Need Help!!! Pchop mobile is totalled!!!!!!!! | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Need Help!!! Pchop mobile is totalled!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by pchop, Aug 13, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    of course you only lost minimal on the car, you only put about 1k miles year! I am sure you enjoyed it everytime you did take it out, but I would like to assume you would have had more fun if you took it out 3x more often, or am I wrong?

I actually live on LI, but I would take my car to city any chance I get. I got it in June, I put on 2100 miles already :) Car is meant to be driven, that's money well spent, I don't mind not getting top dollar when I re-sell it.

2. Merdav

Merdav Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2004
    Well put Chris, I got mine in May, 2500 miles so far, didn't buy it as a financial investment, bought it as a smile investment!

3. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    OK, I see another mandatory Fchat Ferrari day emerging.......

Welcome to the bi-annual FChat Appraisal run.

This is where we hire an appraisal company to do complete appraisals in writing for just such accidents. Should only cost us $100 or so if we do, say, 10-15 cars. We drive to some parking lot, they come with camera, forms, appraise, send us the results.
    Every other year should be sufficient.
    If the appraisal is current, the insurance company can't argue too much.

My last appraisal was 3 years ago, done at my job, cost about $150. I'm overdue. This was necessary since Kelly blue book didn't have a listing for my car and the insurance company had no clue about replacement value and that was not a good situation.

4. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    I dont know about you, but I bought a Ferrari for the driving enjoyment....
    not about the resale value when I sell it.

I could care less what the residial value of the car is after Im done with it! All I know is that door dings can be fixed, scraps can be painted, etc....Im not saying to mistreat you car, Im saying that little cosmetic blemishes are EASILY fixable. The most important thing is that the engine and the mechanical stuff inside the car are in top notch condition, which can be attained by driving the baby a lot, instead of garage queening it.

5. F5506M

F5506M Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Going back to the original thread P-Chop sorry to hear about all your bad luck, like everyone said the most important thing is you are ok, cars are replacable and there were will many many more ferrari's to come in the future. It was nice meeting you on Saturday again if you need any help please let me know.

6. pchop

pchop F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2002
    Usually NY often elsewhere.
    Full Name:
    John
    Ferrari of LI took a look at it and thought the damage looked worse than it really is. It's hard for me to total my first Ferrari especially the rich history the car has. Hopefully the body shop will repair it to "near new" and I can still squeez a few more runs with the top down before the weather gets cold.

I will start a new thread showing the progress of the repair in the next day or two.

7. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    Joh, the guy that FLI is using does an amazing job. i have seen his work and it is almost undetectable. word of advisem you need to push them a bit since they are very busy.

8. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    pchop,

hopefully the car will be fixed soon and pchop mobile will be cruising once again wit da boyzzz. we got to hook up this week

9. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Glad to hear that!

10. Merdav

Merdav Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2004
    Clyde my insurance company used the Nada guide, this is for a 85' but close enough for government work.

11. Gary Res

Gary Res Formula Junior

Apr 23, 2004
    Long Island,New York
    Full Name:
    Gary
    I have seen the work that FOL sends their body work to. The guy does a great job. You can't tell. Where do you think all the new Ferrari's end up when they come off the trucks and the bumpers get scratched, and the doors or fenders get dented? That body shop.

12. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    Or Classic Coach

13. udalmia

udalmia Guest

14. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    Good old Classic ;)