Need a TR shop manual that includes engine rebuild specs | FerrariChat

Need a TR shop manual that includes engine rebuild specs

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Ferrari Testarossa, Jul 12, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari Testarossa

Feb 27, 2011
    Full Name:
    David Mason
    I'm searching for an in depth shop manual for a USA version '91 TR that includes specs for the cylinders, rod bearings, torque specifications as required for a rebuild of the connecting rods, pistons, crank bearings, etc. So far I've only seen a simplified manual that includes belt and timing adjustments but nothing for an engine rebuild. The PDF manuals offered online do not disclose details and some are priced very high as well as others offered for free. I don't want to buy another copy that may be a duplicate of the simplified free online manual. (I made that mistake a while back.)

My TR engine needs new piston rings, rod bearings, and few other related items.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, David Mason

2. Ferrari Testarossa

Feb 27, 2011
    Full Name:
    David Mason
    I found an in depth shop manual for the TR. It was online as a free download.

3. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Could you post a link?

4. Ferrari Testarossa

Feb 27, 2011
    Full Name:
    David Mason
    I'm not sure if posting a link to a free manual download would be acceptable on this forum. However, if you're on Google and search: "Testarossa workshop manual" the link can be found second from the top ranking.
    At first I had trouble downloading it as their website would crash. The PDF manual is big and their server is slow so it takes about 20-30 minutes for it to download.
    There was one free manual supplier that was offering "mechanical help" as a pop-up window that was asking for a deposit of $5 on a credit card. I don't recall the suspicious link, as it was likely a ruse to get a credit card number.