spider in 2006, when I opted to get a 2007 SLK instead, for a higher price. I hope to get something newer than a 348 by 2009... maybe a 355 or 360 at least.

On a related note: I saw some nice cars in DC this weekend, at "The Park". Were any of you there? (F430, Gallardo Spyder, Maserati QP, AM V8 Vantage and at least 3 Maybachs)

I'll post the pics in its own thread. (I also saw a Diablo and a 360 around the block, but didn't get a chance to take pics of those)

~shahedc

p.s. here's the other thread:
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?p=137376426

6. toggie

toggie F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Toggie (Ron)
    I think FOW keeps most of their cars with their doors locked in the showroom.
    So, the car alarm typically goes off when someone tries to open a door without the assistance of a sales person.

The sales people are very friendly (Ralph, Augie, Bob, Jack, etc.), so just ask one of them if you can see inside one of the cars if you want.
    Pictures of Ralph and Augie are here: http://www.fwash.com/fwash/con-tea.htm
    Bob: http://www.fwash.com/lwash/pur-tea.htm
    Jack: http://www.fwash.com/mwash/pur-tea.htm

If you go on a weekday, it is normally not too busy in there and they can take some time and chat with you.

Saturday afternoons can be a busy time at the dealership. Some people bring their smaller kids to see the cars on Saturday, which often works out fine if they stay close to the parents, but sometimes it keeps the staff busy keeping a watchful eye out for a little too much "car touching" going on (I think this is the main resaon for that sign on the door).

FOW is one of those dealerships where the workers share your enthusiasm for the brand. If you're not familiar with the cars, they'll take the time to talk about them. After all, their main business is to eventually sell you a car.

They get a wide variety of visitors, so you're highly unlikely to be the richest (or poorest) customer they've met, nor the most famous, nor the youngest or oldest. The best approach is to introduce yourself to one of the sales people and tell them your situation, that is, why you like Ferraris and when, if ever, you can see yourself owning one.

7. shahedc

shahedc Formula 3

Jun 4, 2007
    Washington DC
    Thanks.. so it's ok if I give them my 2009 date? :)

~shahedc

8. mswiek

mswiek Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2004
    By all means tell them your 2009 date !! Nothing at all to be concerned, ashamed, or embarassed about. These are rare and special cars in the grand scheme of things. Purchasing one, especially a first one should be done with care and reason. There is nothing wrong with getting to know the cars, the dealership and community at yuor own pace and over time. FoW's understanding of this and willingness to educate their customers is the chief reason I am driving a Ferrari and not a Porsche.

I have always found the showroom staff to be welcoming, accomodating and gracious. They will always devote as much time as they have to you, and do love these cars, and cool cars in general. While they have always been more than accomodating in showing me cars in the showroom, they are also very careful of those cars, some of which are there on consignment from owners. These are, after all, precious and rare cars, not to say expensive. The showroom should not be treated as an amusement park and the sales staff at times must deal with the challenge of keeping things in proper order when things get busy with the quite common Saturday afternoon mix of real customers and those just coming to look and enjoy -- maybe with their kids. A couple of times when I have asked to see a particular car more "up close and personal" one of the sales people may ask if I can wait for a few minutes until the showroom gets a little less busy. Not unreasonable. It really is a place where you cna go nad relax and enjoy the cars as well as teh company of some nice folks, both among the sales staff and the customer base.

9. shahedc

shahedc Formula 3

Jun 4, 2007
    Washington DC
    ok thanks... can I get in touch with the FoW staff through this website? Do they post here?

Also, are any of you planning on going to FoW anytime soon? Maybe I can go on the same day, so I can also ask a few questions, and you can give me some suggestions/advice, etc.

Thanks,
    Shahed

10. SGM

SGM F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2006
    Rockville, MD
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Ralph will post on here, he is the salesman that I bought my Gallardo from. If you ever get a chance you need to ride with him. He will drive the wheels right off of the car!!

11. SGM

SGM F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2006
    Rockville, MD
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I too would like to thank you for your service and for keeping our country safe. The Reston spring thaw event has a great variety of cars, if you can you should try to make it.

12. shahedc

shahedc Formula 3

Jun 4, 2007
    Washington DC
    Alrighty then.. I will ask for Ralph, since I have a personal recommendation now. Let me know if you want your first name mentioned as a reference... thanks!

~shahedc

13. SGM

SGM F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2006
    Rockville, MD
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Thats fine with me.....

14. Juggernaut84

Juggernaut84 Guest

Dec 22, 2007
    Somewhere in Cali
    Full Name:
    Keith
    I'm aiming at hopefully being back from my deployment in time for the spring thaw. I can try and get the Cobra up and running and bring it out. But if not, that's fine because I'll be able to meet some of you there. I'm gonna prolly subscribe to this forum and register for the Mid Atlantic Region so that I can start attending more the events you guys hold. I heard alot of good things about the Summit Point race day you guys have and would love to attend that. And thanks again for your support of what we do.

15. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    PM me your email address and let us when when you get deployed. I am sure a bunch of us can send you pics and words of encouragement while your over there...You can have something to look forward to when you get back...

16. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    What a refreshing thread. Thank you Keith , its nice to see this kind of enthusiasm .

17. Juggernaut84

Juggernaut84 Guest

Dec 22, 2007
    Somewhere in Cali
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Thank you, I'm very glad to be here talking to owners like you.

18. Juggernaut84

Juggernaut84 Guest

Dec 22, 2007
    Somewhere in Cali
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Man if it wasn't for the snow this weekend, I'd head back up to the NOVA area. Maybe next week I'll be back at FOW.

19. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Keith---Screw the snow. It isn't supposed to amount to much. Slide over to Allsports Sunday!! There will be a bunch of Fchatters there for the Karting event!! See the thread in this section for details...

20. shahedc

shahedc Formula 3

Jun 4, 2007
    Washington DC
    What time are y'all going to AllSports?

I am going on Tuesday with friends, but I can be there on Sunday as well !

~shahedc

21. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    3pm for a meet and dinner---we drive at 5pm..

22. shahedc

shahedc Formula 3

Jun 4, 2007
    Washington DC
    can i attend the meet/dinner as well, or should I just show up at AllSports at 5?

thanks,
    ~shahedc

23. shahedc

shahedc Formula 3

Jun 4, 2007
    Washington DC
    *Bump *

Just wanted to bump this up just in case anyone is checking the forum before the weekend...

If I don't see a response here, I'll just go to straight to AllSports on Sunday..

Later,
    ~shahedc

24. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Funny, I responded to your post but it never showed up. Sure----Yea we are meeting at Allsports at 3pm then off to grab some food---Back to Allsports by 4:45pm at the latest to get everyone registered, etc...

25. shahedc

shahedc Formula 3

Jun 4, 2007
    Washington DC
    oh ok cool... I'll get to AllSports by 3pm then... try not to laugh at my Mercedes.. :)

~shahedc