Need Help!!! Pchop mobile is totalled!!!!!!!! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Need Help!!! Pchop mobile is totalled!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by pchop, Aug 13, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    all right. Just saw the pictures. I'm not feeling too well anymore. That sick feeling is there. It doesn't looked totaled, but it's gonna cost somebody.

Perhaps you can rent a replacement while yours gets fixed? I know somebody with a new Gallardo that can help out.

2. JC360

JC360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    NYC...and soon WC 2
    Full Name:
    Jon C.
    pchop, holy **** i cant believe it!? those muthaf!!ers.
    sorry bro.
    but i am impressed that you are keeping your cool and that
    you are levelheaded after this.
    i agree with eric, right now whats been done has been done,
    get representation, contact both insurance and pressure the
    hell out of them. that car was the most beautiful 355 spider
    i have seen, you must get top dollar for the damages.
    please let me know what i can do.

btw.. i know that garage well, i have a showroom in the area and
    use to always park there becuase its a couple of steps from all the
    bars/restaurants on k-town, but stopped parking there becuase:
    a) there is a big incline/decline
    b) the guys there are so busy that they rush whenever they go get/park your car
    c) they dont know how to drive stick
    d) they dented up my range rover 6 years ago (right passenger door)
    e) they dented my bmw m last year (left rear corner bumper)
    f) they scratched the g tank beginning of this year (roof due to clearance)

3. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    unbelieveable. I feel so badly for you.

It CAN be fixed. Any good paint shop will be able to match the paint perfectly.

All that said, the car will now have damage on its history, and you will never be able to sell it, if you did want to sell it, for full price. Make sure that whatever they pay you takes this into consideration.

I would ask for lots of money and try not to take it to court. The less lawyer $ you have to pay, the more you get to put in your pocket. I would ask for more than the value of the car. I wouldn't be surprised if you got it, either. The last thing a car garage needs is word getting out that this is what they do to cars.

On a side note, I don't understand how any car garage can think it's ok to do this. All you have to do is check the mileage before you get out of the car, and you can bust them easily...

Good luck. Also, if you don't mind, it's probably a really good idea to post either a link to think, or a new thread itself, in the General Discussion section. You will probably get pages and pages of free advices, perhaps even a few lawyers offering to help you out for free. It's a good idea.

4. kenster888

kenster888 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Massachusetts
    This is just terrible.

Most likely the dummy stepped on the clutch instead of the break.

Stay tough my friend and get yourself a good lawyer. If I can help with anything let me know.

5. Merdav

Merdav Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2004
    You think that is what happened? Did you see Ferris Buellers day off?

6. 993 guy

993 guy F1 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    Bergen County NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric D
    Not to mention, he had to be moving at a decent clip to do that kind of damage. It looks like he went into one of the support poles, and not a wall. What a disaster...

7. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003

8. JC360

JC360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    NYC...and soon WC 2
    Full Name:
    Jon C.
    just spoke to pchop...
    he is pissed but in good spirits, but as for
    me i am so f!!ckn pissed off... i am definitely stopping by
    there today (one of my showrooms is in that area) and
    gonna give sh!!. ridiculous, and knowing pchop, he most
    defintely tipped well before handing over the keys...

9. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

John that is awful. Get an attorney and have your insurance company get moving ASAP, which I'm sure you have done. These garage parking lot people are the worst, didn't Dr Strangelove have a problem with one at his country club.

10. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    All Kidding aside Brad should know a good lawyer or two.

11. JPF

JPF Formula Junior

Sep 11, 2003
    NY
    Full Name:
    Joshua
    OH no, no, no, no.......

I can't beleive it John, that is terrible. The feeling of "violation" must be huge in you right now.

My condolences, I hope you get them good!

:'-(

12. F5506M

F5506M Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Hi Pchop,

Sorry to hear about what happened to your car. I met you ar CC a few months back, if you need any help finding a good attorney let me know and I will ask around my firm for any recommendations.

Rehan

13. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    You have the police report, so that's a good thing.

Another thought:

What if the attendant DID joy ride. What if he hit someone else & ran back to the garage. Someone else is going to be very pissed a Ferrari hit them and ran. Just as a heads-up when you are in discussions with the parking garage/attendant about reparations.

14. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    yo pchop.....

dude, i feel for u. one thing i give kudos to u is that u kept ur cool. u got class. but unfortunately those muthafvckers at the garage fvcked ur car up.

usually there are cameras in the car garages. we forgot to ask the manager last nite to see if he had it on tape? did u get a copy of the police report yet?

fchat crew....u should have seen the blood all over the car. there was blood on the seats...the windshield...the hood...the front bumper....everywhere!!!
    i think that idiot who drove the car crashed his head on the windshield and blood gushed everywhere....then the retard got out of the car and looked at the front damage while blood still dripped from his fvcken head!

one of my lawyers is very aggressive...if u need his number...call me. we need to get u max $$$ amount for pain and suffering too :)

15. udalmia

udalmia Guest

I agree, i can imagine the $$ the garage company will lose if you go public with this story, they will always have this back of their head.. You should go for as much as you can get, nothing can compensate you enough for the trauma you would have been experiencing

I have also asked my dad about a lawyer, he said he would let me know soon

16. Ed P.

Ed P. Formula 3

Dec 28, 2002
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    No Longer
    I bet the attendant has already called 1 800 LAWYERS figuring that he can retire on this since it happened on the job. He'll say he had no idea what kind of car he was driving and it just took off and he couldn't control it. I can hear it already....

17. 993 guy

993 guy F1 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    Bergen County NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric D
    Wait a minute...blood everywhere? This is sounding more and more fishy by the moment. You had better get some legal representation and speak with your insurance agency ASAP so that you don't have anything come back to haunt you in the future. This is unbelieveable...John, feel free to PM me if you want to discuss. I know that everyone is putting in their .02 (which is cool), but I do have quite a bit of experience in these situations. John C can attest to that...and I'll be happy to share my experience with you. Keep your head up bro...you WILL come out on top after all is said and done here.

18. JC360

JC360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    NYC...and soon WC 2
    Full Name:
    Jon C.
    pchop, definitely call 993guy for advice on your car situation.
    his advice helped me big time.

19. RogerM

RogerM Formula Junior

Apr 26, 2004
    I see the driver suing Ferari, the Garage, and Pchop for enabling, forcing, and bringing him in contact with a car with tooo much power for him to handle. :D

Seriously though, my condolences. I'm sure you will end up with a better car and money in pocket as a bonus! Maybe even an exotic car parking garage to boot :)

Good luck.

20. kenster888

kenster888 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Massachusetts
    Yea but they used a replica.... :)

Yo Michael how you doing?

21. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    Holy crap...this is getting uglier and uglier by the minute.

Pchop -- we're on your side. Let us know what/when/how, and we'll do it.

nlh

22. 993 guy

993 guy F1 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    Bergen County NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric D
    Hey Noah, you goin' to be pimpin' tomorrow in one of your rides at the Mahwah gathering? What better place to do some advertising! ;-)

23. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    Unfortunately (or fortunately, literally), both are rented out this weekend, so I am funcarless. :(

nlh

24. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy

Get us some business cars/propaganda & we can pimp for ya!

25. 993 guy

993 guy F1 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    Bergen County NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric D
    Absolutely. Sorry and glad at the same time to hear it! Heck, someone's gotta pay for those beauties!