Need help identifying trophy for sale | FerrariChat

Need help identifying trophy for sale

Discussion in 'Other Parts & Collectibles' started by phil the brit, Jan 4, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. phil the brit

phil the brit Formula 3

Jul 7, 2013
    Colchester+Clermont
    Full Name:
    Phil Taylor
    I bought this trophy from a sale many years ago. Every time I have researched it I have drawn a blank.
    These are not the best of pictures but the trophy is at my place in USA and I am in the UK right now so I cannot take any more for a while.
    The bell is engraved as follows...... Shipping Channel Muskie Marine Offshore Classic
    Printed on the two plaques on the base is the various production classes and the winners names.
    It stands about 18 inches tall and is very heavy.
    Are there any boat/knowledgeable people out there who can assist with information.
    It is for sale as soon as I know how to describe it.
    Many thanks
    Phil
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
  3. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    cool!!! Keep us updated if you find anything out!

sjd

4. Ferrari27

Ferrari27 Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2010
    Phil.

This site has already been mentioned above and it seems to be the Ferrari Chat of the powerboating world. The link below goes to a thread where a guy had just bought (in 2014) the Russ Zablockie boat "Short Circuit". If their site is anything like Ferrari Chat someone on there will know something, surely, and the current owner of one of the boats could be a potential buyer of your trophy.

https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/magnum-marine/317354-short-circuit.html

Robert.

P.S. bad luck in the darts! :)

5. phil the brit

phil the brit Formula 3

Jul 7, 2013
    Colchester+Clermont
    Full Name:
    Phil Taylor
    Many thanks for everyones links. I have posted on the website but as I have less than 10 posts I cannot post a picture or URL.
    I post here what responses I get.

Re the darts, you can't win them all!;)

6. phil the brit

phil the brit Formula 3

Jul 7, 2013
    Colchester+Clermont
    Full Name:
    Phil Taylor
    So, an update on the trophy. I posted on www.offshore.com the fact that I had the trophy and received a lot of responses from people who wanted to buy it. I ended up selling it to one of the winners of the trophy. It turned out that the sponsor of the event kept it rather than giving it to a winner.
    It is about to be reunited with one of the winning boats.
    Many thanks to F-Chat members on here who gave advice on finding the right people.

7. Ferrari27

Ferrari27 Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2010
    Phil.

That seems like a great outcome! Well done for sticking with it and finding an appropriate new owner.

Robert

8. phil the brit

phil the brit Formula 3

Jul 7, 2013
    Colchester+Clermont
    Full Name:
    Phil Taylor