Need help buying F430 spider | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Need help buying F430 spider

Discussion in '360/430' started by dkim996tt, May 16, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Killing myself with laughter, very good work Clive.:D:D:D What posesses these people?

2. Iain

Iain F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2005
    UK
    "Owned" I think is the appropriate term! :D:D:D

3. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    Wrong.

Ferrari expects dealers to have a year's worth of deposits in house for waitlisted cars. These deposits are reported to Ferrari.

If a dealer does not collect a deposit, nor tells someone that they have a waiting list, this is nowhere near the norm. Anyone who does not experience this must be very good customers who get special treatment.

Most 430 Spider lists are sold out for an anticipated 5 year model run.

4. bluenose

bluenose Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 5, 2006
    Clive, this is the best thread i have ever read. It was obvious this guy is a total wanna be and never gonna be, but you provided the proof and did it in such a superb manner !

I wonder if this moron will try and continue this comedy any longer with yet more lies and eleborate boast's to being above the average human who buys Ferrari's.

Kudos to you Sir,

5. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    #55 darth550, May 24, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    As a casual observer and veteran of many troll wars I am here to say, YOU need a new magazine (or forum) to aid you in achieving your morning, um, satisfaction!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. Ade

Ade Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    UK
    great stuff Clive! Brilliant! :)

7. kwottro

kwottro Rookie

May 19, 2006
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Love your work Clive !

8. nberry

nberry Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Clearly dealers are different in their approach. However, I must say that your friend situation with his dealer is odd. I am puzzled as to why they still want a deposit from him.

Regarding establishing a relationship the first rule is patience. There are a lot of people interested in doing the same thing. If you know clients of your dealer talk to them to determine if the dealer has a process which honors. That is, if you buy a car other than a 430 from them, do they stand by their timetable for getting you a 430?

If you have a comfort level that the dealer is reliable in word and deed, then go in and sit down with the dealer and tell them you want to become a client interested in buying a 430 and subsequent models. Your not in this just to buy one car. What do YOU need to do to position yourself to get a 430 and how long will it take? BTW, as a result of the DOT ruling an honest answer may be a new 430 is impossible because a new model is scheduled for late 2008. Thus if the list is longer than two years they probably can't do anything for you.

Only a dialogue of this nature can create an environment for establishing a client relationship. You need to show your commitment to a partnership between you and the dealer. It is no differen than any other business relationship. There must be a mutual benefit. This is not like buying a Porsche.:)

9. Jonny5

Jonny5 Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2004
    #59 Jonny5, May 24, 2006
  10. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    David:

As fun fun as I'm having reading this I guess for the most part your questions have not been answered. First are you close by the dealer, if you are drop by a just talk to them, let them know you are a serious buyer and are willing to become a customer and one who plans on buying more than one car. Quite frankly if you even want a new one built for you, you will be buying at least one used one maybe more.

One of the biggest problems dealers face is that they always have more buyers than they have cars, and many of them have been buying cars for years.

11. WarrenF355

WarrenF355 Formula 3

Dec 29, 2004
    Newburgh, IN
    Full Name:
    Warren M. Rogers
    Great pics! Got a laugh out of me! Nice detective work.

12. Buzz48317

Buzz48317 F1 Rookie

Dec 5, 2005
    Shelby Twp., MI
    Full Name:
    Michael
    This may be a bit off topic but you should know the answer. What does the dealer do with the deposits? Are they held by Ferrari? Do they belong to the dealer? What happens if the dealer goes out of business?

You are at Cauley right? They are a newer dealer for Ferrari but have been selling Chevrolet on Orchard Lk. road for as long as I can remember but what happens to the deposits that they have if, God forbid, something happened and Caulley got out of the Ferrari business? I assume that the deposits get refunded but what about those that were getting close to the top of the list?

In my industry all this is HEAVILY regulated by the Federal Trade Commision and the money has to be held by an unrelated third party. How about with $5,000 deposits on a car to be produced later?

13. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    As far as I know, deposits sit in the dealership's bank account. Ferrari of North America can audit us at any time, and when a deposit is reported to them, it better be there if they come a knockin'.

I have no idea what would happen to deposits in house if a dealership were to go out of business. I like to think that is an issue I will never have to deal with.

14. daz355

daz355 Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2004
    MclarenVille
    Full Name:
    Darren P
    Clive,
    You the man!!!!!!!!!!!

15. angelis

angelis F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 18, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Sy
    #65 angelis, May 24, 2006
  16. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    Great work Clive!

17. KenC

KenC Formula 3

Dec 7, 2003
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Good work Mr Sugar - I mean Clive :) .

18. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Seems like a lot of energy wasted trying to smoke out a BSer but OTOH it's better to know the truth(or close to it) so that people aren't mislead. Good work if in fact this guy is a phony.

BTW, this follows the typical pattern of a BSer i.e. big claim that leaves you wondering, then a reluctance to veryify, followed by them trying to turn it around saying that they shouldn't have to prove anything. Finally they either cop to it or disappear. All the phonies follow this typical pattern.

19. racespecferrari

racespecferrari F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2006
    Suffolk, Uk
    Full Name:
    Pete.G By The Sea

Ditto, I've never laughed so much since I started on here ;-)

20. racespecferrari

racespecferrari F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2006
    Suffolk, Uk
    Full Name:
    Pete.G By The Sea
    Clive, This thread is great, keep it up ;-)

21. icon

icon Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2006
    longboat key
    Full Name:
    jeff
    entertaining thread! :)
    deeroff doesnt show to have been online since the nice pics were posted!
    can't wait for the response! :)

22. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    Jackoff Deeroff has been pretty quiet..... HMMM.

You think his mommy caught him playing on daddy's 'puter?

23. dysko

dysko Formula Junior

Sep 20, 2005
    Altus
    Full Name:
    Dave
    FChat Silver Membership... $15
    Computer... $2000
    430 Spider at MSRP...$250K
    Deeroff getting busted by the Fchat BS police... Priceless.

24. icon

icon Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2006
    longboat key
    Full Name:
    jeff
    you never know!
    he might have a comeback!!! :)
    the anticipation is killing me!
    not really, but hate to see this soap opera of a
    thread come to an end right after i found it!

25. Buzz48317

Buzz48317 F1 Rookie

Dec 5, 2005
    Shelby Twp., MI
    Full Name:
    Michael

You probably won't as Jeff Cauley seems to have his head screwed on straight...but nobody has asked you? Seems like a reasonable question to me if I am forking over 5 grand as a deposit for a delivery that will probably take three years...since I don't have deeroff's clout ;)