Need info/pics of 308 16" replica wheels | FerrariChat

Need info/pics of 308 16" replica wheels

Discussion in '308/328' started by RVIDRCI, Dec 12, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RVIDRCI

RVIDRCI Formula 3

Dec 1, 2005
    Long Beach / Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Luigi
    Hey all,
    I need to move on tire/wheel change on my Euro 308 QV. It currently has the 390/TRX set up, with REALLY dry michelins. I've decided I want to stay with a '85 original look, but I want to fill out the wells and put wider more modern rubber on the road. Also looking to upgrade to Brembos or Girodisc and that means 16" minimum wheel size. I'm worried that the 16" aftermarket replica wheels might be cheesy copies, and the GTO look modulars might have negatives I am not considering. If anyone can make comment from experience, or better yet post good res pics of the aftermarket 16's I would be grateful.
    Or, if you have a set of original U.S. 16x7/16x8 308 QV wheels you want to sell cheap, let me know (ha ha, like THATS gonna happen).
    Waiting for news .
    Thank You.
    Ciao,
    Luigi

2. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    Ive had both and the reproduction ones are cheesie copies that dont actually copy one of the most important details of the rear rims. The rear rims on any QV or 328 look wider (because they are) by being deeper in the spoke and lip area, looks like a deep dish rim compared to the front. The reproduction rims dont copy this detail and repeat the look of the front rim on the rear. Therefore it looks like you have 4 front rims on the car. Some people here will say they are great, no difference and so on but they suck (the rims). I picked up a set of QV rims and they are half the weight of the repops and of course look nice and fat in the rear. Im picky so it mattered a lot. If you arent then you will be satisfied because they are 16" rims. Oh, I also had balance issues with them and they wanted to send me some spacers that made up for a defect in the machined hub portion. I sold them and havent looked back.

P

3. RVIDRCI

RVIDRCI Formula 3

Dec 1, 2005
    Long Beach / Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Luigi
    Newman,
    Thanks for the heads up. Thats what I was afraid of, cheesy copies. and yes it matters to me alot to have the original 16x8 look in the rear. I guess I will have to try to locate some original U.S. QV wheels, but I understand that they are pretty rare these days.
    Thanx again
    Happy motoring.
    Ciao,
    Luigi