Need Help!!! Pchop mobile is totalled!!!!!!!! | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Need Help!!! Pchop mobile is totalled!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by pchop, Aug 13, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sharif

Sharif Formula Junior

Oct 19, 2003
    New York
    Full Name:
    Sharif
    That's terrible news man :( like they say when it rains it pours...

Good Luck with everything.

2. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    pchop....

holy crap. i cant believe all this bull$hit that is going on! Im glad that u are ok. i hope ur spirits will change later to the better. i think there is a bad karma wave going on for u and me. Im not having such a hot time either.

please look to the positive side....

u did not get hurt,
    from the dead lows comes new highs

3. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    Words to live by.

4. lupe

lupe Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2004
    New Jersey
    Pchop sorry to hear about all the crazy **** that has happen. What counts is that you are okay the car could be replace but you can't.if any thing call me you got my number good luck remember every thing happens for a reason and what counts is that you are okay.

5. sagaponack

sagaponack Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Things come in threes. So please be careful for a while.

Wih respect to the 355 accident:

1. Contact the management company of the garage. There are only three big garage companies in new york. Chances are it is one of the three.

2. DO NOT GO THROUGH YOUR INSURANCE UNLESS YOU HAVE TO. You might be able to deal directly with the garage and its insurance company. If you go through yours, your rates will go up. It does not matter if it was your fault. Your are the insured and there has been a claim. Any excuse is taken to raise rates. THIS IS EVEN MORE IMPORTANT GIVEN THE JEEP ACCIDENT SINCE YOU WERE DRIVING IN THAT SITUATION.

3. THE CAR IS (/MUST BE) TOTALED. The value of a 355 in an accident like that... You know the answer. Have the garage give you full value. Argue like hell. Argue with the insurance company. I am sure there will be an estimate where it will not be worth the risk of trying to fix it.

TO THE REST OF EC:

You guys are nuts to be driving your FCars the way you do in NYC. Pick one garage and keep it there and tip the mgmt. big time. Ghost has a great garage where his car is kept on a lift. I keep a car there too. If you want to take your FCar out in Manhattan, park it in front of restaurant where you are sitting by it at at table nearby. That is it. Otherwise, TAKE A CAB or bring the car back to your garage when you are done driving. Even this way, you still run the risk of hitting a pothole that take out your whole suspension.

Good luck Pchop

Rob

www.bridgemc.com

6. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    Yet another reason we need to do our "private-f-car-garage/workshop-in-the-city" plan...

But in the same vein, the garage beneath my building is a great option for anyone looking for a safe and inexpensive place to keep an f-car. It's on the West Side, underground, heated, 24-hour staffed, and costs $300 / month for a park-and-lock spot (i.e. you keep the key, they never touch the car).

Furthermore, they are, I believe, the least expensive daily-rate garage in the whole city, and they have a single flat rate -- $8.30 for 12 hours, and that's it. Tip the guys $5 extra when you park there and you can take the key with you. Can't really beat $20 a day....

--Noah

7. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    i used to be like this....all scared to drive my 360 around the city because i couldnt find parking. but u know what they did to my driving experience? i basically had the car as a garage queen for 2 years!

id say.....we EC boyz are NOT nuts for driving our fcars the way we do in NYC. potholes...door dings....****.....they are all part of the driving experience (even though unwanted).....and can be fixed. u treat ur f car like a queen that cant be moved or touched.....u will regret it. im now all in for driving ur fcar like a regular car, but make sure u keep ur eyes on the road for bumps/potholes/etc.....(though nyc roads are A LOT better than 3 years ago!).

drive hard.....work hard.....& lay pipe!

8. JC360

JC360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    NYC...and soon WC 2
    Full Name:
    Jon C.
    fwerd.
    i think if you worry about your driving a ferrari in the city dont get a ferrari.
    **** happens, potholes, door dings, etc... if you worry about it, you arent
    going to enjoy the car. i think you jsut have to be smart and trust your instincts when driving in the city, if you have a bad feeling parking somewhere lot or street, dont park there...
    dont let the car dictate your life.... u want to drive it, drive it, just be smart about it and all is good.

9. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    fwwweerRRFffFFFff zeEEN!!!

10. RogerM

RogerM Formula Junior

Apr 26, 2004
    Need a beater Ferrari and a "good car" Ferrari. Problem solved :D

11. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Ooorrrrr...both in one...presto...Mondial.

12. RogerM

RogerM Formula Junior

Apr 26, 2004
    I hope Pchop gets a Diablo. We need to mix things up a bit :D

13. udalmia

udalmia Guest

never pass up a chance to pitch those in eh sam ;)

14. sagaponack

Nov 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Absolutely. An FCar is a recreational car. It is not transportation.
    Use it sparingly in NYC. Once you get in the first thing you should do is drive it out of the Mayhem. NYC is SUV territory.

Rob

15. JC360

JC360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    NYC...and soon WC 2
    Full Name:
    Jon C.
    werd.... you gotta have a truck in the city.
    snow/rain/other cars, nothing stops a truck.

16. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    Unless your PChop, then a bus can stop one. ;)

Talons. Talons can stop a lot

or a cab. they can stop anything!

17. JC360

JC360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    NYC...and soon WC 2
    Full Name:
    Jon C.
  18. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Never! ;)

19. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Then what's the point of having it. lots of money sitting there depreciating just so you know you have a fcar, that's a waste of money and car :)

20. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    i strongly disagree with u based on my 4 years of having my 360 in the city. roads got a lot better.....no need to worry that much.....just keep at least 1 car's length in front of u to see the road while driving.

the only bad road now in manhattan is Madison ave (midtown madison ave)

21. udalmia

udalmia Guest

and you got dem battle scars to prove it!

seriously though i didnt know youve had the car for 4 years.. damn

22. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    I agree with Hubert. It is just a car. It is an expensive car granted but it is just a car. I am all for driving the car as much as possible. I drive my Viper as much as I can. Just because you have an exotic does not mean you can not drive it as much. Hell I put 21,000 miles on my car and counting after 1 and 1/2 years of ownership. Enjoy it!

23. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Yeah, but it's a Viper. ;)

24. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Rob, PM'd you.

25. sagaponack

Nov 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Not true.

In 1997 I bought a 348 Spider with 3k miles for $84k. I used it every weekend for 6 years outside of Manhattan. By 2002 it had 10k miles and I sold it for $76k.

For those playing at home, that's $1,333 a year or $111 a month.

What kind of car can you lease for $111 a month?

I had such great residual value because it's doors did not look like Edward j Olmos's face due to NYC garage door dings, and it did not rattle like a NYC taxi cab due to pot holes... It might have been in the rain twice. And no paint work.

You can preserve residual value by really taking care of a car. Manhattan is not the place to preserve residual value. And if you live here, take it out of the city to enjoy it.