Need help on a 360 spider | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Need help on a 360 spider

Discussion in '360/430' started by Carrj0886, Aug 23, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Carrj0886

Carrj0886 Rookie

Aug 22, 2022
    Full Name:
    Joshua Carr
    Correct, I didn't int3nd it to be interpreted that way. Try clicking fob out side car and then starting and nothing happened other than what's been stated. Also tried inserting key then clicking the fob before starting and same results. Just to clarify trackjunkie

2. Carrj0886

Carrj0886 Rookie

Aug 22, 2022
    Full Name:
    Joshua Carr
    Ok guys, I can't get the video to upload on here. However I think the car is actually in gear. If it was shut off in 1st gear, what would happen? Because at this point I'm thinking that's exactly what's happening. How do I get it in neutral if I can't get power? Is there a manual override of some sort to get it in neutral

3. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    That dash will show if it's in gear in the gear selected window. Secondly..on crank..the car will automatically put it in to neutral before the engine starts to crank.

Second..do you hear a pump running when you open the door? If not..then the car won't start due to lack of system pressure.

Third..make sure the brake lights are working. Car will not start if there is no brake pedal input if the car is in gear.

4. Carrj0886

Carrj0886 Rookie

Aug 22, 2022
    Full Name:
    Joshua Carr
  5. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    You're still missing some kind of power. You have immobiliser and doorlock operation, but not much else. No lights, digital instrument displays (other than the red triangle), no horn, etc.

You need a multimeter to check the maxi-fuses near the battery. i.e. voltage with battery on, and/or the resistance of the fuses with fuses removed. One of the maxi fuses provides battery power to instruments, horn, sidelights, headlights, etc.

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    It will be one of the 60 amp fuses. I assume #1 or #3. There is some discrepancy between the Owner's Manual and the WSM Wiring Diagrams, so check all the 60 amp fuses.

Recheck the tightness and cleanliness of the battery terminals

Carrj0886 likes this.
  6. Some Guy in the sky

Some Guy in the sky Formula Junior

Sep 19, 2018
    I wonder if its something as simple as the ignition switch being dead.

Carrj0886 and Qavion like this.
  7. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    #32 Qavion, Aug 27, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2022
    If the fuse checks are ok, I would suspect an ignition (key power) problem, possibly a relay problem. Check your handbook for "key control devices" or "servizi/devices" relays (2 off)

(EDIT: crossposted with Some Guy) :D

I did note that there was some beeping when the ignition was turned on, so perhaps the lock itself is ok or some portion of the lock?

(EDIT #2) But an ignition problem shouldn't make the interior lights or the horns stop working.

8. Carrj0886

Carrj0886 Rookie

Aug 22, 2022
    Full Name:
    Joshua Carr

Right thats where I'm lost, there is some degree of something working there because the beeping when the key is turned. But nothing for the dash at all. Going to pull fuses and start tearing through everything as much as possible. Also trying to keep this thread as detailed as possible for anyone in the future. So there will definitely be updates as well as a solution here eventually

Qavion likes this.
  9. Some Guy in the sky

Some Guy in the sky Formula Junior

Sep 19, 2018
    If the car has been sitting for a long time I would actually start looking for wires that have been chewed up by mice given the symptoms.

Qavion likes this.
  10. Carrj0886

Carrj0886 Rookie

Aug 22, 2022
    Full Name:
    Joshua Carr
    Does anyone have any wiring diagrams on this car? Specifically maybe the ignition switch side of things? Which wire is ground which are positive which are switched etc. Just trying to make sure I have power and ground where need be and possibly bypass switch just to test

11. Carrj0886

Carrj0886 Rookie

Aug 22, 2022
    Full Name:
    Joshua Carr
    Hey guys just to update everyone, turned out to be the ignition fuse, check continuity had continuity with power off as soon as power is applied it showed as a bad fuse, so swapped the fuse and she is alive again. Thanks for everyone's input

Qavion and Some Guy in the sky like this.
  12. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Thanks for the update. I wonder why the fuse blew.

Sorry, I didn't see your previous message. Yes, wiring diagrams are available for the spider. Here's one which includes the ignition power supply:

https://www.dropbox.com/t/YxyZaO64n2MaTf4A

The ignition is shown in the top right hand corner "5E". You may be able to see the GR (yellow/red) wire feeding the ignition switch. This is powered by fuse 78 in fuseblock "7H"

13. Carrj0886

Carrj0886 Rookie

Aug 22, 2022
    Full Name:
    Joshua Carr
    Qavion omg that's perfect keeping that one for future reference. Much appreciated.

Qavion likes this.
  14. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Sorry, looking at the wrong diagram. The Spider and later model cars are powered by fuse 80.... and it's a red/yellow (RG) wire. I did post the right diagram for the spider (above), though.