Need Mondial switches | FerrariChat

Need Mondial switches

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by pmorin, Jun 12, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. pmorin

pmorin Karting

May 14, 2004
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    P. Morin
    Hello all,

I just purchased a Mondial8 knowing the headlight and wiper stalks were broken. I thought Verell could fix them, but it seems the extent of the damage was greater than imagined.

I really need to get working headlights and turn signals to pass a safety inspection to get the car on the road.

Anybody know where I can find the parts I need? Ferrari UK doesn't have them, or if parts from another model could be used?

Thanks.

Patrick

2. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Did you check T. Rutlands (www.trutlands.com)? They seem to have new stuff and also bits from parts cars. Their web site is kind of weak, IMO, but a phone call might help.

Also, some sponsors here like Ricambi might be able to help and if they don't have it maybe point you in the right direction.

3. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
  4. pmorin

pmorin Karting

May 14, 2004
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    P. Morin
    Would this be all of it? Headlight, turn signal and wiper switches? Or just turn signal? The diagram doesn't show numbers for the other two stalks.

I was also under the impression that it was massively unobtainable. I will enquire.

Patrick

5. pmorin

pmorin Karting

May 14, 2004
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    P. Morin
    It was the right part, and of course, it's no longer available. Arghhh.

Anybody know if a Mondial QV steering column switch cluster can fit on a Mondial8?

Patrick

6. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    one way to check is to log into the classic parts section of Ferrari uk who has all of the parts manuals online, then compare parts numbers

7. pmorin

pmorin Karting

May 14, 2004
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    P. Morin
    I already know they are not the same part number. But they share the same outer housing (Ferrari Mondial 3.0 Quattrovalvole - COMMUTATOR HOUSING
    Part No. 114057) The housing is the same part number on the Mondial 8.

So, I'm wondering if it can fit.

Patrick

8. Philjay50

Philjay50 Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2003
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    Philip
    The switches are similar, if not the same as Lancia parts, as fitted to the Betas, Deltas etc. It might be worth a try in that direction.

9. NYCFERRARIS

NYCFERRARIS Formula 3

Mar 2, 2004
    Had a parking valet break my combo switch on the QV...(never valet park your f-car) here is my experience...

They are not interchangble from the 308GT4; 308; and 328....they may look kinda the same (early stalks are silver and the later stalks are matte black but they are easliy painted to switch to the proper color) but the wiring is a different hookup and yes, I guess you could sit and figure out a "crossover" loom of some kind, but there are a lot of wires...Rutlands had a guy who was doing "remanufactured" i.e. repair/rebuilding the combo switches and they were very expensive...what I did... I got a 308GT4 switch from a car that was going to be turned into a track car. I canabalized the inside parts that I needed to repair and resurrect my OEM QV switch. Be aware that if you do this, try not to pay too much for the used part since they are all the same vintage of course and the inner guts are all the same deterioating plastic and you may not have great parts to work with ...

10. pmorin

pmorin Karting

May 14, 2004
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    P. Morin
    I found and exact replacement. Wouhou!

I took the steering wheel off, but I do I get the steering hub off? Do I need a special tool for this?

Patrick