348 - Need help torque specs for bearing bolts for timing belt. | FerrariChat

348 Need help torque specs for bearing bolts for timing belt.

Discussion in '348/355' started by SPOM13, Nov 17, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SPOM13

SPOM13 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2015
    Been searching for all the correct torque specs for reassembly and pretty frustrated. B88 of service manual English is hard to translate. Needed the torque for the Hill engineering bearing bolts, the nuts that hold the belt tensioner to the block. Thanks!

2. SPOM13

SPOM13 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2015
    I’m told 25Nm for the nuts and 50Nm for the bearing bolt… but that is for a 360

3. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    If you can't find the specific torque specs it's likely the torque spec for the particular nut and stud. I just rebuilt my engine and most of the torque specs were essentially the torque spec for the fasteners.

Sent from my SM-G990U using FerrariChat.com mobile app

SPOM13 likes this.
  4. m.stojanovic

m.stojanovic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2011
    Malaysia - KL
    Full Name:
    Miroljub Stojanovic
    The torques are provided at pages N11 to N24 (attached). Take note that the stated unit "daNm" (dekanewton-metre) is an error, the figures are Nm. According to the table for the engine, the belt tensioner nuts (M8) should be 25 Nm and the centre bolt (M10) 58 Nm.

Attached Files:

SPOM13 likes this.
  5. SPOM13

SPOM13 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2015
    "tightener body fastening to crankcase"... I should have known! haha. Thanks so much. Just a little OCD on the torque specs ;)

6. m.stojanovic

m.stojanovic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2011
    Malaysia - KL
    Full Name:
    Miroljub Stojanovic
    Page B88 also shows the torque for the belt tensioner centre bolt (58 Nm) but the English translation says "Chain tightener" (!?). When you Google translate from Italian (or from the other two languages), it is "Belt tensioner".

SPOM13 likes this.