Need 1 Avon CR28 Size: 220/55VR390 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Need 1 Avon CR28 Size: 220/55VR390

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Verell, Aug 19, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    i stand corrected. My experience is with the Mich and i guess i put them in the same league. My bad :( Sorry :(

2. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    I threw in the towel on finding an Avon. Ordered a set of Superformance 16" wheels & order has been confirmed.

I wish to thank everyone who offered financial assistance.

3. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Verell,
    Congrats, you will love the wheels and the tires you can put on them. My donation towards your wheels is forthcoming when I get home from vacation. (I'm up in Maine on a dial-up right now. UgH!)

Steven,
    If you think the TRX options on the 308 stink, you should see the TRX options on the Mondial, requiring an even more obscure TRX size, available only from Coker at $400 EACH. That's why I upgraded to 348 wheels on the Mondial.

Birdman

4. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    $400 each! Damn, and here i felt $200 for Pilot PS2 were $$$. Frankly, am amazed all the use i am getting from this set of PS2 tires. So far quite a few track days PLUS about 5,000 normal driving miles and they still look pretty good. Today is another track day at NHIS...

Verell, a gift from me to you will be in the mail today.

5. jwise

jwise Formula Junior

Apr 2, 2003
    Portland Maine
    I'm in for $100. It's a no brainer. I don't feel that a small donation to the "Verell's Wheel Fund" can even scratch the repayment plan I owe to him.

I bet those wheels are going to look sweet- just like Birdman's.

So, what tires are you going to try?

6. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    Tires?? Oh will I need them too? ;^)

What are you guys running? & how much were they.
    (Steven, already saw your PS2 $).

7. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    The Kumho (sp) are good for the $$ but hate the cold weather. They have a stiffer sidewall as well so that makes the car feel a bit more sporty. For about $100 each they are hard to beat for the $$$ according to various other car guys.

And yeah, the PS are indeed $$$, they stick like glue,l are great wet or dry, are awesome and transform for the track to stickiness... but never drive behind me on a dirty roads directly after a track session ;)

8. jwise

jwise Formula Junior

Apr 2, 2003
    Portland Maine
    Mine has BF Goodrich G-Force TA KDW. I love the tires (about $125 each) and they are wearing perfectly. They do seem to grab (tramline?) any irregularities in the road- hold on tight during highway road construction!
    Maybe an result of poor alignment than anything else??? She will change lanes coming off a tall crown if you are not holding on- really.

They work fine in the rain- apparently not recommended for snow.
    I felt no difference when driving in below freezing temps, but did not push the car.

They have about 7000 miles on them, and still look brand new.

If I were buying tires right now- I would have then on my list for sure.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=g-Force+T%2FA+KDW

9. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Jwise has a great poiint, the Kumho Supra tramlined whereas the PS2 do not (or at least VERY little).

10. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    Post office just called,
    "We have 2 very large & heavy packages to deliver, need someone there to help unload them..."

Gotta be my wheels!

11. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    I've got 16" wheels...
    Post Office just dropped of 2 'heavy' boxes. Wasn't execting them till late next week!

Can't wait to get tires! Am awfully tired of sticking to back roads & listening to that front wheel go whappetywhappteywhappety...

Will make a selection Monday night so they'll get ordered 1st thing Tues. AM.

12. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    Steven,
    Thank you very much!!!

13. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Your welcome my friend. When i say the check is in the mail, it IS in the mail. :) Please get some really good rubber, some Motul 600, and perhaps uprated brake shoes and Goodridge steel braided lines. i felt so bad seeing a great, kind, selfless guy who helps soooooo many people being (that's you of course) at the track with brakes smoking, bearing grease boiling, and that large flat spot on the car's tire.

FYI: was at KTR yesterday dropping off the car for more tweaks, electrical cutoff switch install, tow hooks front/rear... and a weight loss diet and we briefly discussed your brake situation. He said you may want to check your brake caliper seals and see if they have suffered, but you probably already knew this. Hope to see you at the track again and it would be great to have Fchatter meeting where we REALLY should be... at the race track!

After only handful of track days the streets now bore me. Street drives USED TO be fun but not any longer. And 'shine-n-show' events are like being poked in the eye with a sharp stick. But get me on the track.... See you back on the track soon my friend. Shall we say September 29 from 8am to 12pm?

Enjoy the Music (Ministry "Jesus Built My Hotrod"),

Steven

"Soon i discovered that this rock thing was true
    Jerry Lee Lewis was the devil
    Jesus was an architect previous to his career as a prophet
    All of a sudden, i found myself in...

Jesus built my car
    It's a love affair
    Mainly Jesus and my hot rod"