News

Need help with Gransport exhaust...

Discussion in 'MVPEurosports.com' started by wyll01, Nov 4, 2007.

1. wyll01

wyll01 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 4, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Hello there Kevin at MVPeurosport,

I'm about the purchase a 06 Gransport. I've already listened to the stock exhaust and loved it! I noticed that the sound is really good at low rpms, but no sound at high. But the thing is I want something louder without replacing the stock muffler as I really like the tips. So, maybe just removed the resonator or cats and replaced them with x-pipe or???

I have no problem with ultra-LOUD exhaust whatsoever. I might want to make it as loud as it can get, but also not ridiculously loud(means that the sound is all over the place,there is no F1 tone or high pitch sound to it) . I also consider Mille Miglia muffler if replacing resonators or cats wouldn't help.

Hope u can help!

Thanks,
    wyll

2. RossoCorsaItaly

RossoCorsaItaly F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    EU
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Wyll,

Replacing the X-pipe and Catalytic converters will not make much of a difference. The Tubi exhaust has a really nice sound up top, unfortunately the drone down low is considered annoying by some. In terms of best sound, hands down in my opinion is the Kreis-sieg, the downside is it is far more expensive then the Tubi or Mille Miglia option, but if you are truly out for the ultimate exhaust system it is the way to go!

Regards,

Kevin

3. wyll01

wyll01 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 4, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Thanks for the reply, Kevin.

I would say that Kreissieg system is just too expensive. Other than Kreissieg, which one do u recommend the best? I have no problem of the drowing inside at low speed as I did put all straight pipe for my E60 M5. For the tubi, is it high pitch sound at high rpms? what about mille miglia? price?

Sorry for the Q's.
    Thx Kevin!

4. dlopez001

dlopez001 Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2007
    CA
    Full Name:
    DL
    Is it a complete cat-back system, or even more?

5. RossoCorsaItaly

RossoCorsaItaly F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    EU
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    The Tubi honestly over the Mille, the Mille Miglia is a little more higher pitched then the Tubi at higher RPM's, but overall the tone of the Tubi is much more smooth. Again this is my personal opinion, so take it for what you will.

Dlopez -

The price of the Kreis-sieg system is $5,498, it's a cat-back system with F1 valvetronic controlling like their other systems. Here are some sound clips and pictures, PM me for special pricing on the system.

http://www.kreissieg-usa.com/index.php?page=detail&brid=9&mid=34&cid=52&oid=54&pid=66

The optional catalytic converters are $2,498.

6. PaulC

PaulC Formula 3

Feb 11, 2003
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Paul
    If you buy an after-market system, I am looking to buy an oem GranSport system

7. wyll01

wyll01 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 4, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    PM me how much u're offering...thx