NCRS? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

NCRS?

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by HotShoe, Mar 20, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    I just happened to be reading this thread again and I recalled how I tracked down the original owner on the 68 L88 .. I had his name and one day just started googling his name and location etc... and found an old email on I think it was Class mates .... so I took a shot and emailed him and what do you know but it was the right guy and we spoke several times over a couple of years...... and finally I had him write a letter for me,... at the time he was in his late 60s and was still drag racing ... interestingly he was only maybe 20 when he bought this car and it was his third new big block corvette in as many years it. was his daily driver for a little while and he raced it on the weekend .... when he sold it a couple of years later he pulled the engine and sold it with a 350 small block ... then years later someone tracked him down and worked a deal on the original engine..... cool story........

of2worlds likes this.
  2. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Very cool indeed, thank you for sharing that amazing story Larry!
    Window stickers or a bill of sale and spare parts plus even engines it seems can stay behind with a previous owner. Often getting the owner history with previous owners for a car can provide priceless dividends...

LARRYH likes this.
  3. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    Certainly adds to the car's provenance and makes the car more attractive at sale time.:)

of2worlds likes this.