Need help buying F430 spider | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Need help buying F430 spider

Discussion in '360/430' started by dkim996tt, May 16, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. deeroff

deeroff Karting
    BANNED

Jan 19, 2004
    Ok - here goes - at the risk of being banned - I don't quite frankly give a crap about your posts in this thread. I don't have to answer to you - only to my wife and G-d. And I thnk very little about you given your posts to justify a substantive response.

I have not - and will never - fill out an online profile here or anywhere else - because, quite frankly, I don't want anyone knowing my personal life or business life. I get my f-cars at msrp, enjoy them and then get the next iteration because I want to and can.

I like (or used to like) this forum because the folks here share my passion for Ferraris. To read the posts of trolls who clearly have too much time on their hands, is a waste of my time and likely most other legitimate contributors to this Forum.

2. dkim996tt

dkim996tt Karting

May 16, 2006
    Gates Mills, Ohio
    Full Name:
    David Kim
    ok, let me ask the question another way. if i have never purchased a ferrari before, what is the best way to approach a dealer? what would be considered a reasonable deposit to get in line? and finally, is it still a 3 year wait? my local dealer would be midwest auto group in columbus, ohio. Maybe i can drop a name of someone from this board that has done business with them in the past. i just need to know the easiest, quickest, and painfree way of buying a 430 spider.

3. bluenose

bluenose Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 5, 2006
    I simply cannot believe we haven't had any of those 'owned' pictures and signs. This cguy has made some great boasts, it was fun reading it and now when pressured into telling all the nice people how long since he got his butler to make a call and the car and Enzo Ferrari himself turning up to deliver it, he cant do that. It really is a very simple question and has a very simple answer. It wouldhave saved you a lot of time Deeroff to say, it was a year, than to say, 'i dont have the time and i only answer to god and Enzo himself, do you know who i am'

Good read, good fun, found out - your bum has probably never seen the lovley leather of a Ferrari driving position ever. Nice try.

Oh and before you spend time telling us how you dont have the time to answer any decent questions - don't

4. spidermanUK

spidermanUK Formula 3

Feb 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Clive
    You may not "give a crap" but others do! You originally posted "your experience" in response to a query regarding the order process. You gave the impression that unless one was one of the chosen few, and in your case a member of the inner sanctum, it was impossible to ever buy a new Ferrari at List price! You implied that you were so very special that your dealer would deliver you a car as and when you deigned to accept it, not when it became your turn!

But you're happy to tell everyone just how special you are, and that you are so important that no one would dare make you wait for what you want!
    Me too, so what? But I don't act like my Dealer's business revolves solely around me!

Lots do, but few have a passion for over-blown, self-important BS! I assume you no longer like this forum because someone, me, finally questioned the ridiculous claims you've made, instead of bowing down and telling you how great and special you are!
    Trolls, you have the effrontery to accuse me of being a Troll? You Sir, are the one who has made outrageous claims regarding your ability to beat the system, and frankly, unless you provide evidence that you are indeed His Majesty The Sultan of Brunei, I think you have been exaggerating to massage your own ego!

I for one have been singularly unimpressed with your "contribution", people asked for advice regarding buying a car, you responded by telling them "you never will until you get to be as important as me!"

Just admit it...you had to wait in line like everyone else!

5. deeroff

deeroff Karting
    BANNED

Jan 19, 2004
    In this instance, your posts have had me look at things in a new light. And I want to thank you Spidey and Brownnose.

Knowing I have access to the greatest cars in the world - and you do not - Most assuredly because your attitudes are so obviously abhorrent that any respectable dealer would never do business with you (unless it was for substantially more than msrp for a car someone else ordered and is flipping) - is quite satisfying to me this morning.

6. spidermanUK

spidermanUK Formula 3

Feb 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Clive
    Yet another presumption that you are so much better than everyone else!!!!

How can you possibly justify such a childish, sweeping statement?

You know nothing!

And yet you still refuse to admit you had to wait your turn like the rest of us!

7. jamie140

jamie140 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 17, 2004
    GTA/Marco Island, fl
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    You need to do a search. This question gets beaten to death here and a search will produce volumes of info.

You can't get a 430 at list unless you have a longstanding relationship with your dealer. To establish such a relationship, buy a used 360 or something else. Alternatively, take a 612 off his hands. There's no short-cut if you don't want to pay market price.

Good luck.

8. deeroff

deeroff Karting
    BANNED

Jan 19, 2004
    Your own posts provide the justification and sure do speak for themselves.

9. spidermanUK

spidermanUK Formula 3

Feb 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Clive
    Yet another vague, evasive reply! Why can't you answer a simple question?

How long were you on the waiting list?

10. JGT

JGT Karting

Feb 18, 2006
    Spain
    interesting but I still haven't got a clear answer how one builds up a dealer relation to get an F430 at MSRP? Servicing youy 2nd hand car is enough? Buying a Maserati and then going for the F430? Buying used cars from the dealer and then go for a new one. How does a "normal" person gets his Ferrari and what is a realistic time on the waiting list? That was the question right?

11. spidermanUK

spidermanUK Formula 3

Feb 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Clive
    To be honest it seems to vary country by country and to a certain extent by dealer also.Here in the UK when I ordered my 1st one, I simply went into the dealership, asked a few questions about the order process and asked them very nicely to accept my cheque for the deposit! I then went home for about 3 years and waited for the phone to ring!

When I collected my 1st car, after a 3 year wait, I told the dealer I'd want a replacement for 3 years time, this time I didn't place a deposit, and subsequently I had to push a little to get my car.

To avoid any further aggravation, when I went in to spec my 2nd car, I left a deposit for my next (3rd) car, I collected car number 2 four months after choosing the spec.

Car number 3 was delivered a couple of weeks ago.

All 3 cars have taken about 3 years from time of order.

I tried to give a deposit for car number 4, but the dealer has changed process, and now just asks for a letter of intent, which I've duly given.

It may be an idea to visit your dealer during the week, so it's quieter, and explain that you understand there'll be a long wait until you get a car, but you would still like to place an order. They may just ask for a LOI, or they may take a deposit. My dealer assures me that the LOI's will be dealt with in strict chronological order when the new car is announced, customers will be contacted and asked to firm up their order with a deposit, and then an accurate "waiting list" will form.

It's really a matter of talking to the dealer, and getting them to accept you as a real buyer, not simply a dreamer or speculator! They all hate speculators, as it tends to upset their real customers when they see cars being sold aftermarket at a profit by people who have no real interest in the marque! They're also less likely to see the car come back for warranty/service work, which is a valuable revenue stream for a dealer who may only get 50 new cars per year! The margin on those new car sales will not keep a dealership alive, they need used car sales and workshop/parts revenue as well!

Good luck anyway!

12. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    The answer is "it depends.." On the dealer, on his current cash flow, on his inventory of used cars, on his available time in his workshop for Ferrari service etc etc.

If you had a to do a comprehensive survey of Ferrari buyers on this Ferrari you would find in most cases that relationships with their dealer are long term situations, begining with service, used car purchases, selling your cars to them for resale, recommending others to the dealerships for all of these services and on and on. It takes years to develop a reputation as a consistent repeat customer. Some dealerships require less than others and those in large population cities like Los Angeles will be more difficult than say the dealer in Portland or Salt Lake. Good luck!

13. nberry

nberry Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Usually within 90 days. I do not order the car unless we know in advance the car will be accepted by Ferrari NA to be built in the allocation it was given. :)

BTW, I know this is a emotional issue for many frustrated Ferrari buyers but Deeroff is right. It is all about building a good relationship with your dealer. There is no conspiracy or backroom deals. Once your a client, the process is very transparent.

14. bluenose

bluenose Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 5, 2006
    Thought you didn't have the time to bother with this issue anymore ?

You know, those who have access to 'the greatest cars in the world', are not the ones who go around shouting about it on an internet site to total strangers.

Just a little tip for next story on which ever site you go to next claiming to be Elvis Presley, who owns a Ferrari that isn't out for common standard Ferrari owners for another 2 years, but your so special, Enzo called down from the heavens........

Your so boring, your not even very good at this !

15. bluenose

bluenose Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 5, 2006
    What constitutes a 'relationship'. I know someone who has had 13 brand spanking new Ferrari's, from the same dealer and he is still very much required to pay a deposit on an order for a new car, something that he aint that bothered doing and wouldn't consider himself above it.

16. deeroff

deeroff Karting
    BANNED

Jan 19, 2004
    "I know somebody..." boring............ Brownnose.

Oh, sure, 13 brand spanking new Ferraris? Uh, sure....... Woof

17. bluenose

bluenose Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 5, 2006
    Yep, im sure if i had been you my post would have gone something like.

'i bought 13 new Ferrari's the other day, haven't even bothered to pay for them yet as im so god damm important, the dealer knows im god and he can shove it, im above everything and anyone, brag brag brag, look how small my willy is, brag brag bla bla bla bla'

So come on Mr Big, you drive the best cars in the world, why not post some pics with tmrw's newspaper on the bonnet. You tried to talk the talk, now walk the walk, or run off crying. I have a 360, i'll post pics tmrw with tmrws newspaper on the bonnet if you like ?

I have nothing to hide, do you ?

18. Silverbullet

Silverbullet Rookie
    BANNED

May 23, 2006
    This is ridiculous.

I am new to the forum, but I have read this thread and the posts by deeroff. It seems to me that Deeroff's quotes have been corraborated by several others and that Bluenose and SpidermanUK are not particularly civil.

I note an earlier post asking SpidermanUK "What's with the aggressive tone? This is a civilized, productive conversation. No need to offend anyone!"

And, in response to the post by Deeroff, another poster saying " FWIW, I have the same relationship with my dealer."

I also have the point of view and experience as Deeroff has and others on this board have noted.

19. spidermanUK

spidermanUK Formula 3

Feb 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Clive
    So you, Mr. I-Just-joined-today-because-my-patronising-friend-asked-me-to have the cheek to question my civility! Deeroff told the board that not only was he above paying a deposit like most other customers, but much more importantly that he could have a 430 whenever he chose!

The man still refuses to admit that he had to wait in line for his car! If he didn't have to wait, why wasn't he driving it last summer like all the big hitters he pretends to be? Or couldn't he afford it? Where's the proof that he actually has a car?

In fact reading his post of 11th May
    it rather implies that he didn't have a car at that time! But 6 days later Mr. "Big I Am " has already had his car flown in!!!! Not once has he shown a picture of his "snap my fingers and it will appear" F430, but the board is expected to believe that he is an owner with a "special relationship"! He's happy to tell us all "how exceptional" he is but won't show us his car, or admit he had to wait!

Or maybe he can only stretch to a cup-holder like all the other dreamers!

20. deeroff

deeroff Karting
    BANNED

Jan 19, 2004
    OK, Mr. Spiderputz. Put your money where your mouth is - I will email you a pic of my car that must you promise to post - I will take it this weekend - and write "SpiderPutz" on a piece of paper and hold it up to the car (any place you want) - if you promise to:

1. Donate $100 US to the Fresh Air Fund - It is a charity of which I am a supporter (and I want proof via an acknowledgement from the Fresh Air Fund from SpiderPutz);

2. Post an apology and say "Yes, I am SpiderPutz;" and

3. Change your signature to note the above for at least 10 days.

I am not one to waste time, but this would be worth it for sure.

21. spidermanUK

spidermanUK Formula 3

Feb 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Clive
    4 days to find a showroom that's got a 430 in stock? Or are you waiting for your benefit cheque to clear to afford the bus fare to town?

more abuse! Is that the best you can do?
    Don't let the salesman catch you!
    Fresh air? More like hot air! Go in your garage now and take a picture, or are you on a secret overseas mission with your new friend Silverbullet?

Apologise for what? Asking you to substantiate your over-blown statements?
    Why do you continue to resort to insults instead of answering the simple questions put to you?

22. deeroff

deeroff Karting
    BANNED

Jan 19, 2004
    What a loser - Mr. Putz. I throw down the gauntlet and - oops - you fall down yet again. Figures.

I provide you with a simple challenge - I will hold up the SpiderPutz sign in my driveway next to my car - and in another two locations - outside - Mr. Putz Loser.

Just drop US$100 to a real, admirable charity and say "I am a Putz."

Can't even do that?

You sir, are a Waste of Flesh

23. Duane

Duane Karting

Nov 22, 2003
    CONNECTICUT
    Full Name:
    Duane B
    This is a silly thread. I will say that if this is the same Deeroff from 6speed he has always been credible. If I am not mistaken you also have a Carerra GT?

24. spidermanUK

spidermanUK Formula 3

Feb 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Clive
    #49 spidermanUK, May 24, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    And you are a liar! You must have been mortified when Duane mentioned 6 Speed!!! So here's proof that you are simply full of it, Mr. Big Shot!!

Posted 1/1/05
    http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=223110&postcount=1

Posted 1/2/05
    http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=223138&postcount=7

Posted 3/3/06
    http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=530348&postcount=8

Seem familiar? But in DIRECT contradiction of your post of 1/1/05!!!Or were you too busy driving your Carrera GT to be bothered to pick up your lowly 430???

Then Mr. Dreamer starts shopping for a Gallardo Roadster!!!!
    Posted 2/1/06
    __________________ http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=501925&postcount=1

But Mr. Worlds' Most Important Car Buyer was obviously waiting for the Lamborghini dealer to call him and beg you to buy a car

Posted by GFORCED 2/16/06
    http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=515201&postcount=5

So in your own fair hand you admit that you are a "newbie" to Ferrari ownership in Jan 05, but by March 06 you are
    13 months is not several years, and in the period between those dates you make no mention whatsoever of having bought a Ferrari, but of course you do brag about your CGT and Range Rover!

And you had the nerve to call me a Troll!!!!

And just to prove that I actually have some experience of buying new Ferraris, I've taken a couple of pictures in your honour!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

25. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Funny stuff!
    :)
    BT