Need gear-head attorney in LA | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Need gear-head attorney in LA

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Russ Gould, Mar 2, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Statler

Statler F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2011
    #26 Statler, Mar 6, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
    reading his lawsuit about his 17 year old dog (he took to appellate level) and about his $20 million lawsuit against his former client t.A.T.u is great reading.

2. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

links???? PULEEZE??

D

3. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Damn this just gets uglier. For OP sorry you're dealing with this, but it's a definite case of why it's important to buy the seller first.

Hope it all gets solved.

4. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    ExcelsiorZ?

5. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Come on out, I know a great cheesesteak joint and the AC and electric toilets won't go out this time! :D

6. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
  7. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    That's an auction for the same car back in 2016.

8. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    "With a relatively minimal investment of time and money, will have the looks of a $2.5 million dollar Ferrari for far less than the cost of basic restored 308."

9. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Not true for a vehicle purchase, (BTW PayPal is now separate from eBay)

From eBay:
    "Vehicle Purchase Protection (VPP) provides protection, against certain losses associated with fraud, up to a maximum amount of your purchase price paid (not exceeding $100,000) for purchase of an eligible vehicle on ebay.com or through the eBay mobile application. The types of fraud that are generally covered are:
    non-delivery of the vehicle,
    undisclosed defects in the title, and certain undisclosed defects with the vehicle. VPP is automatically included at no additional cost when you complete the purchase of an eligible vehicle on ebay.com or eBay mobile applications.
    VPP is not an insurance policy, a warranty, a solution for buyer's remorse, or a substitute for buyer diligence (i.e. pre-purchase research and inspection). We encourage you to perform appropriate research and exercise proper care and judgment in the purchase of any vehicle.

VPP is managed by an independent service provider (the "VPP Administrator") that is not affiliated with eBay Inc. ("eBay"). All VPP requests will be processed by the VPP Administrator. Restrictions and limitations are set forth below. "

10. Statler

Statler F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2011
    And Russ thought his mondial ownership experience sucked...

11. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

ouch. . .:D

12. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    #38 bernardo66, Mar 6, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  13. Russ Gould

Russ Gould Formula 3

Nov 8, 2004
    #39 Russ Gould, Mar 6, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
    VPP only applies if the vehicle is listed under the Ebay Motors "Vehicle" category. He (being sly) listed it under Vehicle Parts. Then, after he had my money, he asked me to pretend that the sale fell thru as he did not want to pay the Ebay commission which he felt was excessive. He said he intended to list it under "Vehicles", where the fee would only be $90, but since he listed it under "Parts" Ebay hit him up for $1000 and he wanted me to help him cheat Ebay out of their commission. I declined.

I already went thru the whole Ebay dispute process only to be told I am not covered because Ebay had no way of telling whether I paid for the item. The seller, up to that point, would not mark it paid. Only after Ebay shunned my appeal did he mark it paid.

I note the Ebay listing I relied on used the old Ebay photo of the car with the 308 suspension still in place. In fact, that and some of the 308 chassis had been cut out, a 355 subframe placed in the car and held in with C clamps, with casters under it to prevent the car from collapsing on the (incorrect bolt pattern) wheels. From the photo, one would conclude the suspension was there, but in fact it was not. Another tidbit: the old ebay listing shows the front view including bumper lights ... (the later ad does not show this frontal view). In fact these "lights" were only cheapo lenses shoved into the cavities to create the impression the lights were there. They were not. And finally, the zenith of Mr. Buckley's chutzpah: he wants the GTO grill and driving lights back, these were bolted to the car when we received it but he says they were not included. The shop where the car was stored loaded the car in his absence, he says.

Anyway, got a lawyer on the case and we will take it from here. Buckley had the temerity to tell me to stop "harrassing" him. As the old song goes, "we've only just begun ..."

14. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    This will be a fun thread to follow...looking forward.

Do keep us updated.

JDZNate likes this.
  15. JDZNate

JDZNate Formula Junior

May 14, 2007
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Nate
    What a mess.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

16. Juice It

Juice It F1 Rookie

Sep 22, 2002
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    At a minimum he has an issue evading sales tax and titling the car from md to California so he could sell to you with a clear title and the spot he signed on the back of the md title assignment is incorrect. Looking at mileage has the car not been driven since 02?

17. randomlambo

randomlambo Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2013
    RI & MA border
    Full Name:
    DT
    Search the FChat for ExcelsiorZ ID and you will find the guy you're looking for...he posts here quite regularly

18. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Sh#t like this makes my blood boil. Hope this whole community goes out of their way to out this guy. like, make his name "sticky" at the top of each heading.

19. Statler

Statler F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2011
    Perhaps you want to take a minute and think that one through..... what could the outcomes be... (hint, read the dog appeal case and ponder how much it cost the vet to "win" that one).

Besides, google does a great job in most cases when you type in the name of someone with whom you want to do business.

20. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Yeah, I get what you're saying.. sister has worked for a law firm for over 30 years, perfect example of why many times lawyers are met with distain. Feel for you my friend.

21. Statler

Statler F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2011
    I am very leery of attorneys who are their own client in many of their cases. Don't know one single skilled attorney who does that.

22. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    Wonder if it will top the notorious Gremlin thread?

23. bpu699

bpu699 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2003
    wisconsin/chicago
    Full Name:
    bo
    Message to self: never buy a car long distance without looking at it...

Right up there with: Never let anyone you care about go on Craigslists personals to find a date...

In both cases, pictures don't match reality, neither result will get your motor running, and in both cases you risk finding a tranny that you wont have expected.... :)

JDZNate likes this.