"Mystery" Europa GT For Sale | Page 3 | FerrariChat

"Mystery" Europa GT For Sale

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by mdsaxon, Nov 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kare

kare F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Nov 11, 2003
    #51 kare, Nov 12, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2008
    Why would a long time owner be "very professional" (by your standard) when starting to look for an eventual sale for a car he has owned for say.. 43 years? Longtime owner is not necessarily in a hurry and I am sure you too have seen many cases where moving slowly and first letting a limited group of people know a certain car is about to enter the market has resulted in a very good sale later on. And it is not always about the money.

The advertiser must be getting dozens and dozens of inquiries every day. He does not need to answer any of them, we do the marketing and he may just sit there waiting for a fish that will fit the size his frying pan. Or he may be a total fake having a chuckle at all of us... who cares! Best wishes, Kare

2. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    The advertiser is clearly an Italian. He uses the name "Antonio" and English is clearly not his mother language. His email address is in Italy. I don't think that "Antonio" is actually the owner of the car in question, he's a middle man/broker/agent, whatever.
    Marcel Massini

3. henk4

henk4 Formula Junior

Mar 13, 2006
    Holland
    Full Name:
    Pieter Melissen
    is there actually a chassis in your archive that could be the one that is now on offer? How many Europas are accounted for?

4. buurman

buurman Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2004
    Full Name:
    cornelis leendert
    Marcel, the asking price is 700k Euros .but he prefers an deposit before inspecting the car .as I have noticed from his mails
    but am also an person with lower englisch- no mothers tongue- knowledge.
    next time you must use an doctor or professor tittle (whitch I can) this impressed older italien Always
    he wants referances FIRST before giving any information Mr Kare from finland could be right????
    But deposit BEFORE seems high risk.

ciao
    Cornelis

5. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    It smells very fishy: remember the story of the F40 sold to the visiting American at the height of the speculation for that model? They even used a fake bank agency.

Two years ago a friend of mine who lives in Miami Beach said he wanted to pay me to fly to Palermo to inspect a muscle car for sale there. It was all too good to be true and you could see the photos were done in the US with some snow in the background...when I asked pointed questions I got no answers and I convinced him to forget it which he did.

6. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    Deposit before viewing?
    ...with no photos or serial number?

Here is possibly a new English phrase for my non-native English speaking friends: "buying a pig in a poke" - refers to buying something you have never seen and there is no guarantee as to anything.

7. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    The classic driver ad now has the mention:

"Sold on the 12.11.2008"

Maybe it is legit...but I doubt it. This reminds me for an ebay offer of a Maserati Indy in Quebec about 5 years ago....with the starting price at 120000$ Now be they Canadian or US an Indy is worth 20000, 40000 for the best there is. When I emailed them about this price discrepancy the response I got was priceless: "Don't be jealous" sounded like an attempt at money laundering to me.

8. buurman

buurman Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2004
    Full Name:
    cornelis leendert
    Well its nice that these three little original looking pictures give us all a lot of appetitte.
    even when a joke, a nice feeling.

ciao
    Cornelis

9. kare

kare F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Nov 11, 2003
    I don't think the campaign is aiming at a sale; it's aiming at publicity. If I had a car like that I might sell it exactly like this; give enough clues for everyone to figure out the serial number but deny everything or go hiding under a rock. A year or two later EVERY broker would have heard of the case and I would not have spent a penny on advertising. Neither would there be any need to be in contact with 100 brokers looking for a cut - most of whom seem to be pretty disgusting people anyway. Best wishes, Kare

10. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    #60 Marcel Massini, Nov 12, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2008
    Wonderful! I like that. Isn't it all fun?
    The guy doesn't even mention (to me) payment of a deposit. Nor does he indicate a bank account.
    BTW, I once did a deal with a guy in Monrovia, Liberia, and I survived...........that was 20 years ago (Ferrari 312 F1).
    I am sooooo amused.
    Marcel Massini

11. buurman

buurman Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2004
    Full Name:
    cornelis leendert
    Marcel, i think he means by deposit :ADVANGED payment (whitch is normal ),I can invite you but ,with one condition,
    that i can buy first .to come with an bodygard cannot be a mistake, but I don´t know if you have an impressive bodypreformance.

ciao
    Cornelis

12. f308jack

f308jack F1 Rookie

Jun 7, 2007
    Cape Town, South Afr
    Full Name:
    Jack Verschuur
    Amusing it is, for sure.

Three small pics and the whole classic Ferrari community jumps up and down, priceless indeed!

I am looking forward to seeing what the hype was/is all about, and if Antonio is 17 or 77. Or 3500, or one of his cousins:)

Marcel, there must be a story there in Monrovia; care to share it?

13. buurman

buurman Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2004
    Full Name:
    cornelis leendert
    Well i have BAD news for all of us the dream is OVER.

Antonio Andales tel 0039476254624

HE is know in the www. Has nice Miura once its a real pitty

look at [email protected]

sorry to create so MUCH dissapointment but live goes on

thanks Antonio for this Fun , but not every week a new one please. Thanks

ciao
    Cornelis

14. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    No, sorry, I cannot. Really. The man is dead now but his widow is still around and he had plenty of Ferraris over the years, even a few significant ones. But I prefer to survive and therefore can't say more here and now. Thanks for understanding.
    Marcel Massini

15. buurman

buurman Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2004
    Full Name:
    cornelis leendert
    Marcel, when your are phoning NOW with Antonio,

dont forget my scouting FEE. let say 1%

that fair i think.

ciao
    Cornelis

16. andales79

andales79 Karting
    BANNED

Jul 5, 2007
    Hello guys

i'm antonio, andales 79, the guy (who is not 12 years old) that give you a lot of misunderstanding about 250 gt europa

First of all, sorry for may english but it is not my first language.
    Then, the car really exist and it is not a Mafia's trap, i'm legal man and my justice record say the right.
    Then about Massini, please say me rightly your really email, because of you never say in email to be Massini, and it is not correct.

about Buurman , do not worry that title as doctor or other never impressed me, because of i'm also a doctor, and please do not use that title if you really do not be it, then i never asked deposit about car before coming to see the car, but after you have inspect the car.pay attention to how we wrote

stop to people that come to see and collect pictures and then they dissapear.

Now go to resolve all these misunderstunding

The car really exist, but as some of you understood, the car is not mine, but of a my best friend of family, who for old age would sell the car. He said me that no chassis or other news will be sent by email and internet because of he had the car since 43 years and for all this time, a lot of wasting time stressed him...43 years are too much!!
    So he would sell but really reserved way, just to people that will come to see the car and if really interesting pay a deposit and then will able to pay that price.
    For a millionare people who is going to buy a car like that, a trip to see the car, is not too much

If you need of many other details, not chassis or pictures, i'm at your dispositional, but just from people who could really buy the car at that price.
    Remember that car really exist, that i'm not a mafioso ( it hurt me) and that lucky will be who will have it.

Regards

17. kare

kare F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Nov 11, 2003
    #67 kare, Nov 13, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2008
    Hmm... I think I just figured out who sent me a letter few years back offering x.xx million euros for a local car (I think you can guess which one) and signed his letter "Engelbert Humperdinck".

Best wishes, Kare

18. andales79

andales79 Karting
    BANNED

Jul 5, 2007
    Please could you say me your real name and if you send me an email?

19. andales79

andales79 Karting
    BANNED

Jul 5, 2007
    it is not correct..and in my country it is not legal, too

20. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

andales.

If you want the car sold, this is your best venue.

Give these guys details, right here, and you will get results. This forum is visited by most, if not all, of the greats in the vintage Ferrari world.

Bring some details to light here, you will not regret it. However, if you continue to be secretive, it only leads all of us to believe it is a hoax, or that you are a broker trying to protect your commission.

I don't think the serial number, or a few more detailed photos will hurt the owner, but it will speed your progress in selling the car. And with the economy in a nose dive, the sooner the better.

Dave M.

And yes, I did contact you about this car, and did use my real name, did I not?

21. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    #71 Marcel Massini, Nov 13, 2008
    ITALIANO:
    Buongiorno Antonio (o Andales)
    Grazie per la Sua informazione.
    Il mio nome e Marcel Massini e abita in Svizzera.
    Ecco il mio email personale e diretta: [email protected]

Lo prego gentilmente di inviarmi tutte le informazione su questa macchina. Sono pronta a venire in Italia (dove?) immediatamente.
    In atteso della Sua risposta diretta, con cordiali saluti.
    Marcel Massini
    Zurigo, Svizzero
    [email protected]

ENGLISH:
    Dear Antonio (Andales)
    Thank you for the information.
    My name is Marcel Massini and I live in Switzerland.
    This is my private and direct email: [email protected]

I kindly ask to send me all the information needed and I am ready to come to Italy and inspect the car. Just tell me where I have to go and when, I can come immediately.
    I await your reply, thank you very much.
    Marcel Massini
    Zurich, Switzerland
    [email protected]

22. kare

kare F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Nov 11, 2003
    #72 kare, Nov 13, 2008
    I am using my real name and no, I did not send you an email.

I don't want to waste your time and I think you are getting enough emails from the suckers in the Ferrari world already.

Best wishes, Kare

23. andales79

andales79 Karting
    BANNED

Jul 5, 2007
    #73 andales79, Nov 13, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2008

hi david m.

but you already known what i think about sell...these are i said are my conditions, please read me post above
    if someone is really interesting, come to see the car. i said that for a millionaire man, who is going to buy car like that, a trip in Italy is just as have a cup of coffe in a coffeeshop.
    i do want think that all ferraris entusiats, are wasting just time and not all are really fan of Ferrari..then i had already way to see it, and i will say that car really exist, and lucky will be who will have it, because of i never see a car like that...i'm also a good fancier of old car
    Regards

24. andales79

andales79 Karting
    BANNED

Jul 5, 2007
    ITALIANO:
    Mi dispiace Sig. Masini, ma penso che a lei personalmente, dopo tutto quello che ha detto in questa chat sul mio conto , e dopo aver giocato ad usare nomignoli per non essere rintracciato, la vettura non verrà mai venduta
    e mi indichi gli alias che ha usato, per favore..io non sono qui per perdere tempo.
    l'annuncio diceva, no broker...mi dispiace
    Grazie
    Saluti
    INGLESE:
    Dear Masini, I'm really sorry but, after all that you said on me on this chat and after you played to use alias to do not be traced back, the car never will be sold to you.
    Please say me your alias you used to joke me...i do want not waste time, i have not much time
    Then the ad said, no brokers, sorry
    Regards

25. mdsaxon

mdsaxon Karting

Sep 18, 2006
    S.W. Florida
    Mr. Andales,
    With all due respect, the car you are representing is a fine and interesting car, but it is not a rare car. The interest in your car lies in it's PROVENANCE not it's value. The internet provides many opportunities for less than savory individuals to scam honest people under many different scenarios.
    In defense of Mr. Massini, he was practicing the same caution that you and your client have displayed. To hold him accountable for something that you yourself are guilty of is very unfortunate and very wrong on your part. Mr. Massini is one of the most highly reguarded individuals in all of the Ferrari community. He probably has forgotten more about the history of Ferrari then most of us will ever know.
    Traditionally, a car is sold with as much information given BEFORE a costly trip is made to inspect the car. Prudence requires this. I have no interest in purchasing your car and I started this thread because it seemed quite ridiculous that you would advertise the car in the manner that you did. The ad sounds like a scam. And to reply in the cryptic manner that you did further compounded the issue.
    In defense of Ferrari-Chat, as enthusiast, we surf most of the web-sites related to Ferrari buying and selling diligently to see if interesting cars have come to market, to keep up with current market conditions, but also to watch each others backs when negative and potentially illegal information comes to light.
    I wish you luck in the sale of the car. (You're going to need it!)