Need a 328 GTS part. Please help! | FerrariChat

Need a 328 GTS part. Please help!

Discussion in '308/328' started by wmnewland, Sep 12, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wmnewland

wmnewland Karting

Aug 3, 2001
    Manhattan Beach, Cal
    Full Name:
    Newland, William
    #1 wmnewland, Sep 12, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    If anybody knows where I might find this part please let me know. Mine leaks from the heater hose nipple and multiple attempts to weld it have proved unsuccessful. The "GT Car Parts" people had a wrecked 328 they were parting out and but snet the part for a 308 GT4 instead, so I am not sure they will be able to help. It is listed as "no longer available" at the Ferrari parts data base. Suggestions are welcome as I may have to find a way to actually make my own part $$$$. I like to drive my Ferrari not build it from scratch!

Thanks

Silver Aluminum Coolant Tube which comes off the bottom right side of the Front Radiator on a 328.
    It's about 20" long, S Shaped, and has a 3/4" nipple coming off it for the heater core.

Ferrari part number is 118636

(For any 328)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Gianluca

Gianluca Formula Junior

May 6, 2003
    Centreville, Virgini
    Full Name:
    Gianluca Chegai
    Who attempted to weld it? Do you know the equipment they were using? A GOOD welder should be able to oxy-acetilene, mig or tig it.
    If the alloy if really funky it may be a little more difficult but still...

I may be difficult to duplicate the "S" shape without a proper bender.

You could, in an emergency, just use a piece of regular hose with a "t" connector. Even if you can not find a proper sized "T" connector, it would be easy to make one. This would let you drive the car until a more appropriate solution if found.

Best of luck,

Gianluca

3. KKRace

KKRace Formula 3

Aug 6, 2007
    Rockville/Olney MD
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Don't think the alloy is anything special. I welded one on my 328 with a TIG. The metal is very thin so I cheated and used the Pulser option on my Lincoln TIG 225. Looks like they did a lot of grinding on it. Metal is only .030 inches to begin with if I remember right.

4. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Hi William,

Just wondering what the website or contact info is for the place with the wrecked 328 that is being "parted out" as I need a part for my 328.
    Thanks,
    Dino

5. wmnewland

wmnewland Karting

Aug 3, 2001
    Manhattan Beach, Cal
    Full Name:
    Newland, William
    Don't have a website, I called GT Car Parts in Mesa AZ.... remember they sent me the "wrong" part!

6. rizzo308

rizzo308 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    riggio
    what's gt car parts AZ..... phone number...... gotta get me some syncro rings.......... cheers

7. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Thanks, William...good point about getting the wrong part. I hope you were able to finally locate the replacement part you needed.

Best regards,
    Dino