Need help I just bought a new bike SPECIALIZED | FerrariChat

Need help I just bought a new bike SPECIALIZED

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Afonsolaw, Jun 23, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    Hello all... I just bought a new bike a specialized venge early. I am in love with it. Just bought a new bike a specialized eventually. I am in love with it. I am now looking to upgrade the bike first piece of equipment I am looking to change out or the wheels. I really like the carbon wheels from Campagnolo however from the research I have done it seems as though the campy wheels will not fit on my bike as it sits with the Shimano cassette and other associated parts. So option one would be to upgrade the bike with campagnolo wheels and also by the Campagnolo group set for the venge elite. The other option which seems easier and less costly would be to upgrade my bike with Roval wheels.
    Are these my only two options? Also is it worth it to get the campagnolo wheels and groupset?

2. Hocakes

Hocakes Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2010
    FL
    Why don't you ride it for several months before shelving perfectly good, brand new wheels? If you want to upgrade, there are any number of companies making very nice carbon wheels who will be happy to take your money. Zipp, Enve, Fulcrum, Lightweight($$$$$$$), Hed, Easton, Reynolds, Rolf, etc, etc.

3. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    So is going with campagnolo worth the extra cash between the wheels and the group set?

4. Hocakes

Hocakes Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2010
    FL
    It would have made a lot more sense to buy a bike w/ Campy from the get go. You do not need to switch to Campy just to swap wheels. Again, why shelve your perfectly good, brand new group just to swap to Campy wheels? You can swap freehub bodies from Shimano/Sram to Campy on most wheels.

Afonsolaw likes this.
  5. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    So I can buy campy wheels and just swap out the feehub bodies to shimano/sram?

6. Hocakes

Hocakes Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2010
    FL
    I would check with your shop & website info for the wheels you like. if you just bought it & haven't ridden it, why not return it (if possible) & spec out a different bike w/ Campy?? This really doesn't make any sense. You can get some really nice wheels that are fully compatible with your Shimano drivetrain.

Afonsolaw likes this.
  7. F456 V12

F456 V12 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2004
    Coto de Caza
    Full Name:
    Christian
    I agree, get to know your bike and develop your skill before you spend more money on upgrades. I have an older Tarmac Expert with a Dura Ace groupset with Roval wheels and haven't found a reason to part with $$$$ to get a slightly lighter and better brand wheel. I'll do it someday, but just not now.

MB

Afonsolaw likes this.
  8. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    Thanks all for the input... I am riding my bike and as I am doing that I am doing research as to what I want to upgrade (not that it needs anything).

9. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
  10. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    ...IMO Campy does offer craziest-smooth bearings (CULT), there's a reason why non-Campy groupset bikes are frequently equipped with Campy wheels, why Fulcrum is a popular choice. The Fulcrum name is more brand-neutral, doesn't jar as much with non-Campy sponsors. ;)

I have both Campy (Fulcrum) and Zipp wheels.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Afonsolaw likes this.