Mysterious Wires and Switches | FerrariChat

Mysterious Wires and Switches

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Bshortie, Feb 3, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bshortie

Bshortie Rookie

Nov 22, 2014
    Columbus, OH
    Full Name:
    Brian Short
  2. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    alarm.. ? fog light switch?

3. theunissenguido

theunissenguido Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    Have you tried those switches and what happens ?
    Wires : I have looked at the QV wiring diagram and find this :
    GN : yellow/black there is one that goes to the big connector connected to the ignition switch in that area. The other side goes to the alternator warning light inside dashboard (check light 47)
    AB : light blue/white : there is one that goes to the connector feeding the triple switch for windscreen wiper/washer coming from white plug K nr 3 fuseboard.You can check if this is the same wire.
    I dont think model t wiring diagram is different in the cockpit from QV. Havent model t available for the moment.

Guido

4. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
    Immobilizer?

5. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    I'm almost sure it is an immobilizer. A very good cheap solution to buy time if someone authorized is getting into your ride. They are in reachable places for the driver. Although I would not place one under the dash myself as this is a very obvious place :) It makes sense to have 2. and maybe to have one on an obvious place now that I think of it so the authorized person thinks he found it!

6. StuR

StuR Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2005
    UK Buckinghamshire
    Full Name:
    Stu R
    I’m with the immobiliser/ alarm. My Q.V. has some jury-rigged pieces. I’d hoped for ejector seat and mood lights but no joy....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. jkstevens2

jkstevens2 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2015
    Winter Park, FL
    Full Name:
    JK Stevens
    In the James Bond movie, Goldfinger, there were several useful auto defense options.
    Oil Slick (do you have an additional the oil sump?)
    Smoke screen (catalytic converter?)
    Bullet proof shield (?)
    Ejector seat (are you a cabriolet?)
    Rotating license plate
    Machine gun behind the headlights (is that really a break master cylinder?)

Do you have a valid VIN number or has this vehicle been converted my MI6 or their Italian counterpart IT8
    Just thinking......:)

8. StuR

StuR Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2005
    UK Buckinghamshire
    Full Name:
    Stu R
    I can imagine 007 struggling with hot starts; and for a long time mine never needed an oil slick button as long as the engine ran!!!

I assumed the Italian Bond would have focussed on the benefits of mood lighting and the ability to eject any company in case Mrs Bond turned up early

Mine turned out to be an ignition cut-off under the dash, and an alarm siren cut off behind the heater area.

9. Bshortie

Bshortie Rookie

Nov 22, 2014
    Columbus, OH
    Full Name:
    Brian Short
    Thanks guys. I have played with them before and they didn't seem to do much. Loaded with some of your ideas, I took the cover off and started to tinker today on this snowy day in Ohio. The loose wires go up past the steering column but I can't really see. Unfortunately, I know my alternator light works and I'll give the wipers and wash a try, but I'm pretty sure they work. Looks like something has simply been unplugged and deactivated. I wonder if it is related to the deactivated mouse seatbelt on the driver's side? There is an old radar detector up there that doesn't work, but I can't find any male connectors for those two females. Oh well. Getting stereo work done this year so I'll have them take a look. Heck, maybe even install a new detector.

I think the one under the dash is a kill switch. I've played with it before and it never did anything. Today I was able to kind of wiggle it around in the one position and the car would die. I determined it is a kill switch with a dirty/bad switch. I at least know forward for "drive" is the correct position so no need to replace it. Glad I figured it out before I got stranded somewhere.

The center console one I think is for an alarm. I played with it and eventually got a red led to flash in the switch panel. I also must have triggered it because the flashers went on and I could no longer start it. Was very frustrating as I don't know how it works or how to reset it. I got everything to finally stop with some combination of the switch, key, and finally the door locks. Well, I think.....LOL

Thanks for all of your inputs

10. Bshortie

Bshortie Rookie

Nov 22, 2014
    Columbus, OH
    Full Name:
    Brian Short
    Aahhhh. Maybe that's why all the oil is on the garage floor. I'll stop pushing it to see if it stops ;) Would be nice if MI6 would leave directions

Mechanical Dad and StuR like this.
  11. StuR

StuR Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2005
    UK Buckinghamshire
    Full Name:
    Stu R
    Glad your on the way to sorting it. I ended up removing the alarm as it was faulty and easier to strip it out than put up with fighting to start it and battery drain. I kept the kill switch as a useful extra.

12. jkstevens2

jkstevens2 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2015
    Winter Park, FL
    Full Name:
    JK Stevens
    Sometimes my imagination gets the best of me.........

StuR likes this.
  13. theunissenguido

theunissenguido Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    [QUOTE="Bshortie, post: 145803423, member: 171422" I wonder if it is related to the deactivated mouse seatbelt on the driver's side? There is an old radar detector up there that doesn't
    [/QUOTE]

Yes, this also has a AB light blue/white wire.....

Guido