NART Spyder... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

NART Spyder...

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by 134282, Jan 30, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jgcferrari

jgcferrari Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 21, 2004
    USA
    Full Name:
    Jose
  2. furmano

furmano Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Furman
    Oh boy, this thread could get pretty long.:)

I remember they weren't too favorable to a Ferrari Enzo remade by Pininfarina either.

-F

3. malcolmb

malcolmb Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2002
    San diego
    Full Name:
    Malcolm Barksdale
    Jim: Without wishing to enter the debate, "they" declined to judge Rolands ca after allowing it. Pretty sloppy event, in my opinion. If they allow Rolands car, how can thay decline yours? And if they allowed an imitation Nart spyder, where is their checker upper group? And finally, who cares? The point is to preserve and restorew and view important FF's,right?

4. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I think 9437 is in many ways the ultimate Ferrari, for me at least. It's got it all-- great looks, period competition history-- and yet entirely streetable! -- movie history, you name it, it's got it!

5. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    #30 Ashman, Feb 2, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    #31 Napolis, Feb 2, 2007
    No matter what they said the pure fact remains Ferrari P 4/5 by Pininfarina wasn't at Cavallino because I didn't want it to be there because I don't attend Cavallino as I feel they are intellectually bankrupt. Their rumor mongering was pathetic and extended to attempting to have the competing event where it did appear permits pulled because the rally part of it was a "Gumball" type event which it wasn't and stating that the Sunday Event at the Polo field was cancelled which it wasn't. This pathetic behavior is really sad and all it did was drive spectators and press to the Palm Beach SuperCar Weekend.

"Originally Posted by BrianC
    Rumor has it that Ferrari made it clear that the P4/5 was to be no where near the Breakers on Saturday. Evidently it was not "blessed" by the factory.

Complete total Bull ****. P 4/5 wasn't there because I don't attend Cavallino because I feel Cavallino is intellectually bankrupt. This is well known as are the reasons for my belief regarding why I feel Cavallino is intellectually bankrupt.

It is also well known that P 4/5 and 0846 were at the Palm Beach Supercar Event during that Weekend.

Ferrari P 4/5 by Pininfarina IS OFFICIALLY blessed by Ferrari and it's exact Official Designation was agreed to by Luca, Andrea and me many months ago as reported by Car and Driver, other Magazines, TV, and Newspapers.

Anyone stating that the above is not true is showing a reckless disregard for the truth and does so at their own peril."

The included photo's were with the quoted post.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    #32 Napolis, Feb 2, 2007
  8. michael platzer

michael platzer F1 Veteran

Nov 12, 2003
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Michael Platzer
    ron - you´re right and quicker than me ! nice car anyway.
    by the way - PLEASE bring more than one red bull sugarfree to moroso next time ! hahahah

9. SENNA1

SENNA1 Karting

Oct 27, 2004
    NYC/PALM BEACH
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    give it some time an cavallino will be a thing of the past.. Cavalino crowd is gettin older and older PB supercarweekend is the NEW BLOOD!!!...

10. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def

So that was your lovely companion? Very nice. I promise to carry at least 4 sugarfree Redbull's to every event. I will even save one of the larger sizes for you to share.

As for the 275GTB in question, I got my tuckus wacked for my inaccuracy in the name of the "chopper". It is Carrozzeria Brandoli that did the work, not Bandolini which is either a cheap Italian wine or a reference to the rock band in Miami named the Olini's.

I do not wish to take credit for this knowledge about this car. I heard the rumor late Saturday, and again Sunday at PBSCW, so in an exchange about another subject I asked the best source there is for his opinion, Marcel.

But I wil take credit for my knowledge of cheap wine. Red wine to be specific.

11. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    It's a wide world and there's room for everyone but this bull**** hating is getting old. Why JB felt the need to act like he did is beyond me. The SuperCar guys remained total Gentlemen. They didn't spread rumors that weren't true. They proved that Lambo owners and Ferrari owners can live in Peace. They showed that Modern designers like Fisker have something to say. They Showed what Harley Earl stood for. They included Audi and Bugatti. The best part was that there were a lot of young people having a good time. Their sponsors were varied and interesting. See for your self. Photos and video are archived on the site in my sig. I like Roland's car. I like the cut GTB. That isn't the issue. The issue is believing that your are holier than someone else. That is simply wrong and spreading false rumors to hurt a parallel event is sad. Pebble Beach doesn't dis Concorso, The Historics, or Quail. JB's behavior was pathetic.

12. michael platzer

michael platzer F1 Veteran

Nov 12, 2003
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Michael Platzer
    yes that´s my lovely wife jaqueline ! see us sitting side by side in 0846 in the PB-supercarthread in the florida section.

i don´t want to question your knowledge of cheap red wine, but it´s BARDOLINO ! red and cheap and a DONT!
    Do Barolo, Barbaresco or Brunello instead. NOT cheap but the real thing ! (never mix it with red bull).
    cheers
    michael

13. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    A very nice version of the NART emblem is available at Black Bart's......I have several....:rolleyes:

14. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Good information.

15. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    #40 Napolis, Feb 2, 2007
  16. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    No, it was mentioned in another thread, the VIN...rebody....

I think a lot of what we are seeing, is cars on the 'street side' of the Moroso and Breakers event, that were driven by spectators that were not necessarily 'accepted' entries...like Lambos!

It's hard to tell though when the pics are all jumbled together.......LOL!

I think it's a real V12, a GTE or L sleeps under that coachwork.....you'd think there'd be a glut of sheetmetal for those cars, cached somewhere.......

17. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Real ones had hand painted shields, IIRC if at all.....ROTFLMAO!

My guy in Smackover, Arkansas is practicing up...he's almost 'got it'..he did a huge one for the Study, as a Christmas gift.....

18. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Note in the photo it's keeping company with the minivans....definately not on the Hot Pits side............

19. dgrperformance

dgrperformance Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2005
    Oceanside, CA
    As for the cut GTB/4 I was at the previous owners house on Monday and he showed me a picture of the car from a couple years ago when it was a coupe and red. So to me the real question is why cut a GTB/4 at all exspecially in this day and age, I guess the car was a bit edgy but still in my mind I would have left it a coupe. I would have no problem if it was a cut job done back in the 70's since that is all Chenniti was doing.

I agree with Jim though if you are going to allow some mods but not others what is the logic? either stick to your guns and hold everyone to the same standard or allow for display vehicles of questionable merrit and real vehicles just as long as they are presented as such. To me a pure Ferrari event has a certain charm and after attending many mixed mark events I like the indulgence of seeing all the variations all together under the same name, they both have their place.

we had our own issues and were not judged at the last minute but still had a great time and that's what it is all about. I saw the inner workings while I was there and must say I would prefer to be in the dark when it comes to that stuff. I just want to go to the show and enjoy the event without the drama, save that stuff for my wife and her WB shows:)

20. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Ditto That.

21. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Cavallino sounds like the biggest bunch of hypocrites ever. They need to get their **** together or that event will just get lamer and lamer every year.

22. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Let's not get carried away. While I support Jim's position on this and it is sad that this event has turned into bunch of political bs, Cavallino is still a great show. The Breakers in Jan is a beautiful place. Plus, there is an appeal to having an annual all Ferrari event. I think everyone who loves these cars should go at least once. You will not regret it.

However, it is too bad that Cavallino has changed from being a car guy show into a mini Pebble Beach by trying to define what is "real" and what is not. I say show em all. If a car is not 100% original (whatever that means), then don't judge it. But don't try to pretend that certain cars don't exist. We, the great unwashed, don't need the party bosses to tell us what is right and wrong. We just like to look at cool cars.

Dale

23. dretceterini

dretceterini F1 Veteran

Apr 28, 2004
    Etceterini Land
    Full Name:
    Dr.Stuart Schaller
    Seems like JB and BJ are actually related :p

24. malcolmb

malcolmb Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2002
    San diego
    Full Name:
    Malcolm Barksdale
    Dale: You are right on target here. This is a greaat event-beautiful cars, the Breakers, Palm Beach in January, and there is shopping, good restaurants and other things to do when you are momentarily tired of cars. I missed the spercar day because my ride home was on Sunday, but next year I plan to take that in. I always have good conversations with the others, meet some good friends, and see terrific cars. I stay away from the politics because I do not have the expertise to debate most issues, and would not anyway because it bores me to debate whether the correct number of holes in the 275 luggage straps is 8 or 9. On the other hand, I do think a cut 275 should be identified as such-perhaps it was, I didnt look.
    On another note, last year I asked Naomi which car she liked the best. She said-"the yellow one up front in the middle, would that be affordable?"Good eye-she picked Mr. Henns 275 LeMans winner.I told her it wasnt affordable.
    Malcolm

25. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Naomi has always had a great eye. She picked you didn't she?

Best