NASCAR 2012 Yahoo fantasy game | Page 9 | FerrariChat

NASCAR 2012 Yahoo fantasy game

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by Whisky, Feb 14, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Maybe we can find a league where you pick drivers at the beginning of the season and stick with them the whole way?

2. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Sorry, but what would be the point of that?

I don't get it - you guys LIVE on Ferrari Chat every day, but you don't want to keep up a league where it takes five minutes a week to pick four drivers... gheesh.

I'd rather just not have a league next year (here), I am in four other leagues, I just won't have one here next season - it makes exactly zero difference to me, it's that simple.

3. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    not everyone is into fantasy leagues the way you are :)

4. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    It's like any other sport - if you are not into it, don't COMMIT to it.
    I am not THAT into it, I spend less than 5 minutes a week on it - and judging by the amount of time you and Mr. Nut spend posting here, digging up videos to post here, and all the other stuff you do (here), to say you don't have the time is rather ludricous.

But I understand if you want to quit, just don't play, I already said I don't plan on having a league here next season, not with only, what, six active teams.

5. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    it's not that I don't have time, I don't have interest. you've said numerous times that you're in multiple fantasy leagues for all manner of sports. that's your thing, cool. it's just not mine :)

and you're right, I think we started with 9 or 10 but by May over half of us had lost interest, stopped making picks, stopped responding here so meh.

6. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    To hopefully entice a few more folks that have an interest in participating but want to be less active managers. Maybe a taste of the action will get them more involved.

To clarify, I don't "LIVE on Ferrari Chat" I "LIVE vicariously thru Ferrari Chat"; there is a difference.

Seems a bit ludricous [sic] to attack the time we spend on FChat when you have 12K+ posts since 2006.

-------

All that said, if we'd had all this recent worthless banter during the season it would have been much more enjoyable gents! :rolleyes: :D

7. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Go count how many posts I have had in the last, say six months, not counting this thread.
    Not many.
    Why is that?
    I stated far ahead of time I would be on here a lot less, but that doesn't mean I would ignore my commitments, but I also understand 'stuff happens' and people have to step away for all kinds of reasons - I did.

What I mean is (and it sure is fun having to explain what I mean) you said you didn't have the time, but judging by the amount of videos and stuff you post from other websites....?
    I think it has been explained already: folks like to spend time on the web, they just don't want to spend time on fantasy motorsports - and that's fine, as I said several times, there just won't be a league HERE next year. Trust me: nobody will care, not even me. And I am not mad.

BTST - this is a 'Ferrari' website and the F1 fantasy league (here) is non-existent, as far as guys discussing stuff from race-to-race, so as you said, at least we had some sort of banter going on HERE all season long.

8. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Sorry I twisted your arm to join, we know that will never happen again.

Wish I knew why folks lost interest, they should have known ahead of time it is a long season.

9. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    #209 Whisky, Nov 22, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
    I seriously doubt it.

Folks are either interested - or not.

If we did a 'chase only' contest and someone missed ONE race they would be toast and give up, and besides, I still think the lineups would be virtually identical in all teams: Jimmy Johnson on short and intermediate tracks, sprinkle in a Kyle Busch or Hamlin, maybe Brad, and for the fast tracks pick the fastest Ford or Hendrick car besides #48.

'B' drivers would all be the same (based on this season's B drivers) Bowyer, Kahne, Martin, and whoever the hot #4 driver is, and same for the 'C' list, where there are really only two serious drivers, Almirola and Hornish, sprinkled in with a Bayne, Vickers once in awhile.

I just don't see where the real test would be.