NE 1 tried Garmin ique 3600 palm GPS | FerrariChat

NE 1 tried Garmin ique 3600 palm GPS

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Dr C, Jul 15, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dr C

Dr C Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2002
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Ed
    I've very close to purchasing a Garmin PDA with GPS. NE 1 here have any experience with one?

2. MikeZ_NJ

MikeZ_NJ Formula 3

Dec 10, 2002
    Southern NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike Z.
    Not with the Garmin one in particular, but I do have a Sony Clie with GPS hooked up in my car. Works great... but I would imagine the Garmin would be a better all in one solution.

3. chrisca

chrisca Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    I have had the garmin ique for almost a year now. It is a wonderful device. I bought it because I need a PDA for medical software and I felt for a little more money I would get the garmin with gps. I got one of the first of the production run and it would crash about once a week and make this terrible screeching sound. A reset would fix it. So I asked Garmin to send me a new one. The new one has worked perfectly.

A few things, as a PDA it's relatively big and heavy. The battery life sucks when you use the gps (car kit is pretty necessary) Also, it will sometimes lose your position in the city (when tall buildings are around).

I do love this thing. Never being lost in any car or while on foot is great! It has so many features to list.

I bought a memory card, car kit, and external antenna (so I could mount it lower on the dash).

I found this to be helpful:http://www.pdastreet.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=108

Chris

4. Dr C

Dr C Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2002
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Chris:
    Thanks for your review. We have nav in our car and in our plane and we're spoiled. I ordered the Garmin because I wanted one that my wife can use and one that I can use in a rental car. Pulling our horse trailer to new places for horse shows should be easier if we have a nav.